Question of the Day

Question of the Day:

Is there something wrong with most of us associating our fondest memories with material possesions?

Nah. We're fine.

No because if it is not a person things is what will help us remember. Can you remember what happened 3 weeks ago when you just walked down the street. I can't but I remeber this FINE girl waiting at the bus stop 4 weeks ago.

Besides we are material people living in a material world.

When you're a kid, you certainly are very materialistic...some of us grow up a little, but most people are pretty fond of their stuff throughout their lives.

Although, I have great memories of gifts and things as a kid, my best holiday memory comes from the Millenium Ball in London when I went to visit friends for the Y2K celebration. We drank copious amounts of alcohol, met new people, and had a blast while watching the hands of Big Ben strike midnight while a shower of fireworks went up and down the Thames. I also bought a sausage on a roll from a vendor and had some greasy fish & chips from a local hospital cafeteria that night (only open restrooms in the vicinity)...also, along the lines of Luda's thinking, there was this really cute girl from northern Britain...well, it was a really nice holiday.

Question of the Day:

How much time off do you have for Christmas?

I'm leaving for FL Wednesday and I won't be coming back to work until next year.

Question of the Day:

Where is everybody?

I think the overwhelming majority of our audience is either mired in finals or on holiday break.

I'm wrapped up with Finals, but now I'm spending time with friends and family and work and games I missed from being without consoles for a semester.

I'm here.....but have been bogged down by a nasty cold bug that has been going around.....Today is the first day i've felt better in like a week!......Otherwise, i'm playing the hell out of my consoles, readying up some pretty sweet reviews for the masses at MyGamer.......and of course, there is the biggest part of occupied time......The little baby....:emoticon:

This has nothing to do with QotD...oh well:

I finally got to read some of the Civil War comics, and they're just friggin amazing.
The story, drawings, and everything else about it is great.

That could prompt a QoTD.

How about what's your favorite comics storylines (try to name three)?

Mine would be the current Civil War, then Age of Apocalypse, then X-Cutioner's Song

Okay this is going to be tough, since I only dabble in anything but the Marvel Ultimate universe.

Hmmm - I like the whole Batman vs Red Hood thing. Bringing Jason Todd back is awesome.

Uncanny X-Men Holy War is on the list because I liked the romantic subplot. And every bride dumped at the altar should be given superpowers to mangle the groom with.

And I love all the X-Wing Rogue Squadron comics the best of all. If I had to choose one of their stories I think it would be The Warrior Princess.

Question of the Day:

What's the best thing you got for Christmas or Hanakkua or Kwanzaa or whatever?

I got a brand new laptop with an awesome graphics card which allows me to finally play Civ 4!

I guess the only thing I could describe as awesome was money. Cuz I did get a good amount of money...
The weirdest gift I got was one of those state quarter collector's map things.

Money for a Wii, whenever such a thing becomes availible to me, several games, and a bootleg NES/SNES player that works pretty well. And the first two seasons of Pete and Pete.

Question of the Day:

Would you do me a favor and plan my wedding for me?

I'd appreciate it. I really don't want to plan this thing.

It's all pretty easy. At the end of the day you do, he does, man and wife.

Get your flowers cheap, your cake at Wal-mart (they actually have awesome cakes), and keep your money invested in your honeymoon.