Question of the Day

I think kwilson has been in Phlly playing WoW and enjoying cable TV while at her finacee's. She's been enjoying other things as well, but doesn't want to sound crude, unlike kuruption.

Kurruption is the crudest mofo ever, he tells it like it is! and what do you mean? eating cheesesteaks isn't crude, maybe a little barbaric and manly, but not crude!

Question of the Day:

What's your drug of choice?

Mine is Nyquil. When you're sick, nothing ensures a great night's sleep like that stuff.

*Spoilers if you didn't see it*

It was perfect... except for Jack's flashback... I was more interested in the Others and what was CURRENTLY happenning, than what happenned in his past... they've done more Jack flashback episodes than anyone else, and I think they've milked it for all it's worth... more Sawyer flashbacks, more Locke flashbacks, more "Mister Echo" flashbacks... that's what I want :)

The opening was super exciting, answering a ton of questions and raising more :)

And the return (ever so briefly) of Ethan and Goodwin... good stuff :)

Oh yeah, it was good. About the flashbacks: I believe too many of the characters have a kind of crazy, esoteric backstory (like Kate). Some of them seem beyond repair. But anyway, regarding the present, some questions/observations to think about:

*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

1) Wonder why Juliet seemed so depressed in the beginning.

2) What was Henry/Ben doing while the book club meeting was going on?

3) Wonder what Jack, Sawyer, and Kate will be going through in the next two weeks as Henry/Ben alluded to?

4) What happened to Kate during that 'breakfast' with Henry/Ben, because when she came back to the cages where Sawyer was, her wrists were all mangeled up and she seemed fairly traumatized, not to mention she must've not eaten because she hastily ate that fish biscuit.

5) Mr. Friendly, that big guy who captured Walt at the end of season 1, mentioned to Sawyer after Sawyer managed to get the fish biscuit and water, that "even the bears" figured out how to do it in two hours. By bears he must be referring to the polar bears, which raises the question: why would you keep polar bears out in the jungle environment? I think some kind of genetic experimenation was going on at that station. And given the obvious research Dharma is/was conducting on the planetary ecosystem... well, it's hard to say really, but modifying polar bears to be able to survive in the jungle, maybe Dharma was trying to adapt things to global warming. Alright, now commence conservative argument against liberal hollywood's environmental message! :p

6) I think Juliet will end up being sympathetic to Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and the others (not The Others) based on her actions and the obvious discontent displayed in the first scenes. The way that episode ended seems designed to cast doubts about her motives and character, but I think it's one of those red herring kind of things. She's playing Henry/Ben.

7) I don't know about you, but if I saw jetliner breaking up in mid-air, I would automatically assume the worst. Henry/Ben dispatches two of his own to pretend their survivors. Obviously he thinks precisely otherwise about the survivability of such a situation. What do you think that says?

8) Interesting that these others seemingly have "life documents" on everyone. Where do they get the info? Crazy theory: given the flashback device employed in every episode, is it possible that The Others have some kind of contraption that "spies" on peoples thoughts? We're dealing with electromagnetic phenomenon already, so why not get a little futuristic and sci-fi and deal with brain waves or something like that. :p Then again, the info could come from the outside, and they have connections all over the world to get it.

Maybe more later. Feel free to comment.

Question of the Day:

What was your first car?

Mine was a silver 1985 Mazda RX-7. Very sexy looking, but ran like shit. It's sitting in the driveway now waiting for us to get enough money to put a new engine in her.

1984 Audi. It had over 240k miles when the odometer stopped working, which was before I owned it. It was an off-white, yellowish color that my friend dubbed Urine Heaven or Urine Paradise. But it ran well and had cool things like power windows and power locks.

Question of the Day:

Do you have Columbus Day off?

I do - but bear in mind I only work 2 days a week anyway.

I have work off today........wait....i've been off for a year and a half.........stupid disabled foot...........but anyhoo, i'm not technically off.......With the newborn at 12 days old today, it is quite the adventure.....so, i guess that can be considered working........heh