PS3 or XBOX 360? --Merged

Well having the PS3 disks registering to just your system means people cant copy games and thats about its all good for. I personally already am a big sony PS fan and enjoy their games as well as any consol. I belive all three systems are going to be good because the XBox has Halo3 and already almost a year lead over the other game systems. The nintendo revolution has the ability to play all the back games; Im deffintaly getting me one of them just to play the old school punch out and zelda. Yes i know they have emulated versions of them online but a lot of the times i dont want to sit at my computer with just me to play it sometimes i would like to go up against people in the old school games. And the PS3 is still going to be the top consol with backwards compatibility is just great. Yea it has its faults, all three are going to have that. Take nintendo I mean you gotta pay to play the old games, the XBox you gotta buy the hard drive to play the old xbox games that sucks in my opnion, the PS3 expensive as hell but probably worth it in everyway think they now have a year to boost everything up over the xbox, but if xbox plays their cards right and drops the price right as the ps3 is released down to say 200 bucks with a hard drive then i would much rather spend my money on the xbox then the PS3 untill then I'm saving my money up for a PS3.

Unfortunately they'd probably lose more money undercutting the MSRP than they would lose by competing with Sony. But yeah, good points other than that.

man, here's the dealio--

Microsoft built a machine for now. Their online service kicks the crap outta Sony's right now and probably when the PS3 comes along.

The PS3 is a whole lotta bells and whistles. It's like comparing a Nissan Xterra vs. a Range Rover. Half the stuff on the PS3 are things half the planet won't use. How many halves are we at now?

Any who, developers are having a helluva time making stuff for the Cell P. By the time the PS3 really comes into its own, a year will have gone by, and billy boy will finally have some of the Japanese market. PS3 shot way over the time line. I wanna play it, but Jeebus, unless I'm a rap star, where the hell am I gunna get cash to put down on a 50inch LCD screen, T-1 line, etc.?

Nintendo...who knows what's going on there? :jester:

Ace said:
The PS3 is a whole lotta bells and whistles. It's like comparing a Nissan Xterra vs. a Range Rover. Half the stuff on the PS3 are things half the planet won't use. How many halves are we at now?

I'm not sure why this is a critcism of the PS3. The Ps3 and 360 are both being marketed as the "center of home digital entertainment". Haven't you heard about how the 360 is supposed to replace all of your living room electronics and be the hub for all of your music, movies, games, online needs, groceries, and sex toys? Both of these systems have the bells and whistles.

And saying that you need a 50" HD TV and T1 line for the PS3... that could be said of the 360 as well. I mean, if I don't have broadband and a TV that can take advantage of the hi-res graphics of the 360, aren't I similarly paying for stuff I don't need? Bells and whistles?

I'm not saying that one system is better than the other, but your comments can be applied to both equally. And I agree, I don't have a Microsoft Media Center PC to handle my Tv, movies, music, games, etc., and I don't want a Microsoft Media Center XBox 360 or a Sony Center of the Universe PS3 to do that stuff either. I just want to play games damnit!

me too...I've got a track ready...I'll own all three soon enough. Ace the rapmaster!

I suppose from a design stand point, I don't need to open my garage door with my PS3/360. I own an Xterra!

If you're going to base this off of the graphics then you have to pick the PS3. The PS3 and the Xbox 360 have the same graphics card, but the main difference is well the PS3 has 2 of them. If you want to base it off of game play then you have to decide which works for you. Xbox has better sports games but PS has always been right on with RPG's and action/adventure. If the cost difference isn't a big deal to you I'd say take the PS3 the rpg's and action/adventure games will give you more enjoyment over a longer period of time rather than the sports games. Plus the new systems sports games are supposed to be very competitive, but who knows.

The PS4's graphical power is rooted in its Blue Ray and that Cell processor thing that I can't remember the name of. The Xbox 360's processing is how it has 3 processors, which I think is what you were getting at....