PS3 or XBOX 360? --Merged

PS3 OR Xbox 360

i think the ps3 is going to be better than the xbox 360 even though the ps3 might not have as good graphics :club:

Since the PS3 isn't out yet, so the 360.

In all seriousness, each has something good to offer better than the other. The 360 has a pretty good library of games, with more diversity than was offered on the original Xbox, and the lower price of $400. The PS3 will have an EXCELLENT library of games (cmon, they already have FF13, DMC4 and MGS4, what else do you need?), but the higher price tag of $500, and you'll probably end up needing to buy a HDD for another $100. In conclusion....

Nintendo Revolution.

http://www.npd.com/dynamic/releases/press_051130.html

When it comes to next-generation home video game console systems, Sony’s PlayStation 3 has the highest awareness, familiarity and purchase intent among total respondents, gamers and non-gamers, followed by Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Revolution, according to NPD’s most recent report, “Next Generation Console Study.” The study is based on consumer awareness of and purchase dynamics related to the next generation of console systems.

I'm pretty super un-hyped about the games registering themselves to your particular PS3. I dislike this whole concept.

Well, it's just going to be a marketing scheme to determine the number of games sold more effectively. It's pretty much the same thing as those cards in grocery stores.

Good point Ajakun. That seriously disturbed me when I heard about it. What has this world come to? I don't really see the point in it. It would crush the game rental business and would ruin the opportunity to borrow a game from a friend. Why?

Uhh......Spuds.......Xbox 360........dude,i said it once and i'll say it again......PS3-Blueray....INSTABILITY!!!....it's not ready and neither are you to accept the fact that there's no way PS3 beats the 360 in graphics.........

there's always a possibility that the PS3 could look better. Will it? I doubt it. Sony has been too quiet, but it is unusual that they haven't tried to draw attention away from the 360. It's smart business to deflate the competitors rampaging popularity. If they did have more to offer it would be the perfect time to tell people about it. A special demo, appearances on MTV, commercials during ball games. (And I'm coming from an advertising background).

It is possible that they are simply biding their time before slamming the market with advertising, but it makes no sense to stick with that strategy since the 360 is definitely succeeding. If they don't have anything to offer (and false promises would kill their chances of success), then it's smart to keep quiet and simply say "just wait, we're bringing the real deal"

The PS3 still has more interest than the 360, even though it's not out yet. There's not much reason for Sony to try to take business away from the 360 right now because they don't really have any competing hardware. Once we get closer to the Ps3's release date we can expect a barrage of publicity, but it's just a little early now.

I'LL BE THE JUDGE OF THAT!

Personally, I'm stoked for the XBOX 360. As gamers, I'm surprised that there were "neither" responses. WTF? I'm exited for the new generation of game, and the next gen, and the next gen, and the next...

If the 360 sux, I'll sell it and grab the PS3. If THAT sux, I'll get the needtindoo.

I LIKE IT...IT PLEASES ME...

Good point Ace. If it sucks, there's always ebay. I was told the other day that to reasonably be able to just walk in and buy a 360 from the shelf, you'll probably have to wait until Feb. Plenty of time to decide whether it sucks or not.