Older systems?

If I would stop moving around I would hold onto my stuff, unfortunately since I keep moving every couple years, it's hard to hold onto anything. I've bought and sold so many consoles and games over the years and ended up rebuying and reselling. It's a vicious cycle that never ends. Someday I hope that I'm in a more stable situation where I can actually hold onto stuff.

When I buy newer systems, I just hang onto the older ones. Not many of my friends or family are as interested in gaming as I am, so they wouldn't care for it. I'd rather not sell them to Gamestop because they don't offer much money for it, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling it on Craigslist or Ebay. So now, I just have a PS4 that I play while the PS3 sits behind it, catching dust. Next to it is the Wii that I've long abandoned. I don't play either of them anymore, but I'm too lazy to try to get rid of these systems.

I still have each and every one of my systems since my ORIGINAL Sega Genesis I had to re buy a Super Nintendo because some one stole it back n the day when I was young. But I never felt right selling or trading in an old system because I might want to go back and play with an old game from a previous gen.

I always hang on to my old systems as well as my games. I'm a collector and if I know something from experience is that after awhile I will gain the urge to play a certain console or game again. Due to my carefulness with my systems and games, they are all in perfect condition and I know if I sell them they'll be mistreated. Also who knows, maybe one day that old system I have will be worth something!

I usually keep and still play my old consoles long after I have gotten my new ones there is just this bond that I still tend to have with my older consoles and to me that is what makes it so hard for me to be able to give up my older consoles so I tend to hang on to them for a pretty long time.

I hang on to all my games and consoles, no reason to sell them and make nothing back, and I plan to just make a collection out of all the games I have in the future. Plus it's never a bad time to play some N64 or PS2 classics.

We keep the older ones and give them to the younger kids in the family to play with until they dye. That way if the kids are rough on the equipment, we aren't replacing the new expensive machine.

We keep the older ones and give them to the younger kids in the family to play with until they dye. That way if the kids are rough on the equipment, we aren't replacing the new expensive machine.
That is a really great way of extending the life of both last gen and new gen consoles. The older systems still get use and it saves the newer gen consoles from being damaged. I am sure most younger kids don't care about graphics on older systems anyway.

We now have the PS4 so the great thing is that our kids can play the PS3. When we get new systems we pass the old down to our kids. They are soo lucky. When I was a kid, I had to wait, wait, and wait.

I hang onto my older systems all the time. Heck, I still have my Atari and NES systems. And now, there is even more of a reason to hang onto your old games now more than ever. Now we have "gamer profiles" that follow us when/ if we decide to upgrade our systems. Not to mention the fact that they share a network, digital purchases, etc.

So now, keeping your past systems has greater meaning than it ever has in the past.

I always hang on to the older consoles. I'll confess, I enjoy collecting things... relevant and irrelevant. Bad habits die hard.

But in the case of games consoles, I'll always save them. I still have my very first GameBoy. It's not in working condition, but the nostalgia it holds is just too precious! It really wouldn't take much to get it back to working quality, but there are other things on my plate right now.

And then there are my four different PlayStation consoles. Each holding dear memories of my gaming life.

Putting it basically, I save them for the memories, even though those are lodged in my brain anyway.

I always hang onto mine. I can not bring myself to part with an old system. It contains a lot of sentimental meaning to me, and for the same reason as you I also enjoy playing them for the sake of nostalgia. Plus, it is generally fun.

Yes, I still play videogames on my PS2 because I have more games than PS3. Sometimes I also play SNES videogames on PC using a emulator. I enjoyed playing The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, it's a good game but also hard. I could't finish the swamp level because the game is too hard for me.

I hang on to it, no reason not to. I still have my PS2, even though I have both PS3 and a PC that can emulate PS2 games without problem, but it's just not worth it selling it or throwing it away. And since the PS3 will probably never be able to be emulated, I'll definitely hang on to that. :)

Sentimental factors usually keep me from trashing or selling systems, but like others have mentioned it is a big pain to store them places. Occasionally I'll pull out the old PS1 to hit up games like FF7 or Legend of the Dragoon, but

The Sega is my favorite game system and I love it so much because of the way sonic was created I really like the feeling of the old sonic games.