next gen lack of creativity

Man, if you were dumb enough to buy a game about a rapper, you deserved it! That game was almost as bad as those Def Jam games. Now THOSE are abysmally terrible. And yeah, the problem is that there are many, many, many crappy gamers out there. They'll buy games like Black, one of the most contrived, stock FPSs ever.

spudlyff8fan said:
Okami? Viewtiful Joe? Killer 7? Ikaruga?

I agree with these games but I have them, and Killer 7 was not that good but a great idea. And I Ikaruga was like all those great airplane shooting games of the past. The color gimmik in the game was the only difference. But I did love that game with a passion.

spudlyff8fan said:
Condemned: Criminal Origins?

FPS that plays different, it was okay but not worth my time. a FPS and I don't get to shoot, they shoud've just made it 3rd person.

spudlyff8fan said:
Guilty Gear XX #Reload?

Fighter

spudlyff8fan said:
Dai Senryaku 7? Phantom Brave? Suikoden? Shin Megami Tensei?

Did not get a chance to play any of these

spudlyff8fan said:
Guitar Hero?

Dance Dance or Donky Konga, Tiko Durm Master, How the hell can you not count them.

Viva Pinata?

spudlyff8fan said:
Xenosaga (though it's somewhat mainstream)? .hack//? Dark Cloud?

Standard RPG to me. Very few differences between them and any other RPG made.

silent_storm said:
More people need to read reviews before they buy a game. And ironically I heard the Def Jam games were pretty good...
You heard wrong. It's just a comically over-hyped, dumbed down mixture of fighting games, wrestling games, beat em ups and crap. It's not as awful as it could be, but any critic who gave it a 4/10 or higher just did so out of fear of getting shot.

And Luda, I think you over-value your time if you think that Condemned isn't worth it. And for somebody who wanted a list of unique games, you sure do seem to be complaining that it isn't DOOM.

Guilty Gear is the single greatest game for the Xbox. Period.

Guitar Hero is greatly different from most other rhythm-based games.

And those RPGs are the most unique you'll find in terms of battle system, story and presentation.

Luda you didn't even play the first xenosaga. And what other spaceshooter game lets you adsorb light or dark shots making a whole new dimenison of game play. And if you stop playing FF XII and try Shadow of Colossus you would have a lack of creativity LUDA. Not that FF XII is'it a great game, but it falls in your group of standed RPG. For the record never got the 50 cent game my brother did. Even when I told him it was crap.

Thunder you got some balls. Because that is my Shadow that you have been playing. I bought that and only let you hold it because I knew that I would not have the time to play the game. So when I have the time I want my game back, I can't beleive you.

And Spud I'm not gonna take anything away from Condemed I'm just not gonna play the game or waste my time plying it. Only because I don't want to. I'm not gonna check it out rent it or boroow it ever. GG I have played a dozen time over and over again. I like GG but it was the same game it is and always will be a FIGHTER. It's like SF no matter how you dress it up it's still Street Fighter.

Even though Guitar Hero may not be like other rythem games it's still a rythem game. It's only different because it's a different instrument. So it can't play the same as Tiko. I want the game badly I just don't have the funds to go out and get it. Right now the Wii is my main and only conceren. The PS2 is now on it's last leg in my house and once Shadow, FFXII, Okami, and GoW2 are beaten I'm gonna pack it up. My Cube is gone, and the 360 will go into sleep once I beat Gears, COD3, and Tony Hawk.

But I will say this, even though there are many unique games out there, and I know a few, I enjoy some standard games that come out. But again I play and or enjoy almost every game thats out.

Yeah...I just sincerely doubt that you've played any of those games...

And saying that GG is like Street Fighter just confirms it.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Thunder you got some balls. Because that is my Shadow that you have been playing.

Yeah, because you drop for The FF XII. You talked about wanting more creativity, but when FF XII came you just forgot all about shadow of colssus. FF XII is prime example of a game that hasn't changed in years. NOT SAYING IT'S A BAD GAME. I love it,but the fight system has been the same for years just because you can move around a little more doesn't make it new. Have you seen any game that plays like Shadow of Colossus.......oh that right you didn't even play it.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Thunder you got some balls. Because that is my Shadow that you have been playing. I bought that and only let you hold it because I knew that I would not have the time to play the game. So when I have the time I want my game back, I can't beleive you.

So you two know each other?

Yea we know each other, family.

And E You know why I dropped it off because you kept on bitchin about how you aint got nothing to play. I figured that I'd give you something to play until you got your FFXII. YOu know my addictions and you know where that lies. How many times did you complain about not buying the game because it was not under the $20 makr. What did you say? I"Iheard the game was hot but i'm not gonna pay that much for it". And as soon as it dropped either you or I would pick it up. SO don't come at my neck about the game.

And Spud Both Viewtiful Joes' I own, Okami is on my pick up list, Ikuruga is on the collection. Guitar Hero is something I have just not gotten around to get. As for your GG, it's a fighting game right so just like every other 2D fighting game it's core is the same. I have GGX2 for the PS2 and was highly pissed that the Xbox version was just a damn port. So don't even say that the game was all mighty on the Xbox because it was a port from the PS2 version. So hail and praise to a game that was already on another system before. Kinda like MVC2 from DC to PS2 & Xbox. SO DO NOT QUESTION ME ON THE GAMES THAT I PLAY AND DO NOT PLAY!

No mateer waht the hell you say, games are getting weaker and weaker in the creative department. Gears of War is a wonderful game but like I said the duck and cover was done before. Rythem games are what they are no matter how they come out they are all the same. Gmaes like Shadow and Viewtiful Joe are wonderful but rare and some how they will get screwed up (Red Hot Rumble)

Creative games means chances and nobody wants to take that chance anymore. Play it safe and thats what compines do, and sometimes we suffer and sometimes we don't.. If you want a different game so bad then go make one. I don't like the facet that games are somewhat in a dry moment, but there is nothing I can do.

game companies are working in unforgiving terrortories when it comes to HD/blueray format, screwing up means it can cost them, so publishers stick to the same games we always see.