Mygamer Chat Room

KingKRool

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Orlando
kingkrool.thenoodleman.com
Looks like my previous chat topic was deleted for the new forums...

I made a mygamer chat room so if you want to join, please read carefully. The chat uses IRC as a chat client. If you you cable/DSL, please idle (stay in the chat, even if you won't talk) the chat to make our population look bigger.

Rules:
Breaking one of the following rules can get you kicked or banned from using the room.

1. Please, do not spam the room. Spamming is saying/linking something over and over again.
2. Cursing is okay, but please, don’t overuse certain words repeatedly.
3. Racial slurs will NOT be tolerated.
4. No bots, please.
5. DO NOT harass ops to get you unbanned or to do something crazy like get you on the mygamer staff.
6. No flaming. I don’t want anyone making fun of anyone else.
7. Finally, no asking for ops or voices.

How to enter the room:

1. Find an IRC client. I prefer you use mIRC. Download it here.
2. Install mIRC.
3. Open the client and choose a nickname to chat with. Fill out all the information it first tells you to.
4. Go to “Servers” under the “Connect” dropdown menu.
5. Choose “Gamesurge” as a network. Ignore the “IRC Server” for now.
6. Click “Connect to Server or the lightning bolt on the top left hand corner of the screen.
7. When the chat box opens and asks you want you want to join, type #mygamer
8. Follow the rules and chat :).

Basic IRC Commands:

To change your nickname you use, type /nick and then the nickname you want.

To look up user info, right click a user’s name and click info.

To slap someone with a troat, right click someone’s name and click slap.

To look up information on the chat, type !info

To see a list of users of the chat, type !users

demigoddess said:
what ever i have never got the chat room thing to work so :scratchch

Whats wrong? Why couldn't you get it to work?

Plus, for all of you non dail-up users out there, idle out chat. Please :(. Idle - Come into the chat room and leave it open. Stay in the chat at least 4 hours a day ;).

ok so I got around to reading the first post and WOW that's a lot to go thru to chat or is it just me.
that could take me a like a freakin week and and and now I'm all stressed and I don't know why for :sigh:

I don't like chat rooms sorry I'm not fast at typing and I just can't keep up I don't even IM that much but maybe I will try to stop in sometime :hyper:

We will be using our new Chat software for official chat from now on. No need to install anything or use IRC.. All chatting will be done on our own server.

Please check out our new chat listed in the above nav bar:)