Most Badass Characters

The main characters from Streets of Rage 1 & 2. I can't remember anyone's name except for Axel. I used to love playing that game. Now that should be an Xbox Live Arcade game.

edit: I found their names on Wikipedia:
Axel Stone
Adam Hunter
Blaze Fielding
Max Hatchett/Thunder
Eddie (Sammy) "Skate" Hunter

All badasses.

asylum_boy said:
Ok, i know this will get ugly, but.......I'm gonna go with the guy from King of Fighters with the kendo stick(can't remember his name, right now).....One of his specials is when he spins it around really fast and it sets the kendo stick on fire:fire::karate::fire:....Dude, i'll tell you i haven't played it in an Arcade for a long time.......I slaughtered my opponent, until i got trapped in the corner...I hit that special and i told myself "Damn, i forgot about that one".....

chara_billy01.jpg

Billy Kane.

And you should pick up KOF Neowave that's coming out soon.

Much as I hate to say it, Ivy from Soul Calibur fits the bad ass description. She does give us dominatrixes a bad name though. Taki, Siegfried, Mitsirugi, and Setuska also qualify. Maybe Raphael, but he's just a little too effeminate.

I'll agree with the Mitsirugi one. Taki and Siegfried? Nah. Voldo was a freak, though. Can't really call him tough. Just a freak. Well, a scary freak with insane moves.

I'd have to disagree on the Ivy, Taki and Setsuka. Siegfreid is quite badass, though. As is Mitsurugi. I would also nominate Raphael if it wasn't for his alternate outfit in SC3.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Genjuro from the Samurai Shodown series.

Geese Howard of SNK fame is also quite the villain.

Golgo 13 is real badass, although he's a bit of a hybrid (being based on a Manga and all). Respect should be given to the old school pioneers of the professional hitman/espionage figure.

Heat from Digital Devil Saga: a man who would devour anybody simply based on principle.

As for women, Viola of Zone of Enders is just plain badass; bent on vengeance and destruction.

And while he has already been mentioned, Albert Wesker is rather God-like. One has to consider that he is already trained in tactical ops from his time with S.T.A.R.S., he is a brilliant scientist and flat-out genius as evidenced by the Wesker Reports, and he has a super form of the T-Virus inside of him. As such, his psychological, intellectual, and physical superiority over just about anyone is unprecedented.

So there you have it, add these to your list for consideration, whether you deem them worthy or not.

Genjuro Kibagami
Geese Howard
Golgo 13
Heat
Viola

Geese, I wouldn't go with him simply because he loses to EVERYONE. In the SNK stories, he's been slapped around by Ryo Sakazaki, Takuma Sakazaki, Terry Bogard, Rock Howard, Robert Garcia AND Mr. Big. He's got a badass moveset, and he manages to live through falling off his own building after each Fatal Fury, but still, we like winners!

Got to nominat Kratos. You know your badass when you have to balls to challenge the god of war.