Most Badass Characters

Skeith

Registered
Oct 27, 2005
Brooklyn NY
www.keithcsmith.com
For next month, I'm planning on doing a Top 25 list of most badass video game characters of all time. So I am looking for everyone to make their picks of baddest-assed game characters.

If you're not sure what a badass is, here are three criteria you can use as a guide:
1) Toughness - They can take what is dished out.
2) Ability - They can back up tough words.
3) Style - Do people see him/her and say "I don't wanna mess with that guy." However, if 1 and 2 are great enough this can be overlooked.

Some nominees include:

Albido (Xenosaga)
Alucard (Castlevania)
Arthas (Warcraft III)
Auron (FFX)
Balmung (.hack)
Bowser (Super Mario)
Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Gannondorf (Legend of Zelda)
Ghaleon (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
Kain (Legacy of Kain)
King of the Cosmos (Katamari Damacy)
Kratos (God of War)
Leeroy Jenkins (World of Warcraft)
Luca Blight (Suikoden 2)
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Master Chief (Halo)
Max Payne (Max Payne)
Miles Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney)
Prince of Persia (Prince of Persia)
Raziel (Soul Reaver)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Ryu Hyabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Sephiroth (FFVII)
Shadow (FF VI)
Sipher (FFVIII)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Vega (Street Fighter)
Vincent Valentine (FFVII)
Zero (Mega Man Zero)

This list is only meant to get the ball rolling. If you want to vote for any number of them, please do so. You can also add your own nominations. Be creative, tell me why you think they are badass. Maybe I'll use it in the article.

Finally, have fun with it!

hmm some people i'd nominate

Naked Snake(mgs3)
young Revolver Ocelot(mgs3)
Tyreal from Diablo series.
Sol Badguy (guilty gear)
Hunk (Resident Evil)
Ryu Hazuki (Shenmue)
Virgil(devil may cry 3)
Terry Bogard (SNK)
Guy (final fight)
Vulcan Raven (MGS)
Fortune (MGS2)
Rick Hunter (Robotech Battle Cry)
The black captian in Halo that always lived
Venom (in any spiderman game)
Carnage (Maxium Carnage)
Knuckles (sonic 3)
The colussuses (shadow of the colussus)
Fatalis (monster hunter)
Lao (Monster hunter)
Marrow (mvc 2)
Magneto( Xmen Side scroller)
Yojimbo (Final Fantasy X)
Iori(SNK)
Grave (Gun Grave)

that's all i can think of for now. :starfire:

I nominateeeeeeeeeeeee

DANTE
MAGUS
AND THE ONE AND ONLY SEPHIROTH

-Dante son of Sparta, part demon, nasty with the guns n swords thats whats up. Plus he's kinda sexy.
-Magus has minions. Come on. If you have minions your're badass.
-And of course the cold and callous sephiroth who wields the MASAMUNE which seems to be a lengenary weapon in SEVERAL games. He's truly basass he don't give a sheeeet be be slicin heads in no timeeee.

:eek:)

I would have to agree with Master Chief, Solid Snake, and Arthas. I like the characters that just lay it down with a no-nonsense "you die now" attitude. The ones that if you are going to fight them, they will go all out. They don't just pick stupid fights. The kind that even if you beat them, you WILL know who you were fighting.

That being said, I would also like to add: Goro (Mortal Kombat) come on, 8' tall and has 4 arms.

Then there's Auron from FFVII (I think it's 7) that just kinda chilled until it was time for someone to die.

Also there's Gado from the Bloody Roar series. He even had a cool finisher where he knocked you sky-high and when you came back down to earth, he didn't even look at you, he just brought his fist up like he was swatting a fly, then you went into the wall behind him.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that should do for now.

I'll get straight to the point cuz i already had this discussion with Skeith.

Luca Blight - Anyone who goes into a town , burns it down, makes a woman beg for her life by getting on her hands and knees squealing like a pig and Kills her anyways is a badass to me. Not to mention it takes you 3 full groups of characters to Beat him plus a barrage of arrows.

Sephiroth- Do i really need to explain that?? His Music is enough to make him badass alone.

Ghaleon- He is probably the most underrated on this list, i was the one who originally said him. The reason for this is because he is not only a great bad guy who used amazing monologues that made your skin crawl, he made the lunar series what it was.

Last but not least Auron. - MR. FFX- If you dont like auron , stop playing video games. There would be no FFX without him, he is the one who brought tidus to the world of FFX, he was there with braska, and he was the one who lived on ever after death to stop sin. You dont get more badass then that, oh wait you can, he drank on the Job. Godbless the sake =p haha.

Honorable mentions to Vin valentine, magus , kratos, and Riku (anyone who can get mickey mouse to join the darkside is a bad ass mutha)

Can't forget some guys like Strider Hiryu from Strider,Solid Snake from MGS, Jerome Bettis from Madden, Subzero from MK, Luigi from Mario, the big MC (Master Chief), Akuma from Street Fighter, Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear, Siegfried and Mitsurugi from SC3. Knuckles from Sonic. Ryu Hayabusa and Bayman from Dead or Alive.

Gordon Freeman. He'd just catch any of these dudes in his Grav Gun ray and toss 'em off a cliff. Then he gets the girl, all while drawing down his PhD Salary. Chicks love a guy with balls AND brains. Mmmm, yeah, baby.

I concur with the Samus Aran vote. While I have not played any games with Zero from the Mega Man series, I always thought Proto Man (Break Man) from 3 was very cool. He had a cool musical theme. I would suggest having a Belmont from the Castlevania series. That is a solid franchise.

Who're all these people who just showed up out of nowhere? Yeah, and I'll never forget Gordon's famous line "..."

Sorry if I misquoted.

True Badasses

You guys seemed to get all the posers but none of the TRUE BADASSES! So here they are coming at ya. The top 5 TRUE BADASSES!

1. Yoshi from like half a bazillion of the Mario games:
When Mario and him get injured it’s always Yoshi who takes the blow. He’s a great driver in Mario cart and he has a pimp ride. Plus his long tongue makes him popular with the ladies.

2. Pit from Kid Icarus:
He fought the Eggplant Wizard and he ran with the Captain N gang. He’s my personal hero. Captain N was so dreamy.

3. Football Guy from every football game ever:
Sure he’s never been in the Hall of Fame or got a commercial deal but he’s takes all the hits in every football game on the market.

4. Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front :
He’s three times as good as anyone on your list!

5. Jason the kid from Blaster Master:
Some people quest to save a princess, some people to avenge their family, but TRUE BASSES go to save their pet frogs. He also had a pimp ride.

Sorry, but in terms of sheer badassitude, in the Resident Evil series, Leon S. Kennedy can wipe the floor with Chris Redfield any day of the frickin' week. End of discussion. :keanureev

M. Bison (Street Fighter games & anime)
Akuma (Street Fighter games and anime)
The main character in Shadow of the Colossus
Master Chief (Halo)
Carl Johnson (GTA:SA)
Tommy Vercetti (GTA:VC)
Dante (DMC1)
Sol (Guilty Gear)
Snake (MGS)
Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell)
Ryu Hayabusa (Dead or Alive games & Ninja Gaiden games)
Mike Tyson (Super Punch Out!, I think it was SPO)

Shit, Spuds can take out Master Chief

Sabin FF3
Alex Street Fighter III
Dante
Psycho Mantis
Ganandorf from the Zelda Series
That bigass guy from RE4 that halfway through the game turns into that huge millipede type thing
Samus Aran
Vincent FF7
Ryu from Ninja Gaiden

mage127 said:
5. Jason the kid from Blaster Master:
Some people quest to save a princess, some people to avenge their family, but TRUE BASSES go to save their pet frogs. He also had a pimp ride.

Master Blaster was a great game, though I never got past the 4th or 5th stage. Whatever was after the stage where you got the key. I don't think I got past that one. Very fun game though.

How about Alex or Ryan from River City Ransom? They ate whole plates of food in one bite. Including the damn plate. They had lightening fast moves and the gusto to appear naked. And they threw each other around.

My vote: Gunny in MOH: Rising Sun.
Why? That guy absolutely never dies, no matter how much hits the fan. Not only that, and I've tried this, he will kill all the enemies in any stage he's in without help. And he talks smack the entire time.

sol2introani.gif

It needs to be shown.