Is Sony killing itself?

Yeah, Sony pretty much just said that they wanted 3d games, not 2d. 2d could only come out in combo packs after 2001.

they shouldn't have limited themselves. Offer incentives for 3D, but that was kind of arrogant. The next thing you know they'll stop making any other tv's other than HDTV's.

inevitable, yes. As was true of the black-and-white tv's. However, sometimes a manufacturor will just cut off the old and force the new on the market.

Example: Quicken 2005 stopped supporting the qfx connection (which was how people would connect to their bank and setup payments, check histories, etc. online). There was no reason for it, just that they had a new format they wanted people to switch to and charge banks $50,000 for setup and $50,000 for rights to use it for the cheapest version of the new stuff. What was wrong with the old way? Nothing. The new format doesn't do anything super special, except make Intuit a wad of cash.

The FCC and the Congress have specified when the changeover to digital will occur already:

Analog TV broadcast switch-off: In December 2005, the Senate passed a budget bill that calls for over-the-air television stations to cease their analog broadcasts by February 17, 2009. After that date, TVs and other gear with old-style NTSC tuners would be unable to receive over-the-air broadcasts. Part of the government's quandary is that the switch-off would cause thousands of TVs to go dark and would deprive many lower-income viewers of their only source of television. To address this issue, lawmakers propose to subsidize converter boxes that would allow people to watch the new digital broadcasts on their old analog TVs. Further details on the transition to digital and the converter box subsidy are still being worked out, and given the slow progress over the last 9 years since the introduction of digital and HDTV, we wouldn't be surprised to hear of more changes before 2009.

Just an FYI, but due to government mandates, analog television is slated to be killed in less than three years.

Please forgive my outrage I just needed to vent some anger. But I do feel that is some BS there.

But back to the Sony killing itself. HOW DARE THEY RELEASE THE SYTEM WITH NO MADDEN 07 What is EA and Sony thinking. I mean the Wii and the 360 will have 07. There is still not Basketball set for release with the PS3.

Last edited: