If all electronic games were unusuable tomorrow, what games will you play?

Card or board games, or when it involves drinking Never Have I Ever or Truth or Dare. I have really fond memories of the last two. For card games, I'd probably play Poker or Black Jack, board games, more than likely Monopoly or Settlers of Catan. Haven't played either in a while :(

This is a great idea for a thread I must say. I'd probably play Chess as it's a pretty simple game but it requires intellect and strategic thinking. I quite like Monopoly, though I always end up getting really competitive whenever I play it. I've always wanted to learn how to play Magic: the gathering but it just seems so complex and time-consuming, Maybe one day I'll give it a go. Chess and Monopoly are good enough for me right now though.

My friends are all card and board game NUTS, so there are plenty games to play! I know this is probably cliche, but Cards Against Humanity is a fun card game. With the right people that is! People have also done a thing where you use CAH white cards with Apples to Apples green cards and the result is HILARIOUS. My friends recently have been super into a card game called "Egyptian Rat Screw". It's a slapping card game like Spoons or SLAP. We've had to instate a rule of "no rings, bracelets, watches or anything else on your hands when playing" rule! We once had a guy break his thumb whilst playing! We had to tone the gameplay down after that incident, haha.

I'd probably play any board-game that anyone procured and set out in front of me. Then, I would find a generator, some gasoline, and run a generator so I could play the games nobody else could, while saying "Man, this generator is boss! I don't even have to play RISK or MONOPOLY like everyone else in the world!" *inserting a diabolical laugh here*

Truly, though, I'd play Dungeons and Dragons Pen and Paper version. All day pizza fests with mountain dew, plotting a new plan and rolling dice to slaughter some orcs in their genital regions with critical hits for fun. Or perhaps dead-knocking an arrow and taking a policeman out from down the street with a bow. D&D is limitless fun. Why play pre-ordained games that everything knows the rules too and nobody truly wants to play. D&D takes up so much time, and you can carry people between campaigns if the Dungeon Master is nice enough, so I don't see any reason to play board-games that have a Finite ending and starting point.

I'd love to get into some board games, and perhaps because all electronics would be bust it would be easier to find people to play with. There's a ton of cool games I've never gotten the chance to play.

I'd also like to find a DnD group. I got the chance to play on online game once, it only lasted a couple of weeks but it kind of hooked me. I haven't played since but it crosses my mind every now and then.

Also, I would probably be hooked on the typical pool house fare, pool and cards are fun with the right crowd.

I'd also tweak my garden (since it's winter here) plans for the spring (which I'm going to do anyways) and not let anything interfere with my gardens outside. I like to grow stuff to munch on.

I would totally yank out that Monopoly game and start showing my daughter how the west was won.... or developed at least. She's been wanting to play, but I'm afraid out crazy dog will eat the hotels.

Reactions: Shimus
I know quite a few card games that I could always fall back to if I needed to. We don't have any board games. I love chess but don't have anyone to play with. I suppose if there were no online opponents to play I would probably join a local chess club.

I would totally yank out that Monopoly game and start showing my daughter how the west was won.... or developed at least. She's been wanting to play, but I'm afraid out crazy dog will eat the hotels.

Just play it up on a table, if you can. Any elevated spot. I loved when my folks taught me Monopoly; it's sure to be fun for the kids.

As far as board games go, I would be bringing out Settlers of Catan. It is really an incredible strategy game that is sure to stand the test of time. I also concur with you in that I too would bring out RISK to play with friends. If I need to go single player, however, I would try something like rush hour or sudoku I guess.

Good question! In all honesty I'd suffer withdrawal symptoms in 30 minutes!

If it happened though, Chess, Monopoly and Cards Against Humanity are my go to three! Chess is a great tactical game, it keeps you thinking and teaches you to plan your moves.

C.A.H is there for the humor aspect. Laughing about what you aren't allowed to makes it that much funnier! Like chuckling in church.

Monopoly has my vote here as well, it brings people together and teaches them good financial skills! Plus I love getting the edge on my family members. This game has caused lasting feuds over the Christmas holidays.

All fun and games until someone looses their inheritance ;)

I don't think I'l be playing games but maybe I'll make a game out of building stuff. Maybe a fortress for my nephew armed with bamboo slings. That should be fun.

I don't think I'l be playing games but maybe I'll make a game out of building stuff. Maybe a fortress for my nephew armed with bamboo slings. That should be fun.

I'd probably be playing games like Arkham Horror, Descent, Anima Tactics/Anima RPG and Settlers of Catan.

Card or board games, or when it involves drinking Never Have I Ever or Truth or Dare. I have really fond memories of the last two. For card games, I'd probably play Poker or Black Jack, board games, more than likely Monopoly or Settlers of Catan. Haven't played either in a while :(
I'd probably just play cards too, I loved gambling with my friends back in the day when we still weren't spoiled by modern video games and distractions. It's also best to do it will drinking, I agree. It makes the activity double fun.

After we've all gotten the fundamentals of our new electricity-free society off and running, I most would definitely be interested in trying to get a like-minded group together to play table-top RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, Shadow Run, Rifts, etc. (One would have hoped that a devastating EMP wouldn't be necessary to first set that stage.)

In terms of actual board games, I would also have a preference for: Hero Quest, Risk, Chess, Checkers, and the like.

In terms of card games, I vote for Cards Against Humanity (always a fun time!), Magic The Gathering, and classic card games like Poker.

I would take out my dusty set of playing cards and chips and start playing poker again. I used to play a lot of poker in college for beer money. It would either end with me walking home cause I got no cash on me or because I was too drunk and was not allowed on public transport. hehehe

I can play chess for hours & hours. Hence the reason no one plays with me anymore. Well, that & I'm a terrible winner :D

I am obsessed with monopoly, it's even one of the first games I downloaded as an app when I first got my ipad . I highly recommend the app too since it's very fun and true to the board game. The only thing I dislike about it is the limit which cuts the game too short as soon as a player hits a certain amount. I wish they would have allowed for it to be adjusted.

I am obsessed with monopoly, it's even one of the first games I downloaded as an app when I first got my ipad . I highly recommend the app too since it's very fun and true to the board game. The only thing I dislike about it is the limit which cuts the game too short as soon as a player hits a certain amount. I wish they would have allowed for it to be adjusted.
It is amazing to think just how popular Monopoly is and how long it has stood the test of time. It appears that more than 275 million copies of the board game have been sold worldwide.