If all electronic games were unusuable tomorrow, what games will you play?

valiantx

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
I would totally play RISK with my siblings or friends. It's easy to play once one is used to the rules of the game, and it caters to invoke one to use more critical thinking skills. I for one, almost won the first time I played it with my friends, whom have had weeks of practice before-hand, but I didn't want to be a prick and thus didn't invade territories I could have easily taken over - I was in command over Europe, most of Asia, and most of Africa with two players [out of six total] left to conquer, and I took control of these areas for most of the game.

Chess would be the other game I would play, however, only if it is the chess set that was made with tiny shot glasses - I shall be reward one way or another, win or lose!

I'd probably play poker and contract bridge with friends. Gambling as a social activity is pretty thrilling, like videogames XD

I'd go back to my original recreational activity before all the gadgets, which is playing pool. I was never that good at it but I did alright, but I'm sure I'm way worse at it now so I'll probably need lots of practice to get back into the groove again but I'm sure I'll be able to eventually.

That would be really hard because I barely play any other games aside from those that are accessed electronically. Probably scrabble? Or any other board game aside from monopoly because I did not get to learn how to play that game. Or maybe I can go back to playing Sudoku.

Damn, now we're going old school. I'd probably be playing Jenga while drinking a beer. Or maybe battleship. I'm tired of monopoly. I can't do that game anymore.

I'm glad you asked because I have recently been doing qquite a bit of research about tabletop games. I really enjoy watching Will Wheaton's show called Tabletop, where he demonstrates how games are played. Its a great way to get a quick idea of what gameplay is like. So far, I like Settlers of Catan, Small World, and Ticket to Ride.

Rampage, a tabletop game based off of an arcade game. It is hilarious and whimsical. I played it at a social and it is chaotic, but it requires minimal knowledge of how to play. The idea is that you're a dinosaur destroying the city and competing with the other players/dinosaur to eat people. "Old people don't matter" is said a lot. The game board, instructions, and cards are all filled with jokes and references, so you find something new every time.

I should probably try out RISK you made it sound pretty competitive, which I enjoy.

On the actual topic, I would devote much more time to Monopoly and Poker, considering how much time a game of each usually takes, that would be a lot of hours well spent. Both are competitive games, there's nothing like owning a lot of hotels or win a lot of hands.

I would totally play RISK with my siblings or friends. It's easy to play once one is used to the rules of the game, and it caters to invoke one to use more critical thinking skills. I for one, almost won the first time I played it with my friends, whom have had weeks of practice before-hand, but I didn't want to be a prick and thus didn't invade territories I could have easily taken over - I was in command over Europe, most of Asia, and most of Africa with two players [out of six total] left to conquer, and I took control of these areas for most of the game.

Chess would be the other game I would play, however, only if it is the chess set that was made with tiny shot glasses - I shall be reward one way or another, win or lose!
I would agree with you on Risk, except for the fact I don't think I've ever actually completed a game. Let's just say with three brothers the tempers used to flair hot, and picking up all those pieces off the floor is a shitty task...

Probably wouldn't play anything. I would most likely just relax and do something productive. If said electonics were disabled forever, I would just read a book. If only games were disabled. Probably go on youtube XD.

Cards Against Humanity? Haha. I love that game from the bottom of my heart. I think that it's actually a really good game to rid of social awkwardness between people quickly, and it's super fun. Another game I would probably play is Monopoly, although that may end in deaths.

I grew up in a well...probably 80% nongamer environment (is that exaggerated or is it just me?). Anyway, most of them are casual, others play Xbox Kinect games and most play on FB. During family gatherings we play card games (sometimes involving money or spare change) and we used to play board games like Scrabble, Snake and Ladders, etc. Bingo is fun too....if someone buys prizes to be given away. If by myself, I'd read a book if I can't play videogames.

It'd definitely take me a while to get used to, that's for sure. I've been playing games for a majority of my life, and I'd go into depression without being able to play any games! Although, if this phenomenon did really happen, I think I would be more productive with my time. I would probably spend time playing board games with friends since their electronic games would be unplayable as well. I still reminisce sometimes about playing the classics: Scrabble, Monopoly, and most important, chess. Basketball has been a favorite, so I may go back to playing that as well.

I would probably play Uno or Monopoly with my friends or family. I've played these games a lot when I was younger and it wouldn't be hard to get used to them again. We would probably run out of games to play if there wouldn't be anything electronicly.

I would play poker, specifically No Limit Golden or Omaha. A few friends and I get together once a week for a home game and I head down to Atlantic City a few times each year to play at the Borgata.

I used to play a variety of board games growing up, especially Monopoly but it hs been a great number of years since I last broke out a board game.

I'd also consider learning chess. Does anyone here play chess? How easy is this to pick up and master?

Probably take the time to learn how to play poker as I've never gotten around to it unfortunately. Risk would last me and my buddies for 6 years to complete 1 game so I think that would be another great choice, and we already often get together to play Settlers of Catan so that would be another option.

If I couldn't play any electronic game, I'd go back to doing what I did before: Play board games.

I remember when I was a kid, I played monopoly and Clue like mad. I always sucked at before of them, but now, I think I would do well in balancing my amount of money to force someone to give it for a cheaper price. As fell Clue, it's a concept I didn't get because I was like 7 and didn't really focus all that well because it was boring to me. Now, I can take joy in process of elimination and just find out who did what and where all by myself.

Well, it's that or writing stories again, which would probably be the better choice. It's a lot more productive and creative. Or perhaps reading more books, I have a lot of options available to me on what to do.

I would probably go back to playing cricket like we used to. We used to have so much fun playing it but now that there is so much technology people hardly go outside anymore and people seem to just spend so much more time on the electronics.

I would be busting out Scrabble, Yahtzee, and Monopoly respectively. I enjoy games that either take a while or require a certain amount of luck to win. Thankfully, Monopoly involves both these quality while the other two games incorporate one or the other quality.

Oh man, so many board games: Monopoly, Risk, Clue... Card games as well, and I will no longer be made fun of being an old person for playing Bridge anymore. Lastly, Mahjong! Some of my Asian friends taught me how to play it, and I've been hooked on it for years!