How do you define the term Gamer

ImagoX said:
No no no Scribe... EMBRACE your heritage!! We are still the Secret Burning Heart and Soul of Alll Gamers, for our art is subtle and sublime, made of nothing but imagination and words. Technology, SCHMECHOLOGY! Pshaw! When Armegeddon comes we'll be playing D&D or Werewolf around the smoking embers of the great cities, character sheets and indestructable plastic dice in-hand. :cookiemon

Okay, but you bring the chips, and I'll hunt up some Mountain Dew, and in the midst of all that turmoil after technology has destroyed all we as humans loved and had hoped to achieve...we'll play Cyberpunk.

Yes, Spud... for all my love of the PC, I DO only see technology as a means to an end, not the end in and of itself. The first rule of good engineering is to rember the people that will use the tech *first*, then design from there- that's how you get good tech. It's not my fault that PCs accomplish that goal better than the box of licensing fees and tech hurdles known as the "console". But hey, that's just IMHO. :cookiemon

Nope, it just accomplishes that goal through an endless barrage of upgrades that end up offering a limited number of games and an exponentially higher cost than consoles.

(shrug)... Performance hath its price, and thank God for it, for what is the 360 but a stripped down, standardized PC with a finite library (one that costs an extra $20 per title in most cases, let's not forget)? We PC guys are OK with you getting the residual benefit of our groundbreaking work, never fear. We are all, in the final analysis, gamers, so we don't mind you riding on our coat-tales. "Rising tides lift all ships" and all that... :cookiemon

You know a friend of mine thinks that with in the next 10 years there will no longer be the need for a PC or consols. But more like they will become one. Both Sony and Microsfot will more than likely have their systems be more PC based. Bad thing is I think he's right.

Anyone who plays any game on a regular basis I would say is a gamer. Doesn't matter if they only play Halo. I'd say if you are what can be considered a "hardcore" gamer as opposed to a casual gamer, that'd probably fit into most people's definition of gamer better.

I define a gamer as one who loves to play games for hours on end not just a person who plays maybe a couple of hours a week. A true gamer loves playing videogames and loves to talk about them.

ImagoX said:
(shrug)... Performance hath its price, and thank God for it, for what is the 360 but a stripped down, standardized PC with a finite library (one that costs an extra $20 per title in most cases, let's not forget)? We PC guys are OK with you getting the residual benefit of our groundbreaking work, never fear. We are all, in the final analysis, gamers, so we don't mind you riding on our coat-tales. "Rising tides lift all ships" and all that... :cookiemon
Residual? Standardized? PC? Finite? Bad job. It'd cost a solid $800 to make a computer as powerful as the 360. Then add in an extra $100 for every 2 years and you'll have spent a great big $1000 over the course of four years for a colossal slew of random Unreal knockoffs and WWII RTSs. Finite library? I can't remember the last big-time PC title DIDN'T come to the Xbox or Xbox 360...except FEAR...wait...Oblivion? Nope. Call of Duty 2...launch title...well, I guess you get MMORPGs...which cost even more money (cept Guild Wars).

And while rising tides lift all ships, it's the PC gamers that get run into the ground by the rising costs.

Casual/Reluctant Gamer - anyone who plays a game and will only admit it when pressured, and only admit to playing certain, quick games. Akin to a Casual Smoker.

Gamer - anyone who plays video games and admits it

Hard Core Gamer - someone who plays video games and is frackin' proud of it

Actual Gamer - Everyone any anyone with a computer or game system or access to one. Face it, if you've played Tetris, computer solitaire or Minesweep, you've played a video game. Deal with it.

BCampbell said:
Barbie Horse Adventure? Hello Kitty Roller Rescue?

Play a lot of MUDs? MUSHes? MOOs?

How about text-based adventures? Colossal Cave? That's bringing memories back...

Yes to Barbie
Yes to Hello Kitty I kinda liked it to
Yes and Yes and Yes

What was Colossal Cave. Refres my memory. More than likely its a Yes if not then I'm one down.

But Due keep in mind i'm only 20. It dose not mean I have not play early work just that I not to good with names

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Yes to Barbie
Yes to Hello Kitty I kinda liked it to
Yes and Yes and Yes

I bet if they made a game with Barbie & Hello Kitty - heck, even throw in Mary Kate & Ashley - your head would likely pop off with excitement, eh?

Anyone know where to get a Hello Kitty face plate for the Xbox360?

Last edited:
PJeigh said:
I bet if they made a game with Barbie & Hello Kitty - heck, even throw in Mary Kate & Ashley - your head would likely pop off with excitement, eh?

Anyone know where to get a Hello Kitty face plate for the Xbox360?

Go to ebay they got faceplates for everything. And you can buy a blank faceplate and get it airburshed.

And no i would not explode with excitement. I stop working for Gamestop a bout a year ago. And my cousion who was a Manager at both EB and Gamestop Quit a while ago. I still hang out with friends who work there but Not as much so I been slugish on my games and plus I can ask them to put in any game I really want to play.

gam·er (gmr)
n.
One who plays a game, especially a role-playing or computer game.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Go to ebay they got faceplates for everything. And you can buy a blank faceplate and get it airburshed.

'm still waiting for an official, licensed Hello Kitty faceplate.

Then I will buy and Xbox360 just so I can put that on it, b/c I am H4RD C0R3!

PJeigh said:
'm still waiting for an official, licensed Hello Kitty faceplate.

Then I will buy and Xbox360 just so I can put that on it, b/c I am H4RD C0R3!

SO you are waiting for Microsoft to make one. Good Luck with that. And if your getting a hello Kitty faceplate you are not Hard Core. I would get a Devil MAy Cry or Zelda faceplate MAde.

YES I WILL PUT SOME NON-XBOX GAME ON MY 360

Thats HARD CORE