How did play the original Game boy so much as a kid?

I remember my mother buying me a game boy when I was a wee little lad. She got me a game with fighting monsters or something. I didn't not enjoy it and I think it was the only game boy game I ever received.

I played on an original Gameboy... not the color, but the big bulky gray one. I showed my son a picture of one last night and he started asking questions like with huge round eyes like "What is that? What games does it play?..." We had to have a history lesson and when I showed him the games it played and what the looked like during game play, he shook his head and ran off in disbelief. Silly child.

I still have a couple of my old classic game boys, and I used to have a game boy advance, a game boy sp, and then I finally got the DS when that came out. I used to play it all of the time! Especially when I got the DS. I used to bring it on the bus with me and there was a bit group of us kids who would play it on each bus ride to and from school every day, and sometimes even at recess!

Yeah it would be a struggle to go back to the color palette of the original Gameboy... I had no problem playing Gameboy color games though, and I feel a lot of them still hold up till today. I think the jump to color was one of the most important changes for the Gameboy.

As a kid, I used to love playing games on my Gameboy Color, but now I can't even go back to it, because the screen is so weak compared to modern handheld consoles, and emulating it is even worse. At best, I can go back to as far as a Gameboy Advance, but not further.

I was addicted to playing GBA back then. That was until I misplaced/lost its charger :(((. Although it still had battery charge until a few years ago :). Didn't feel any difference except for the butterflies in my stomach *w*.

But I guess, if I'm going to play my GBA right now, I might get the feeling that "Was the screen really this small then?" Ahh, it feels weird to grow old >A<