How did play the original Game boy so much as a kid?

weepforsweep

Registered
Jan 1, 2015
I remember my mother buying me a game boy when I was a wee little lad. She got me a game with fighting monsters or something. I didn't not enjoy it and I think it was the only game boy game I ever received.

pandabear1991

Registered
Feb 17, 2015
North MS, U.S
I played on an original Gameboy... not the color, but the big bulky gray one. I showed my son a picture of one last night and he started asking questions like with huge round eyes like "What is that? What games does it play?..." We had to have a history lesson and when I showed him the games it played and what the looked like during game play, he shook his head and ran off in disbelief. Silly child.

hellonamesdana

Registered
Dec 19, 2014
I still have a couple of my old classic game boys, and I used to have a game boy advance, a game boy sp, and then I finally got the DS when that came out. I used to play it all of the time! Especially when I got the DS. I used to bring it on the bus with me and there was a bit group of us kids who would play it on each bus ride to and from school every day, and sometimes even at recess!

Boxcube

Registered
Jan 18, 2015
Yeah it would be a struggle to go back to the color palette of the original Gameboy... I had no problem playing Gameboy color games though, and I feel a lot of them still hold up till today. I think the jump to color was one of the most important changes for the Gameboy.

GlacialDoom

Registered
Nov 22, 2014
Oradea, Romania
As a kid, I used to love playing games on my Gameboy Color, but now I can't even go back to it, because the screen is so weak compared to modern handheld consoles, and emulating it is even worse. At best, I can go back to as far as a Gameboy Advance, but not further.

toradada5598

Registered
Mar 20, 2015
I was addicted to playing GBA back then. That was until I misplaced/lost its charger :(((. Although it still had battery charge until a few years ago :). Didn't feel any difference except for the butterflies in my stomach *w*.

But I guess, if I'm going to play my GBA right now, I might get the feeling that "Was the screen really this small then?" Ahh, it feels weird to grow old >A<