Have you ever fought over a game?

Henrywrites

Registered
Feb 20, 2018
I am of the opinion that gaming is what can bring two friends that are not really close very close because the number of days and weeks they spend playing on a game console will always make them tend to know each other the more. I have made lots of friends as a result of the fact that I'm a gamer and the truth is that it is the game we play that brought us together.

However, there has been worrying trends where a see friends start up a fight in a game either because of one reason or the other. As a gamer, I understand that disagreements can come once in a while but fighting over it ain't the best solution to it. What do you have to say about that? arcade-gaming-670x335.jpg

As much as I hate to admit it, I would have to say that it has happened to me at least once. Of course, this has happened to me a lot more when I was super young, but in my early teens I remember an instance when my friend was backseat gaming me too much and criticizing my gameplay too much and obviously he was just itching to get his hands on the controller and play the game himself, but since he wasn't able to he just spent his time shouting at me and annoying me with comments about how I was playing. After a while I got mad and shouted back at him but eventually after a few minutes we diffused the situation and just got back to having fun as we both realized we were just being childish.

I think it's normal for two people who is both competitive. For sure they will be okay in time. Just let them realize that friendship is much more precious compared to their games that they are playing.

I am of the opinion that gaming is what can bring two friends that are not really close very close because the number of days and weeks they spend playing on a game console will always make them tend to know each other the more. I have made lots of friends as a result of the fact that I'm a gamer and the truth is that it is the game we play that brought us together.

However, there has been worrying trends where a see friends start up a fight in a game either because of one reason or the other. As a gamer, I understand that disagreements can come once in a while but fighting over it ain't the best solution to it. What do you have to say about that? View attachment 42

If you are referring to physical fight with a fellow gamer, I haven't done that before and I'm not planning to do so with anyone. But the truth is that I have seen people fought over it and it got really bad because they had bet placed on the games on who would win and who was would lose. It actually happened in a gaming house and that marked my end of visiting game houses.

The only fight that I have had with any gamer is a competitive game fight in which we became strong rivals. It was a football game PES. We got so competitive that we go to all extent to have ourselves beaten.

Even when I was young I didn't fight over games. It is like a sports of you feel upset or pissed just keep it with you or if you can't hide it just say it but at the end you should realize that the game is just a game, just like the saying it basketball game, "it is a physical sports, sure there will be a lot of contacts that will occur, but we live everything in the court after a ball game".

Definitely when I was a kid/teenager - I think a lot of it is just part and parcel of being at that age where you get into conflicts with siblings or peers, and partially to do with being a bit over-competitive at that age too, like you have something to prove. These days though, I don't fight over games/during games - it's really all in good fun, even if I am trying to beat the person I am playing against.

Definitely when I was a kid/teenager - I think a lot of it is just part and parcel of being at that age where you get into conflicts with siblings or peers, and partially to do with being a bit over-competitive at that age too, like you have something to prove. These days though, I don't fight over games/during games - it's really all in good fun, even if I am trying to beat the person I am playing against.

You're absolutely right, there is no escaping fighting over a game as a teenager when one is little and know less that the games are just for fun. I can remember banning one guy from coming to my house to play because we had a misunderstanding one day over who played better. This is just a childish behavior and I can bet that most of us are guilty of it in one way or another.

You're absolutely right, there is no escaping fighting over a game as a teenager when one is little and know less that the games are just for fun. I can remember banning one guy from coming to my house to play because we had a misunderstanding one day over who played better. This is just a childish behavior and I can bet that most of us are guilty of it in one way or another.

Haha, yes! I had times where I didn't actually talk to friends for periods of time after we'd gotten into arguments over games! Crazy to think about that kind of behavior now, but I feel like for those of us that were young gamers we all probably have similar stories like that! Oh, to be young! :p:eek:

Haha, yes! I had times where I didn't actually talk to friends for periods of time after we'd gotten into arguments over games! Crazy to think about that kind of behavior now, but I feel like for those of us that were young gamers we all probably have similar stories like that! Oh, to be young! :p:eek:

It's actually one of fun in being young and they are things you would remember and you will say to yourself that you had a wonderful childhood and teenage experience that is worth reliving if it's possible. I would jump at the prospect of having to go back to my childhood days for some time and get ported back to my adult life  :p:D:cool:

Even when I was young I didn't fight over games. It is like a sports of you feel upset or pissed just keep it with you or if you can't hide it just say it but at the end you should realize that the game is just a game, just like the saying it basketball game, "it is a physical sports, sure there will be a lot of contacts that will occur, but we live everything in the court after a ball game".

This is your opinion and must say that it's really good to know that you have such a cool mindset about playing games with a pal. The thing is that most of us have been glued and soaked with the passion that we want to win every gaming duel and when we don't win, we tend to use the fight to end it

I've never had any fights with any friends or anyone really regarding any games. However, we have had some light-hearted arguments over who is the better gamer out of everyone. That tends to be mainly for FIFA and Grand Theft Auto V though, I don't think we care about any of the other games. FIFA tends to be extremely competitive within my friend group, as with most other people, to be fair. For some reason, FIFA just tends to bring out the worst in a lot of people, it makes people so damn competitive lol

Reactions: Martinsx
I used to play a lot of MOBAs and the number of people who fight in-chat is too high in every game I've been in. I haven't personally fought against others though, I just mute chat when I become frustrated.

I've never had any fights with any friends or anyone really regarding any games. However, we have had some light-hearted arguments over who is the better gamer out of everyone. That tends to be mainly for FIFA and Grand Theft Auto V though, I don't think we care about any of the other games. FIFA tends to be extremely competitive within my friend group, as with most other people, to be fair. For some reason, FIFA just tends to bring out the worst in a lot of people, it makes people so damn competitive lol

Everything about football/soccer game is damn competitive and it brings out the worst in gamers who really loves sports because they would go to any length of have their playing opponents beaten. Both my friends and myself when playing we have to even place bets just to make everyone be 100% serious with playing as no one would love to lose his money to the other player. But definitely one person would lose and we will go at it over again.

Fighting over anything just isn't the rational, adult way to resolve situations. Serious arguments, much less ones over video games, should be diffused by sitting down and calmly talking over opposing views.

I should add, that is how things would be handled in a perfect world, and this world is far from that. Needless to say, I have definitely had serious fights with friends over some of the dumbest things in video games.

In recent memory, I recall having a fight with my cousin while we were playing Street Fighter X Tekken. He was playing Ogre and kept spamming some sort of ridiculously overpowered move and I couldn't time the dodges/blocks for it, so he kept wrecking me fight after fight using the same move. I got so angry at him for playing unfairly that I wanted to strangle him with the controller's cord.

Not literally, but I definitely fantasized doing it for a brief moment.

Fighting over anything just isn't the rational, adult way to resolve situations. Serious arguments, much less ones over video games, should be diffused by sitting down and calmly talking over opposing views.

I should add, that is how things would be handled in a perfect world, and this world is far from that. Needless to say, I have definitely had serious fights with friends over some of the dumbest things in video games.

In recent memory, I recall having a fight with my cousin while we were playing Street Fighter X Tekken. He was playing Ogre and kept spamming some sort of ridiculously overpowered move and I couldn't time the dodges/blocks for it, so he kept wrecking me fight after fight using the same move. I got so angry at him for playing unfairly that I wanted to strangle him with the controller's cord.

Not literally, but I definitely fantasized doing it for a brief moment.

Hello, Denis, I totally got your point on the need not to fight over some things in life and how such should be related to games we play with buddies. The thing, just like you highlighted, is the way some of us cheat in games which can make some of us really angry and want to smash the other person.

I could recall when I used to play with a certain friend that have got the hacks I couldn't name when we play soccer games and the way he always beat me got me really angry. However, I got that we should find a way to ask them to play fair and not get us angry when we play with them.

Hello, Denis, I totally got your point on the need not to fight over some things in life and how such should be related to games we play with buddies. The thing, just like you highlighted, is the way some of us cheat in games which can make some of us really angry and want to smash the other person.

I could recall when I used to play with a certain friend that have got the hacks I couldn't name when we play soccer games and the way he always beat me got me really angry. However, I got that we should find a way to ask them to play fair and not get us angry when we play with them.

A friend of mine still does this with the PES we are playing. He would always go home and remake the players of a certain team and they would become unbeatable. There is nothing I would do or play to beat him and this really frustrated me back then until I discovered what he has done and we both started using the same team to play which does not make the game fun to play again.

This one is one of the most annoying part that you're going to encounter in gaming. In multiplayer online battle arena games, you be matched up with unwanted team mates. There are times when no matter how much firm, cooperative, good and how much you are into winning the game, still there are players who blames you for their mistakes. This is very saddening because you are being blamed for a mistake you did not want and you did not do. In the end, I remained silent. I did not respond to their rants for it will only make the argument worse. I have just come to realize that it is really hard to at yourself without a mirror. You cannot see your faults on your own unless someone tells you.

Yes! I fought over a Sega mega game, my cousin is this type that would always thing of himself first before any body, the period this happened he came for a visit and been that he is the visitor I didn't hesitate to share my game pad wit him all of a sudden I discovered he is more interested in playing games alone with the Computer which mean I would have to wait until he is done playing. At first it was going well because I was not really ready to drag a game with him and suddenly 8 discovered he is doing it on purpose, so I walked up to him and asked him to please give me my pad, which he bluntly refused to give to me, this arguement because he has been on the game for over 2hrs and all I did was just watch and at that point t I have gotten to my breaking point so we fought which made both of us lost the right to use the game for a while.

Of course and it was to my friend. We did it not just one time but almost every time when we play console games. We got angry if someone is being defeated. Its like my pride can't take it to lose over my friend. We almost fight for the bragging rights. But it was when we are little children.

Of course and it was to my friend. We did it not just one time but almost every time when we play console games. We got angry if someone is being defeated. Its like my pride can't take it to lose over my friend. We almost fight for the bragging rights. But it was when we are little children.

While I was a kid, I always get angry whenever I was being defeated in a game in the sense that I was that keen to win lots of friends that I play with back in those. Fighting as kids while little is not bad as long as no one was badly injured for that is the joy of playing the game as well.