Gay Marriage Should it be legal

I'm quite sure its not only us Christians that don't agree with gay marriage. I personally think that gay marriage is pretty screwed up.

silent_storm said:
I'm quite sure its not only us Christians that don't agree with gay marriage. I personally think that gay marriage is pretty screwed up.

Religion is pretty screwed up.

I agree with you, it is. Which is why you always hear us say that Jesus isn't a religion. Christianity...true Christianity is really not a religion, its much more than that.

You've probably heard this before, but its a living, real-time (hehe a videogame word) relationship with Jesus.

Last edited:
Ughhhhhhh...Man, why is this topic on here?

Okay, I agree with Bennet and Scribe on this subject.

My two cents: By denying ANYONE the right to get married to the human being of their choice (man or woman), we are basically saying that said individual does not have the same rights as the rest of us. By saying that someone does not have the same rights as the rest of us, we're saying that they are not our equal. So really, those of you opposed to gay marriage are sort of saying that you don't look at gays as your equal. That you look at them as a group that is below you.. a group that doesn't deserve the same rights as you. That is plain wrong. All Americans desrve the same rights.

The gay population deserves to be equal, and marriage should be legal for them like it is for the rest of us.

It isn't that they don't have equal rights, it's just that they don't meet the credentials for marriage. Just like girls don't have the right to join the boy scouts. Just like I can't win the Martin Luther King Jr Foundation scholarship. Just like a 25 year old can't run for President. Just like a college dropout can't be a pilot in the airforce, and so on.

And that still applies to bigomists as well. Just because somebody prefers getting with two women at once (but don't we all?) doesn't mean he's any less of human than the rest of us less-lucky people who get with one lady at a time. But does that mean he has the right to marry both of them? Nope.

Exactly. Thanks Spudly.

All Americans desrve the same rights.

Hmph. Not many people believed that about blacks until the 60's. Some still don't.
But I won't get into that. And no, Im not racist against whites. lol

plasticpsyche said:
Ughhhhhhh...Man, why is this topic on here?

Okay, I agree with Bennet and Scribe on this subject.

My two cents: By denying ANYONE the right to get married to the human being of their choice (man or woman), we are basically saying that said individual does not have the same rights as the rest of us. By saying that someone does not have the same rights as the rest of us, we're saying that they are not our equal. So really, those of you opposed to gay marriage are sort of saying that you don't look at gays as your equal. That you look at them as a group that is below you.. a group that doesn't deserve the same rights as you. That is plain wrong. All Americans desrve the same rights.

The gay population deserves to be equal, and marriage should be legal for them like it is for the rest of us.

NOW Mr. editor dont think for one second you can say that marriage is between a guy and a guy and a girl and a girl. Marriage, the sacrament or by law, is between a guy and a gal. Just to lighten things up, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

General_Wiese said:
WILL YOU STOP CALLING EVERYBODY A F*CKING BIGOT ALREADY YOU SELF RIGHTEOUS HIPOCRITICAL SOB. Bye the way everyone I won the bid on a mint condition new Silent hill 1 for only ten dollars. :avrillavi
Actually, I've only called two people bigots. The anti-Christ and the racist.

General_Wiese said:
NOW Mr. editor dont think for one second you can say that marriage is between a guy and a guy and a girl and a girl. Marriage, the sacrament or by law, is between a guy and a gal. Just to lighten things up, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

By law it was okay for a 14 year old to marry in Kansas up until...hmmm...this year! Wow! Only NOW they find it inappropriate, which says to me that LAW is mutable and alters with the circumstances. For, as far as I can tell, if I were to marry I no longer have the right to beat my wife with a rod no bigger than the circumference of my thumb, I no longer have the right to force my children to work to support the family, I can not take complete possession of my wife's property, oh, and I can marry a woman who is not of my particular racial/ethnic background.

Y'see, that kind of fun thinking (the Sacrament or the Law?) sounds a lot like Virginia trial court judge Leon Bazile who, in 1965, sentenced a "mixed-race" couple who got married in Washington, D.C. His written decision included this yummy tidbit:

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix

Yayyy...fuzzy expansion of Religious tenets wins out over reason and Constitutional guarantees of liberty! Only, it was overturned in 1967 by the Supreme Court in Loving v. Virginia:

Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law.

Seriously, avoid homosexuals, believe they're going to hell or whatever, make all the gay jokes you want at their expense...BUT realize that they are not disappearing and that they are fully considered citizens of the United States of America (except the illegal aliens I suppose), and they are entitled to the same Rights and Privileges extended to the rest of us.

Anytime anyone tells me how marriage has been defined, it makes me want to scream. It can be demonstrated again and again and again that no single definition of "Marriage" has survived through the trials of History to stand as the ultimate paragon of what marriage should be to all peoples. In fact, it has evolved, grown, shed much of it's horrendous nature of being purely for the motivations of economics and politcs, to being a choice consenting adults make to express love and committment (or to gain citizenzhip) in their own way. How's that for lightening the mood?

b_1615AED655440F25.jpg

How bout them apples?

Can I have fries with that baby-burger? And no, I don't want it super-sized.

Geez, they always look bigger and juicier in the picture than they do when you get 'em on your tray!

spudlyff8fan said:

b_1615AED655440F25.jpg

How bout them apples?

Were were did you find this at. And why would any one want to do this to a child. I know kids a tasty but come on. Theres no fries.

And why is this therad still up I thought by know you would haven taken it off. And spud your not wrong for calling ppl names if they deserve it then call them that.

scribe999 said:
By law it was okay for a 14 year old to marry in Kansas up until...hmmm...this year! Wow! Only NOW they find it inappropriate, which says to me that LAW is mutable and alters with the circumstances. For, as far as I can tell, if I were to marry I no longer have the right to beat my wife with a rod no bigger than the circumference of my thumb, I no longer have the right to force my children to work to support the family, I can not take complete possession of my wife's property, oh, and I can marry a woman who is not of my particular racial/ethnic background.

Y'see, that kind of fun thinking (the Sacrament or the Law?) sounds a lot like Virginia trial court judge Leon Bazile who, in 1965, sentenced a "mixed-race" couple who got married in Washington, D.C. His written decision included this yummy tidbit:

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix

Yayyy...fuzzy expansion of Religious tenets wins out over reason and Constitutional guarantees of liberty! Only, it was overturned in 1967 by the Supreme Court in Loving v. Virginia:

Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law.

Seriously, avoid homosexuals, believe they're going to hell or whatever, make all the gay jokes you want at their expense...BUT realize that they are not disappearing and that they are fully considered citizens of the United States of America (except the illegal aliens I suppose), and they are entitled to the same Rights and Privileges extended to the rest of us.

Anytime anyone tells me how marriage has been defined, it makes me want to scream. It can be demonstrated again and again and again that no single definition of "Marriage" has survived through the trials of History to stand as the ultimate paragon of what marriage should be to all peoples. In fact, it has evolved, grown, shed much of it's horrendous nature of being purely for the motivations of economics and politcs, to being a choice consenting adults make to express love and committment (or to gain citizenzhip) in their own way. How's that for lightening the mood?

??? WOw ur a queer. Think about how messed up our country is. Same sex getting married just thank about that. Fucking weird. And if I was the anti-Christ i wouldve killed you bye now spuds.

That's not appropriate, Weise. If we can't keep it civil, let's at least keep the death threats to a minimum.

Anyway, here's some interesting and timely news for this debate. Lesbians' brains work differently than straight womens' brains.. The hypothalamus is a fairly primitive region of the brain, it controls some autonomic body functions. Lesbian women who were exposed to pheromones had different activity in their hypothalamus than straight women did. In addition, earlier research showed that the brains of homosexual men and heretosexual women reacted very similarly to a progesterone horomone.

This suggests that sexuality does have a biological component. However, there's more research to be done. This study only used 12 lesbians (though they all reacted to the chemicals similarly). This also obviously does not encompass the whole of human sexuality. I personally find it very hard to believe that a hypothalamic response can be a learned behavior; it's not an area of the brain that works like our memory centers.

Side note: Every society that has turned to homosexuality and sexual depravity (all the other sex stuff not discussed), has fallen shortly thereafter. Greece, Rome, Egypt, and Israel are examples.