Gay Marriage Should it be legal

spudlyff8fan said:
Yeah, but they're animals, so who cares?

And how the hell do you get freaky with a turkey?

Y'know, that question never fails to turn up. As strange as the story is all by its lonesome, the addition of that turkey makes everyone do a double-take....a TURKEY?!!??!?!

basilmunroe said:
In the case of rape (whether of a human or an animal) I think castration is the most fitting consequence.
They tried that. They just rape them with items that way.

I think it should be allowed. If two people love each other and want to be married, they should get the same legal benifits as a man and a woman. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality. This government has too much religion blinding certain views as it is. If two women or two men get married, that's not going to hurt anyone.

shysta said:
meh...they can do whatever they want. I can careless, it ain't like they're hurting anybody.

Ok I dont want to start a heated argument......even though i may have already..............But do any of you think that it will hurt someone? Honestly how is a gay couple hurtning you in any way shape or form? It may upset you or give you some discomfort. But IT DOES NOT CAUSE ANY HARM TO YOU AT ALL. Now marraige is a big step to some ppl and this is a serious subject. So as far as morals regarding Marriage thats up to God to judge. But I do feel that Gay couples should be able to have the same Legal Rights as do Rtraight Couples. Far is far right.

I look at this as the last Cultrual Step For Cival Rights. Race is a Done pass issuse. Still it's not complete but In a Legal way its Mostly Far. Every race has equal rights............they may not be treated equaly but thats another subject..............So could this be the last Civial rights movement we see?

Jonas....funny, i leave for a second and i get dragged into the gay marriage thing.....I vote :thumbsdow........and that Jonas needs a Van Daminator

Super Mario said:
I think it should be allowed. If two people love each other and want to be married, they should get the same legal benifits as a man and a woman. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality. This government has too much religion blinding certain views as it is. If two women or two men get married, that's not going to hurt anyone.
Why does it matter if their views are derived from religion, exactly?

scribe999 said:
Marriage laws in the United States should not and do not define the morality of these decisions.

Well put. I think the above should be expanded though; the government has no place in morality at all and legislation should be based on law, not morality. Government's job is to govern, morality is the responsibility of the people.

Ok, Im going to be as nice as I possibly can on this subject which I have VERY strong feelings with. First off, I overheard someone in my class ask the teacher how he didnt know that gay male on male female on female relationships werent the natural order of things. Simple, a man and woman make a baby. Baby's are neccesary. You arent simply born gay, thats a load. And dont ask me how I know for you, "Have you been one before?", its just not the natural order of things and it must have to do with early sexual Psychological damage. I also have a religious standpoint on this. Marriage is a spiritual bonding of two people in the most beautiful way, and separates us from animals. To let same sex marriages pass is tainting something so sacred, its just, rediculous. Also, I am called to be fair to every human being. I will say after Gay people have there urges there is no going straight. However, that does not mean they need to practice any type of sexual relation with another man, woman, like kissing or making mud babies. Im fine with gays as people, and will never attack one because they are gay. But when they openly express there gayness it becomes a real problem, and marriage is the worst.

General_Wiese said:
Ok, Im going to be as nice as I possibly can on this subject which I have VERY strong feelings with. First off, I overheard someone in my class ask the teacher how he didnt know that gay male on male female on female relationships werent the natural order of things. Simple, a man and woman make a baby. Baby's are neccesary. You arent simply born gay, thats a load. And dont ask me how I know for you, "Have you been one before?", its just not the natural order of things and it must have to do with early sexual Psychological damage. I also have a religious standpoint on this. Marriage is a spiritual bonding of two people in the most beautiful way, and separates us from animals. To let same sex marriages pass is tainting something so sacred, its just, rediculous. Also, I am called to be fair to every human being. I will say after Gay people have there urges there is no going straight. However, that does not mean they need to practice any type of sexual relation with another man, woman, like kissing or making mud babies. Im fine with gays as people, and will never attack one because they are gay. But when they openly express there gayness it becomes a real problem, and marriage is the worst.

I have to agree with somethigns said and dis agree with some.

I agree true no person is born gay. It is something that is brought up inside of you. Even though science can prove that you can be born gay means nothing to me. I think it's all choice. Yes marriage is a spiritual bond between two ppl. But dening some one that right because he or she is Gay is wrong. We are not here to judge on any person at all that is up to God. I also agree with the fact that expressing the fact that their gay is a bit much.

I have 8 gay close friends and i work with a few others. They do not express the gayness ( if thats a word ) to me or anyone the meet. But telling someone not to sove it in my face is like telling any person to cover up what they are. Remember the pro black times of the 80's. The public Enemy times. No one wanted to see that. I'm black and it pissed me off to no extent. But to tell a person not to do that was like telling them you cant be black. See we as ppl have no problem with a person until they make us feel uncomfortable....... But has anyony ever asked if The feel some type of way when we express our straightness (again can that be a word ).............We can deal as long as we are happy. Truth is that will never happen. We will never have pure happiness..........You can thank God for that..............So a lot of yo uhave said no to it. Well why is that. I know some say because of religion. But is that the only reason. We as a country human race all have opinions and such, But we do not judge at all. And lets not forget that homosexuality has been around well since forever.

Also this is just a question for anyone, you do not have to answer if you do not want to. What do you yourself have against Homosexuality? What do you have against a gay person. And I am not talking about religous veiws. I mean you as a person.

I have nothing against gay people. I have a gay sister.

However, God has something against them. Being gay is being against God. He created man and woman to be together, not same-sex relationships. He doesn't want gays to perish in hell, but that's what will happen should they not repent.

Hardcore said:
I have nothing against gay people. I have a gay sister.

However, God has something against them. Being gay is being against God. He created man and woman to be together, not same-sex relationships. He doesn't want gays to perish in hell, but that's what will happen should they not repent.

So you're saying your sister is going to hell.

I believe what Hardcore was getting at is that God specifically states in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin. It is one of many sins. They are all treated the same way by God, take a peek at Hardcore's signature:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That's how God views it. It is on the same level as deceit, adultery, murder, coveting, worship of false gods, etc. No better, no worse. The truth is, no one can get past sin without God. There is no "I need to clean up my life first before I get right with God".

General_Wiese said:
Im fine with gays as people, and will never attack one because they are gay.

The sad thing is, you repeatedly attacked them in your post.

How many homosexuals do you know? Ever have the chance to sit down and talk to anyone in the GLBT community about the issues they face?

And for those who believe homosexuality is a choice, I'd like to see you choose it. Right now. Go on. Choose to find someone of the same sex sexually attractive.

BC, I've known about a dozen homosexuals and one transvestite. Only one lesbian said that she didn't have a choice, and she left her husband after 13 years of marriage. I also currently work in a building that surprises me with just how many people here are homosexuals, or were at one point.

I'm not saying anyone can turn off their cravings. I believe we all have at least one particular weakness we are prone to. The transvestite was just weird no matter what clothes he was wearing.

However, I do agree with you that General White (that's that Wiese means in German. hmmm.) is very disrespectful. Have you seen some of his posts in other threads? It's pretty much universal bigotry glossed over with self-justification and pretended humor.

I think it is just amazing that the gay marriage banner is up on this forum as we speak......sorry if i'm slow, but i felt it was funny......and not "funny" as in gay......i mean......uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............shit...........i did it again......<<<leaves for sensitivity class>>

asylum_boy said:
I think it is just amazing that the gay marriage banner is up on this forum as we speak......sorry if i'm slow, but i felt it was funny......and not "funny" as in gay......i mean......uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............shit...........i did it again......<<<leaves for sensitivity class>>

Kinda get were your coming at on this one. I'm very suprised that all of you are not makeing this into joke and are taking this serious. Not one of you............well maybe one...............has been disrespectful in anyway shape or form. Also I find it funny that you guys are still posting on here. I have no clue as to why I put this up. Maybe i wanted to here your opinons on the subject. I have way to many gay friends and Some say it was a choice they made. Because tthey have felt more attracted to the same sex. Some have said that they find the oppiste sex attrative but preferr the same sex.