Games You Are Bad At

I feel that fighting games can get too technical, making it hard for noobies to have a chance at competing. And with the popularity of FPS titles, competition is usually fierce there too.

I feel that fighting games can get too technical, making it hard for noobies to have a chance at competing. And with the popularity of FPS titles, competition is usually fierce there too.
I think you make a great point abt fitting games. There is a real steep learning curve which can make it difficult for noobies as they just don't stand a chance against vets which often times can make it both frustrating and also not a lot of fun.

I ruined fighting games for myself. Played with friends back home. Had fun, learned some stuff, got to what i thought was a good level.

Moved.

Found the community where I am now. Started going to weekly meet-ups with people who are nationally ranked. Learned a bunch of stuff (mainly how awful I am). Went home. Friends won't play with me anymore.

I'm terrible at racing games! It doesn't matter which game it is, I automatically suck at it. Even when I was younger and played Mario Kart, I would always come in 8th place. Fun Run, last place, always. It is actually pretty funny watching me fail over and over again. I'm not too into racing games, so it doesn't really bother me that I'm bad at them.

I am horrible, beyond horrible, at Tekken Tag 2. I get my butt handed to me, just about every time. My husband tries to teach me, but I just cannot get the hang of it. Lol

Oh my God, I am just awful at racing games. I'm that person who ends up driving right off the track two seconds after the race has started. I'm also really bad at fighting games, and I drive my cousins crazy cause I just button mash like a lunatic. I also have no patience for (difficult) puzzle games. Like, I play games to relax, not make my head hurt (more).

I'm more into open world/stealth games, like Fallout 3 or Skyrim and Assassin's Creed or Thief.

I'm bad at some first-person shooters, especially at Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I'm terrible at Global Offensive, so bad that my brother always shouts at me whenever he watches me play it. I feel embarrassment playing Global Offensive, so I don't even open it these days. :p

I cannot for the life of me play JRPGs with any sort of confidence or skill. I dunno, they just feel odd to play for me.

I'm actually really bad at Call of Duty of any kind. I think I'm not good at most first-person multiplayer situations. I'll play the campaign though.

I agree with Eyeless. I am soo terrible at first person shooting games. It is a miracle that I even pass the levels sometimes. I always have to go through multiple times. I really like games like Call of Duty.

I suck at fighting and racing games. Fighting games just take too long to learn all the combos to be good at and I even when I do learn combos I pretty much forget them by the next round. In racing games I have a bit of a lead foot, I go much too fast into corners and as a result either swipe the wall or burn out onto the grass.

I am truly awful at driving games. I don't have the skill or the patience or the finesse required to elegantly drive a Ferrari around a race track without crashing into other cars about a hundred times and accidentally driving into the pit lane every second lap. Whenever I play a driving game I inevitably stop trying and just turn around and try to smash into cars going the opposite direction. Driving games just aren't for me o_O

Agreed. It's highly discouraging for beginners to play with experienced payers when it comes to fighting games and at the same time to also gets very boring for the better player. This also applies to many other genres like FPS as you've mentioned, but you're right it is especially true for this particular genre.

I used to be pretty good on FPS games, but now I haven't played for a long time and I'm very rusty.
Oh well, there's still MOBA games.

I admit to being completely terrible at Resident Evil 4. My sister and I bought that game together and could only play for 5 minutes without getting killed, which is why I like having cheat codes. With cheat codes I can still enjoy games that I wouldn't be able to otherwise.

I admit to being completely terrible at Resident Evil 4. My sister and I bought that game together and could only play for 5 minutes without getting killed, which is why I like having cheat codes. With cheat codes I can still enjoy games that I wouldn't be able to otherwise.
Meanwhile. Resident Evil 4 might be the only game I've ever picked up mid-game and started basically owning it. A long time ago, a friend had the game and couldn't beat this one giant thing in a cave and handed me the controller. Next thing I knew, I was helping him beat the game. It's the only time I ever played it so vehemently. The irony is that I'm not all that great at any of the other resident evil games; I keep dying quite alot at them. Then again, on those I generally am playing them alone at night in the dark.

I've never been any good at driving games. Gran Turismo, Forza.. the lot. I don't know what it is and I definitely enjoy playing them but they've never really clicked.

The only game I ever played that I stopped playing because it was too difficult for me was need for speed pro street. The car was very difficult to handle around the track and I found it hard to win. I had a similar experience with formula 1 2013 racing.