Five Nights at Freddy's 1 and 2

sorrowscall

Great Hero Rosayln(Okage)
Registered
Nov 9, 2014
So, I've yet to actually sit down and play either game. To be honest, I haven't really cared much for it's appeal; it's just a game like Slender or other horror genre games. However, I'm thinking more and more about giving the game a real try and seeing if it's really all that scary or not; I've heard it's actually quite cheesy.

Personally, I have no interest in these games. I have a couple friends who play it and cannot understand the appeal. Who scares themselves for fun? No me! But anyway, I guess the challenge aspect of Five Nights at Freddies is the attraction, but its just not my cup of tea.

If you're scared easily, then it's a great game to play as it relies on jumpscares. However it can get repetitive after you learn what you're supposed to do in the game, and then it might just be frustrating. outside of that it is a great game for some cheap laughs with your friends and is just some good fun.

I picked up Five Nights at Freddy's 1 during the recent Steam sale and I have to admit I think it was worth every penny. Yes, it does get a little repetitive after a while but played in short bursts it can be a tremendous amount of fun.

It was also free on the Amazon app store last week, I am not sure if it is still free but if it is, it might be a good idea to pick it up and see if it is for you witht wasting any money.

FNAF 1 and 2 are just jumpscares, 2 has these weird creepy atariesque minigames but you games reveal their entire set of tricks almost right away and eh.

It's a neat idea tho, I'd like to see them expanded upon.

It's a clever series because it does things in a way that hasn't been done before. The game can be pretty terrifying when you start out, but it quickly becomes a frustrating challenge, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. These games are nothing like the Slender games, though. There's a formula to beating the later nights, and you'll otherwise find some of the last couple ones impossible.

I'm either really jaded or I'm really against these cheesy games that are coming out like Slender and such. I'm really keeping away from these games and their community, it just seems really flat to me. But hey, to each their own, I suppose. Nothing against those who like the games.

I´ve heard good things about these games, but for me, jump scares is not really a scary thing I enjoy. I much more enjoy spooky stuff with twisted plot-lines and evil overtures.

For me, I have absolutely no interest in playing jump scare kinds of games, but I do enjoy watching other people play them. Me getting jump scared = meh, watching other people freak out as they get jump scared = endless entertainment.
I agree with Skuttie, though; the skeleton of the game is interesting, and I think that take on a survival game has some potential. As it is, it's pretty undeveloped. Kudos to the designer for making a killing on them, though.