Final Fantasy XI

Sabin34

Registered
May 1, 2006
I personally feel that FFXI is one of the better online games to date. Granted, each MMORPG has its own goods and bads and I know FFXI has strayed away from what Final Fantasy should be, but it is still an amazing game which has a ton of twists and a lot of helpful people, if you know how to play your cards right ;)

I played FFXI for a while. I've recently quit. The main problem with FFXI is the very defined classes you can have in a party. You NEED a Ninja. You NEED a WHM. You can NOT have a DRG. That was the main problem I had with the game. In addition, each class had a pretty much obligatory subjob required. Warriors NEED to subjob Ninja. Paladins NEED to subjob Warrior. Summoners NEED to subjob WHM. It is really leaves very little room for customization.

I mainly quit because I could NOT GET A PARTY AT ALL. Seriously, I've spent dozens of hours in Jeuno with a flag, waiting for an invite or trying to put together a party with no success.

It's because Paladins are generally useless between level 35-50, and still play a second fiddle to Ninjas as tanks from 50-75.

I used to play it, got boring pretty fast, though. I'm more in FPS and such.

so, i've played FFXI for over a year now. i've had my share of good and bad times.. but i think last week I had the worst.

While waiting in Kazham for a party for PUP, i put alot of my WHM gear items up in my Bazaar for either rediculous prices, or 99,999,999 to ensure i dont drop them.. i've done this before.

so i put my Apollos staff in my Bazaar -worth 2.1mil- for 2mil, thinking it's a show item, i need morei mportant items. if it sells, i buy a NQ Light staff and some other stuff i need. what i didnt know.. is that i clicked enter on 200k. about 2 minutes after doing this, lo and behold, someone buys it. YAY! I think. i check my gil.... 400k? huh?! instantly i realize my mistake.. i try to /tell the person, tell them i will give them the money back for my staff

he ignores me --=[Swear Attempt, Warn Me]=- tarus-

soon after, he logs off. i'm freaking out here. i /tell all my high level friends -thsi guy war Rank 10 and i'd seen him before during gods, so i know he's hgih leveled and i know someone will have to know him..

after trying a few, oen says he knows him.. they were i nan HNMLS together. apparantly he's an -=[Swear Attempt]=- from hell, a total eliteist, and was kick from the LS they were in together because he bas a bitch to everyone and only did stuff for himself..

someone else tells me the same thing.
so guess what? i'm out 2mil, nothing i can do about it.

i hate this game.
yet i love it..

My time in Kazham yielded many of that sort of things, from stupid BLMs who would cast the area-based spells, making us need to fight up to four monsters at once, to my time as a tank for a level 35 manaburning party, and most of all, WHM deserters. But no matter which way you look at it, the time in that ice place outside of Jeuno (level 20-25) as well as Valkurm (level 10-20) is ALWAYS the worst. Valkurm is the place where you first start working in parties, and there are newbies everywhere, and always an overabundance of no-subjob warriors. The snow place outside of Jeuno is a tough place because many people get power-levelled through Valkurm, and therefore have no real experience in partying, so you will die many times because of a deficient tank or healer.