Favourite N64 game?

Hawxx

Registered
Nov 13, 2014
My favourite was definitely the original Super Smash Bros, I spent ages trying to unlock all characters and I could never beat Ness, I had unlocked him at some point but I played a hell of a ton of it, the Smash Bros series is pretty much my childhood game, so, what's your favourite game for the N64?

Edit : Not exactly sure why it says "test" right before my post, probably an error but I can't seem to delete it through editing.

Reactions: blur92
Diddy kong racing and Mario Golf were the best. I spent hours on end trying to master them. the fun factor was top notch, and at the end of the day, that's what counts the most.

Star Fox 64. It's the one game that I'd say Nintendo made the definitive version of one of their franchise games on the N64.

Super Mario 64 is one of my favorites. I played this game a lot at my friend's house, since she had the game and the Nintendo 64 system. Obviously the graphics for that game weren't the best, but the graphics were good for its time. There was a lot to do in the game, and I was fond of Cool Mountain. The game wasn't as good as some of the other Mario games, though.

I can name a few of my favorites. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Super Mario 64 are my most favorite though. Especially in Majora's Mask when you had to collect masks and you had to do them at certain times.

N64 hmmmm, I'd consider almost every game on the N64 a classic, I loved Golden Eye, Mario Go Kart, Donkey Kong, Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat 4, ahh the memories I can see it now, lol.

My favorite N64 game was Pokemon Puzzle League. This is because I could find others whom would play it with me longer than they'd be willing to play MarioKart64 with me; I was very good at MarioKart. It got to the point where we'd all have small championships with that game in it's 3D mode.

Mario 64 was the game I got when I first got my Nintendo 64. Someone was doing something right when that megaton was the first game for me to experience. I spent hours and hours on end on it, not getting bored of the ride. It's my most favorite amongst the gems I got to play on the system. It's closely followed by Oot in my library, but other than that? Mario 64 by a long shot.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie was good too - I've got an emulator on my tablet so I can finally play all the games I missed over the years. Mario Kart was another good one, I used to play it at after school care - we'd have tournaments and everything.

I have two personal favorites. Number 1 is Super Smash Bros, because that's the game that started my favorite Nintendo franchise. I mean, what an awesome idea to combine all your loved characters and have them battle each other to death!

The second one is Pokemon Snap, because I'm a huge Pokemon fan and because it was the first game I have got for my Nintendo 64. I've got many beautiful memories with that game.

I have to admit, to my shame, I've never played Mario 64, so I'm gonna have to get to work soon.

I have two personal favorites. Number 1 is Super Smash Bros, because that's the game that started my favorite Nintendo franchise. I mean, what an awesome idea to combine all your loved characters and have them battle each other to death!

The second one is Pokemon Snap, because I'm a huge Pokemon fan and because it was the first game I have got for my Nintendo 64. I've got many beautiful memories with that game.

I have to admit, to my shame, I've never played Mario 64, so I'm gonna have to get to work soon.
I second Smash Bros. The N64 was not known for its versus games (majority of them sucked big time) but Nintendo striked gold with Smash Bros. It offered a great single player experience and awesome multiplayer that kept me and my friends awake deep into the night.

I kinda hate Pokemon Snap though. It's not what I expected it to be. It felt more of a rail shooter than anything else. My second favorite N64 game would have to be Turok. It was such an awesome FPS with huge environments and cool graphics.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time... that was the game to get back in the day. I also played the Super Mario Bros. Game that came with mine. Ah, those were the days.

I really enjoyed Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mario 64.

I didn't get a N64 until yeeeeears after it came out and it's not compatible with my current TV, so I haven't gotten to play too many games on it. Once I can get a converter or something I will probably play more and have more games to list.

I played other ones, but they weren't too enjoyable to me. Those two are what really stick out.

Only two games come to my mind. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and GoldenEye.
The first one, I like it because it is so much darker than other Zelda games. I felt more empathy towards the characters, since all of them had some sort of background story, like Anju and Kafei. I also enjoyed the whole masks concept, finding them all, seeing which one did what, etc.

Now, for the second one, it's more of a nostalgic love. I would spend hours playing with my friends on multiplayer; we played so much, we broke the joysticks in our controllers more than once. I wouldn't just play it with my friends though, I'd play it with my cousins, my brother, my uncles, even played with my mom once. I must say, it easily makes it in the top 5 of my favorite videogames of all time.

My favorite is Pokemon Stadium. It is cool to see your homegrown Pokemon in battle because it's more realistic. I also like playing the kid games when I need a break from battling.

At the time, I switched over from Nintendo to the Sony's PlayStation after the SNES and never actually owned a N64 (I couldn't afford both). However, I played a fair amount of N64 at the homes of friends and families and much later in life re-discovered some of its games via emulators.

As such, my list of all-time favourite N64 games is short-but-sweet: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, StarFox 64, and StarCraft 64!

For me its a big tie between Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Conkers Bad Fur Day. I grew up playing OoT however when I got introduced to Conker when I reached the age of 18, I fell in love with it. The humor along with the music made the game very memorable (along with the difficult worlds). Ocarina of Time was always my favorite zelda game however tied with Wind Waker for the gamecube.

My favorite N64 game of all time is Diddy kong racing. It will always be my favorite, have a lot of fond memories on that game there was nothing like sitting in your basement racing your friends and seeing their faces when you won for the third time in a row.