Does anyone know the #?

The PS3 would be Sony's new system they will "eventually" bring out.....<note sarcasm>.....And they plan to put a BlueRay Drive in it.......which, by the way.....is unstable as hell......BlueRay won't be right until 2010.....

Is Playstation considering something like xbox live? It's a huge thing for microsoft, so it would make all kinds of sense for sony to try to out do them. Or would it take too much money or the games they already have wouldn't work with it?

I submit my humble query to you tech kings.

Haven't heard anything about online plans, but Sony seems to have a different marketing strategy. Where MS has all of their developers sign on to the XBL concept, Sony seems to let each publisher deicde on their own how they will handle online play. This offloads the infrastructure development and support to each developer, but takes control away from Sony, so it's a tradeoff.

Playstation has it's own online entity....But being that i used to deal with that, seeing that was a cable guy for a long time.......their online system and internet connection needs to be greatly improved......in MY opinion......the packet loss and flap rate between a broadband connection and Playstation needs some attention....if they plan to use that same system for PS3

Some of my wife's rich relatives got one for $600 and a whole mess of the games. I'm told that more released this past weekend, but I've not seen one for sell yet. A friend of mine was in a wal-mart where they made an announcement that they had one 360 left. He could not get there before it was gone.