Does anyone know the #?

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
Of Xbox's released last Tuesday? Since every last one of them has been sold, I'm curious as to how many were distributed in the US. I read where 300,000 are slated for Europe in about two weeks.

a friend of mine actually bought two of the premium package, one for himself and one for ebay, he put it on ebay three days after the release, he sold it for $1,500, man did he ever make up for his losses

It isn't artificial, and they did it for good reason. They lost probably two thirds of that 1.2 billion because they made too many Xboxes. Do you really think they are going to want to make that massive a surplus, at launch, again?

There's also the fact that it makes them look really good. Every last one bought? That means the 360 is the stuff right? At least that's the message being sent. Movies, sports, toys, stores, etc. that have massive crowds always make the headlines. This always draws MORE attention to them (for free). It also means they don't wind up with the major surplus like they did the first time around. I noticed that the PS3 has released some more specs on their system in an effort to draw attention to their system and away from Xbox.

U know Darth.......I thought me and you were complete idiots for not reserving the 360!!.....But now i hear that EB may not get some of their preorders out till March!!.........Absolute insanity, i tell you!!