Did you ever own a Gameboy Color?

devilishomar

Registered
Nov 18, 2014
Remember the days when games had so low-res graphics that you could literally see the pixels in the game you were playing. I remember playing Pokemon Red and Robocop on mine during a large chunk of my childhood.

I miss those graphics where there were literally only two colors (black was always one). Pokemon Red was literally just black and a subtle red in the graphics. You could expect something similar for Blue and Yellow.

What games did you play on your Color, if you ever owned one?

I mostly played Pokémon Red to. The only game I had for Gameboy Color was Pokemon. That game will forever be classic. I favor those throw back games more then some of the games out today. With the old games you can see were your going more vividly and your surroundings.

Reactions: allarijit
Unfortunately my first Nintendo Console was the Game Cube, but I did end up getting a Gameboy Advanced SP and later on a Gameboy Advanced DS, I immensely enjoy products from Nintendo they're like an institution in the Gaming World, I grew up with them, and its hard sometimes hearing their financial woes.

I did not. My first Nintendo console was the SNES. I did end up buying a Gamegear as a kid. If I actually knew anything about either console, I could have definitely traded the gamegear for the Gameboy Color. The Gamegear had a nice screen, but battery life sucked and it was bulky as heck. The Gameboy color had a pretty terrible screen, but a fantastic library of games. A few of my friends had one, so I would play theirs from time to time. I was hooked on Pokemon for the gameboy color.

The better question should be, did anyone here own a Virtual Boy..lol :)

I had many games on my Gameboy Color, and my favorite would definitely be Pokemon Red. Fortunately I can recreate the experience with the tons of emulators available.

I had a Game Boy Color. It was green and I ended up spilling milk on it. Eventually I ended up with a Game Boy Advance and then an SP.
I mostly played Pokemon Blue on the Color. I can't remember what else.

Reactions: devilishomar
I had the purple see-through GBC. Got a silver GBA after that, skipped the SP and got a blue DS. Somehow lost the DS (I have no idea how!) and then got a DS Lite. After that broke, no more consoles. I once had a PS1 and a PS2, but those either died or got thrown out. A better question would be did anyone here ever own a power glove.
Pokémon Crystal (I believe) was the first Pokémon game I ever played. I had Conker on GBC, some sort of Santa game and a few others (not that I can remember them.)

I had the original gameboy black and white. So yeah, that was old school. I used that little guy for long commutes to and from college. Makes the time go by quicker on the bus.

The only reason I got a Gameboy Color was to play Pokemon. Currently, my only DS games are still just Pokemon. I might as well just call it my Pokemon Machine.

Reactions: devilishomar
I had one! It was yellow. I played a lot of Pokemon. I also had a lot of cartoon games, like Barbie. I was really young when I had the GameBoy Color, so you can't get mad at me for having games like that. I was too young to know that they weren't that great. I also had a PowerPuff Girls game and some kind of Rugrats game. I don't remember the names of the two specifically, I just remember them from old memories. I played a lot of weird games in general, with the exception of Pokemon.

I remember (I don't know if you guys did or not) but whenever I had my Gameboy with me and I had my games etc in a bag or case (can't remember which I had), I always carried a packet of AA batteries. I don't know how much Mum spent on batteries but it must have been over $200 in total including the cost of batteries for my GBA.

I had a yellow Gameboy Color for years. I started with Pokemon Blue and eventually worked my way up to Pokemon Gold and some other games that I just didn't care about. Yeah, I pretty much had the game for Pokemon. However, when we were moving away from North Carolina since my dad was going to Iraq, I gave it to him since by then the Game Boy Advance was already out and he'd probably need it more than me anyway.

I never had the Gameboy Color. I had the original Gameboy. It was glorious at the time. I mean, a Nintendo that you could hold in your hand and play? Seriously, that was great!

I mostly played Pokémon Red to. The only game I had for Gameboy Color was Pokemon. That game will forever be classic. I favor those throw back games more then some of the games out today. With the old games you can see were your going more vividly and your surroundings.

Yup, I did indeed own a Gameboy Color back in the day! (Now I mostly play on the Nintendo 3DS though). And I completely agree with you! The main reason as to why I bought a Gameboy Color was because of the Pokemon series :)

Reactions: jsscjcbs
Heck yes. I remember synching with other kids to battle in Pokemon. They'd always get mad that I'd win all the time because all of my Pokemon were at level 100. I used that multiplying cheat with Missingo on Cinnabar Island. :D

I never owned either the Gameboy or the Gameboy color because they were a bit too expensive for us at the time and also we never were that interested in it anyway. I much preferred Sega as a console when they came out so we always preferred to have a Game Gear but unfortunately that was also a bit too expensive for us at the time as well but thankfully we already had a console to keep us busy.

I got my Gameboy Color back when I was 5 years old, and my first game I ever owned for it was Pokemon Gold. I had quiet the collection of game for the Color, which I'm glad I am still able to use on my Advance and DS. One thing I always found to be one of the Gameboy Color's best traits was the battery life. I remember on just 2 double A batteries, it would last me about 3 days compared to the new consoles that die in only a few hours. :p While I may play the 3DS a lot nowadays, I sometimes find it fun to dust off the good old Color. You can't forget about the classics!

No, I never did have a gameboy color, but I didn't really feel like I was missing out on it either, personally. I played on a few friends, but I never had my own.

I went up to GBA SP. Mainly played Mario Kart and Pokemon. Still remember the rage that happens when I forget to charge it before bringing it to the toilet with me. Ah, those were the days.