Credits

GamerPerson

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
Ok, so I joined relatively recently, (about sometime last week, in fact!), and I'm a bit confused with what do we do with credits.

I've searched the forums here and looked in terms of services and help, but I'm still at a loss. Can someone please clear this up for me? Do we use them to buy things? Are we allowed to cash them out? What's the purpose this? Are they trophies?

I look forward to a speedy reply! :D

Reactions: Zaney
I've been wondering this too, some information about the credits system would be greatly appreciated! :)

I don't really know, but they seem like more of a karma system? Like people respect users with more credits? Haha I don't really know. :D

It's a new addition and there's no response to this situation yet but I believe it's for future events. Looks like a fun addition, but for now, we have to wait!

Ok, Greenwelch, thanks for the reply. If they do give it to people to give free money, I'm all for it! So far, I'm loving the community, I haven't had any run ins with jerks on this form; so it's so far, so good. Thanks for all the replies, guys. Hopefully, one of the mods will talk about this when the time is right!

I think it could be a mini-game or something? It's got 'withdraw', 'steal' and 'transfer' - so who knows. Hopefully some information comes through in the next week or two, it seems like a good idea but it depends on how it's used.

I think they will use it as some sort of points system where the more you contribute to the forum the more you are awarded. And perhaps it can be used to redeem stuff later on. Admin stated that they are in the process of upgrading.

A better question should be, has anyone actually seen the admin active on here? I'd really like to see what these credits can be used for, but honestly don't see any purpose or use for them now at the present time.

Well, I guess for now, they can be a fun little game. Maybe a suggestion of a game zone will be helpful too? You know, some place where you go on teams and play keep away with your points and the team with the most points get a prize? I think that would be a good idea. What do you guys think?

Well. Sirs / Ma'ams. If you check your Transactions by going under Credits. You may or may not see a transaction that says "Read Thread - Spent $0.00" Maybe there will be an option to make a thread have a cost to view...similar to stealing, but more....

Edit: We can also cashout, I have cashed out just a few minutes ago. I will get back to you as soon as the transaction goes through (fake money, I am 100% sure....unless....IZI MONIES?)

Edit 2 : I also see a Transaction called ' Thread Viewed ', and the amount spent was also 0.00

Well. Sirs / Ma'ams. If you check your Transactions by going under Credits. You may or may not see a transaction that says "Read Thread - Spent $0.00" Maybe there will be an option to make a thread have a cost to view...similar to stealing, but more....

Edit: We can also cashout, I have cashed out just a few minutes ago. I will get back to you as soon as the transaction goes through (fake money, I am 100% sure....unless....IZI MONIES?)

Edit 2 : I also see a Transaction called ' Thread Viewed ', and the amount spent was also 0.00

Thanks for the reply, qadassa! Appreciate the additional input. If it is real money, that would be awesome. Just when I thought this site couldn't get more awesome! But if not, I don't mind it, either way. This site is fun and I like it.

Sorry I was trying to ignore this thread as I havent fully implimented the credit system. I will be adding hundreds of features to the credit system but it has been a slow implimentation. I wanted to see how credits would work around the site before I unveiled the benefits of it other than showing off how much $ you own ;)

Ill post something in the announcements section, hopefully this weekend, to explain it all :)

I think this sums it up pretty nicely:

skrilla3.gif

Reactions: valiantx
I saw another user's forum signature was "purchased" using the currency, as well as their title. I have a feeling that there will be a whole bunch of little cosmetic bits that can be added to your profile/account as you earn more of the currency. Perhaps expanded to some sort of tipping system for good behaviour/discussion as well.

We are still adding some features to the Credits system so it is not 100% yet. But if you click on the STORE link at the top of the page, you can spend credits. Basically the more you use the forums, the more features you unlock.

OK, thank you for the answer snake, I am checking the store now to see what I can buy with my credits, money in the bank is doing nothing. :)

I discovered today that credits can be stolen. I logged in to find that all credits had been stolen by a user and then spent. Not that I care for imaginary points, but it seems somewhat destructive to the community to include such a feature. From there, I was able to see that you can steal from anyone without much difficulty and apparently without limit.

Not my thing.

I will write up a credit and store post shortly..
I discovered today that credits can be stolen. I logged in to find that all credits had been stolen by a user and then spent. Not that I care for imaginary points, but it seems somewhat destructive to the community to include such a feature. From there, I was able to see that you can steal from anyone without much difficulty and apparently without limit.

Not my thing.
Sorry you got robbed from.. I will document this option in more detail..

Sorry I was trying to ignore this thread as I havent fully implimented the credit system. I will be adding hundreds of features to the credit system but it has been a slow implimentation. I wanted to see how credits would work around the site before I unveiled the benefits of it other than showing off how much $ you own ;)

Ill post something in the announcements section, hopefully this weekend, to explain it all :)

Thank you so much, I'm actually very confused about it as well.

I personally was curious and tried to cash out and withdraw $240 a few moments ago and that set it back to $0.00, but I doubt I'll end up receiving that money. I'm still very confused about it, but I'm anxious to hear what the site moderators come up with for the site!