Best Party Video Games

prose

Registered
Oct 15, 2015
Sometimes we will set up a video game party, where we will have people over and play one video game all night long as a large group. We've had success with the Rock Band games, we have the guitar, bass, microphone, and drumset to go with it. Its fun to watch people try to figure out how to work the instruments for the first time. We've also had success with Wii sports. I feel that these games are easily playable for a large group of people taking turns. Do you ever get together with groups of people to play video games? What other party video games can you recommend for a large group of people with various interests?

SUPER SMASH BROS! Get as many controllers as possible and you can have a great time with friends. Super Smash Bros is truly a great party game.

I'd go for the Just Dance series of games. Now, that's a party game! The music, the dancing, the euphoria of gaining points for doing them, that's where videogames and partying come together. One of the most successful dance-o-rama games ever.

I've never really been a lover of the more traditional party games if you want to call them that, and when people come round we usually stick a sports title on and just take turns in competing against each other that way.

After a few beers and a pizza it tends to get more and more competitive as the night goes into early morning sometimes!

I'll have to go with Wii Sports, especially Tennis. Just make sure that the controller is secured to your wrist, or someone will end up with a black eye. Almost happened to me, but luckily it only grazed my head.

I've found that the best party games are generally either fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, or Super Smash Brothers, racing games like Mario Kart, or musical games like Rock Band.

And I can also think of a few additional great party games that don't fall neatly into any of those three broad categories: Spy vs Spy, Smash TV, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, etc.

What do these games have in common that make each a great party game? They're simply fun, often action-packed games that encourage as many simultaneous players as possible and facilitates regularly changing up who gets to be one of those players! Watching one or two of the same people play the same less-than-action-packed game can often get dull rather quickly!

The best party/multiplayer games that I have played through the years include Super Smash Brothers, Ready 2 Rumble, Goldeneye 007, Street Fighter II Turbo, Wave Racer 64 and Mario Kart. All these games had three things in common - great gameplay, highly addicting and highly competitive.

Almost anything multiplayer with Mario on the box - Mario Party, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., etc. They're typically fun, immersive games that you can pick up and play relatively easily. Smash Bros. is especially good in this regard, 'cause I find fighting games to be big hits at parties, but most of them only allow two players at once. Not so with Smash Bros.

Back when I was in high school, Goldeneye was the game to play during social settings. Good times. I also found the Resident Evil games to be a lot of fun with lots of people around, 'cause tension built on tension and turned otherwise unruly crowds into fearful wussies as they waited for the next jump scare.

Sports games such as FIFA can work well as party games also, especially if your all playing with your favourite teams against each other, that can add a competitive edge to things.

Sports games such as FIFA can work well as party games also, especially if your all playing with your favourite teams against each other, that can add a competitive edge to things.
Yep, my friends and I also will play FIFA when we get together. Sports games works quite well as a party game really. You can play 2v2 against each other, and when there's enough people in the room, you can set up a cup tournament or a league tournament and I find out who win.

In my case, it's FIFA and PES. My friends are huge fans of soccer stuff, so it's unsurprisingly our first choice. We usually play the tournament mode. Works good for us.

The golf games are often good for this type of scenario aswell. Tiger Woods or the Rory McElroy golf from EA as its been rebranded make good party games, even if you don't like golf.

You can have as many players as you want in a round of golf, all taking it in turns to take your individual shots, create and save your own individual characters aswell to represent you...definitely worth giving a go for those who haven't yet.

I think the best ones are those where you can play multiplayer, with limited time per match. The guys in my country normally play Fifa, they gather a bunch of guys, go to someone's house and spend the entire afternoon playing. Fighting games are good as well.