Been out of gaming for too long.

Andre3k

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Longview, WA
I've been out of the game for awhile now, somewhere around 6 months. It's terrible. I need to jump back in. Someone help me!

Ok. Noteworthy games that came out last holiday season are...

GTA LCS (PSP)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (everything)
FEAR (PC)
Call of Duty 2 (PC, 360)
Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
SOCOM 3 (PS2)
The Warriors (PS2, Xbox)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Castlevania (DS)
Mario Kart DS (DS)

The Xbox 360 came out, millions wanted one, 400,000 got one, games were ok-but-not-great, there were some overheating issues in some consoles but they were wildly overblown. Nintendo DS is selling like crazy, and a new version is coming out called the DS Lite, and everyone loves DS wi-fi (but everyone cheats). PSP isn't selling like crazy, and has firmware upgrades EVERYWHERE. PS3 is being speculated to be $900 to produce, and will probably sell around there, alongside this is a highly likely 6-12 month delay, which caused a notable drop in Sony stock, and they cancelled that ugly-ass boomerang controller they showed at E3. Nintendo Revolution is coming out before Thanksgiving, being speculated to cost 150-200, but is only guaranteed to be under 300, however this also comes with the weakest graphics of the next-gen consoles (it'll probably just barely edge out the regular Xbox), a lack of HD support, no internal hard drive and some other issues, however it will include a built in wifi-compatibility feature (free for all first party titles), and will allow you to download old games, but the only guaranteed launch titles ATM are Tecmo Golf, Smash Bros Revolution, New IP (a new Nintendo-made franchise) and a couple others, but they do have a guaranteed installment in almost every franchise. E3 is coming up in May, where the PS3 and Revolution will get their price tags and release dates announced, as well as some game footage (finally).

There are several noteworthy current-gen games just over the horizon, being...

MLB2k6 (everything)
MGS3 Subsistence (PS2)
King of Fighters Neowave (Xbox)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Xenosaga 3 (PS2)
Suikoden 5 (PS2)
Driver (PS2, Xbox)
And about 30 Naruto games.

Handhelds are getting many noteworthy games being...

Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Dragon Ball Advance (GBA)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)
Tetris DS (DS)
Metal Gear Acid 2 (PSP)
Mega Man PU (PSP)
Splinter Cell: Essentials (PSP)

And the Tokyo Gameshow 2005 is best summed up as this....

METAL%20GEAR%20SOLID%204.jpg

and this....

revolution-controller-at-a-glance-2.jpg

And THAT is the last 6 months of gaming news. I'm Spudly. Signing off.

Now, don't forget about Gears of War and The Outfit for 360.....and also, very important, Asylum is a Halo 2 God!!!

yeah MGS3:Sub is something I am going to check out(as you can tell I am way too lazy to type) I have to get a system first....too broke right now.