Armored Core

kurruption

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Da Hood, Beeyatch
what do people think of this series. I just picked up Silent line and think it's a decent game. I especially like all the customization.

I have a copy of one of the AC games lyiing around my apartment somewhere, but never popped it into my machine. Heard the game is for robot junkies though, lots of technical stuff. I do have a question though: Can I get a spoiler and some rims for my Mech in the new AC?

I picked up Armored Core 2, and I did not like it at all. The customizations, for me, were very confusing. And the fighting was...well, it felt funny. I only like watching people who are good at this game play.

I've only playd AC 2. it took awhile to get the hang of the controls. It was fun and addicting but dang it was difficult. Looking forward to trying AC Nexus. Any AC fans play it yet?

I was a big fan of the AC series on the PS1. I'm a giant robo freak and love all of the customization. However, I picked up AC2 a while back for $5 and I can't believe how bad the controls seem after such a short amount of time... it's just so hard to move and aim properly. I've heard that the newer games have fixed this so I'll pick one up someday.

The formula is great, though. Varied missions and the arena battles, tons of customization with several different possible archetypes. What's realy nice is that there's no penalty for buying and selling parts; you never lose money by selling parts. If you don't like your AC, you can just sell everything and start fresh.

My favorite recent giant robo game, though, is hands-down Front Mission 4.