Any Christians?

the_roach said:
Questions of curiosity for anyone:

1) Do you believe your faith/religion/belief is the correct one, the right one? Why?
2) Why does the most supreme, perfect being want or need to be worshipped or praised, recognized?
3) If God is omnibenevolent, why is there evil? (That's probably one of the more common questions, but I haven't read many religious debates on the internet.)
4) Is your religious conviction strong enough that you would be able to sacrfiice the life of a significant other if it was required of you?

1. No I can honestly say no. I'm a Christian, and to me it's foolish. I was rasied in a baptist church and I've alwaysed questioned my faith. Not in God himself but in my religion. How can anyone say their religion is the right one when we all have a God to abide by. Each one of my friends all have a beleif in something other then mine. We have only talked about this once, and each time the same question and answer comes up. My religion is not right but at the same time neither is yours. I guess it really comes down to what you wish to beleive in. Which point of veiw you see God in. And thats were you can find the religon for you.

2. That is another Bull**** question I could never answer. So I posed one myself. Why do you feel the need to worship anything? Why do you want to worship something? If you can not prove it is there then why do it? Again it comes down to what you want to beleive in.

3. Well I guess it is because there is good. It's like light and dark you can't have one with out the other. But the question is how do define evil? How do you define good? The terrorist we see from the middle east beleive in a God right. So to them they are doing God's work. To them they are doing good. To us we see that as evil. So whos right in this situation. Again it comes down to what you belive in. Evil is something that we see as bad. But can evil be good too, or vise-versa. If evilis being unholy then by all means we are all evil in our own ways.

4. So you are asking if I think it is moraly right to kill in the name of my God. My answer is NO. Unless God comes down and tells me infront of millions of ppl face to face then NO. I see no point. If killing is a sin ( by any religous standard ) then why do we do it. Wars, ramndom, death penalty, all of these actions are considered to be murder. Weather you call it revenge or not it's all murder.

the_roach said:
Note to everyone: Feel free to go back and answer the first set of questions if you want.

5) Does God have any kind of motive for creating existence, or is God beyond motives?

6) Why does God feel it is necessary to punish? What do you think that implies about God?

More later probably, I have to go for a while.

5. I think not. Maybe he was board with his own life. Or maybe he dose not exist and scientist are right. Maybe he is a she, and the reason for existence is nothing. So what are our motives to exist?

6. I guess it is a test of faith. But then which faith is the right one to belive in? If your faith is being tested how do you know that you have chosen the right faith? Truth is we all get Sh***ed on no matter what. Either it's the Devil testing how much you belive in God or God testing how much you belive in him. So which brings us back to why is there evil. So being that God punishes does that now make him evil. Testing ones soul so much can make a person go insane.

I don't know, and I seriously doubt anyone can give me the right answer. Till then I have to belive in what I can only belive in and nobody can takt that away or change that. The reson I've posted so many questions is because you have to ask your self this. With out asking you may be foloowing the wrong religon. Now some my say that I am wrong for saying this. But I dare not to challange ones faith on anything unless they themselves have asked them same question I've asked.

the_roach, are you a reader? I have two books for you to read. Mere Christianity and The Problem with Pain by C.S. Lewis. Although a christian writer, Lewis wasn't always a Christian, as a matter of fact he calls himself "The Reluctant Convert". These books answer a lot of your questions because Lewis has those exact same ones.

I am sure you will enjoy.

Yeah, I like to read, but I'm stubborn when it comes to things people suggest to me directly. I have to come to something on my own terms and time. :p There's a part of my that is trying to derive ways of thinking about things from pure thinking, not consulting and synthesizing the views of others.

The questions are basically to see what arguments people would use or how they would argue. I was hoping to spur an intelligent debate that would grow from those questions.

I'll make you deal. I will answer your questions if you don't argue symantics, nitpick sentences, throw up strawmen, or call names. Is that cool?

1) Do you believe your faith/religion/belief is the correct one, the right one? Why?

Yes I do. I say this because I do not simply believe in God, I have an active and personal relationship with him. It may sound conceited, but I do not believe in God, I know God. This means that he is so real to me that I can not percieve reality without Him. However, having said that I believe that is 100% possible for an Animist living in some jungle somewhere to be saved and never hear the name Jesus. God is not interested in religion but relationship, and I believe we are all made with a God-shaped hole that only He can fill. Thus, if someone truly desires to know God, then God will find them and begin that relationship even if they don't do the proper Christian steps of saying the sinner's prayer, being baptized and joining a church.

2) Why does the most supreme, perfect being want or need to be worshipped or praised, recognized?

God does not need to be worshipped, but you are right He does want it. I define worship as giving our complete attention and devotion to something . In a moment of worship our entire will is focused to one point. I strongly, strongly believe that God giftend humanity with free will. This means that the only thing that God in his power does not have total control over is the thoughts and actions of people. Thus, the only thing we can truly give God, the only way we can truly show our love to him is by worshiping him, willingly choose to give our will to him. God wants a deep relationship based on love. Through the sacrifce of his son, Jesus, God has already offered his perfect love to us, and worship is the way that we can display our love back to Him.

3) If God is omnibenevolent, why is there evil? (That's probably one of the more common questions, but I haven't read many religious debates on the internet.)

Evil is often the result of someone's bad choice. We live in a fallen world where people know the difference between right and wrong and willfully choose to do wrong (which is defined as sin). When people sin, this can cause evil actions, to happen. As I stated God has given us free will, which means we have the right to choose wrong, and unfortunatly those evil actions often hurt people. It is not fair when children are molested, women raped, and people murdered, but it would be even more unfair if God chose to take away people's free will to prevent evil.
The harder question is why do bad things happen like the tsunami of 2004 or Hurricane Katrina. I believe that also goes back to the fact we live in a fallen world, If one is to beleive the Biblical creation account (which I do) then it is told that people were meant to live protected in a paradise. However, we were instead cast out into the world. A world that has natural rules and systems. Unfortuantly these systems sometimes cause disasters.

4) Is your religious conviction strong enough that you would be able to sacrfiice the life of a significant other if it was required of you?

I can not imagine how such a possibility could exist. If this question is referencing the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice Issac, then that would not happen again, because Jesus was the last sacrifice. However, if there were some hypothetical situation where someone had a gun to my wife's head, and said he would kill her unless I denied Jesus. I would like to think that I would still not reject my faith, and she would do the same if the situation were reversed.

I want to take that question head on. I did sacrifice the life of a significant other - my daughter.

DSC00144.jpg

pookabeachpalm.jpg

She was born asphyxiated. Doctors told my wife and I to say good-bye to her just HOURS AFTER SHE WAS BORN. Most of you cannot even comprehend this sort of situation. Before 1/13/04, I couldn't have.

My faith in the Living God saved my daughter, but I had to sacrifice her. I had to put her on that altar and say, "God, here she is. I accept your judgement on her, and I praise you for at least letting me touch her."

He answered me by healing her and making her whole physically.

To anyone who would say that there is no God, I ask them to explain why my daughter lives when science could do nothing for her.

PRAISE HIM!

SeanXor said:
I'll make you deal. I will answer your questions if you don't argue symantics, nitpick sentences, throw up strawmen, or call names. Is that cool?

I had not planned on responding in depth to the questions or the responses to those questions, just open up a discussion. Hopefully I provided no reason to think that I would do those things.

But I will say a few things about what you said. Instead of worship, is it not acceptable to love God--given God's existence as most Christians believe--like you would a father or something, since that's basically what he is? You don't worship him, but you do love him. I can't imagine this necessary being of existence feeling like it is missing out on something by not being worshipped as a supreme being by its creation. That's what humans do--they have petty thoughts and jealousies when it comes to people having deep relationships with others and not themselves. God, being a transcendent being, should be beyond that.

And I'm glad you didn't say God punished the people of the New Orleans through Katrina, that it is a result of natural things. :p

And yes, I was basically referring to the Abraham thing. So, in the case of Hardcore, it's kind of different with your daughter in that regard. But, however you take the question is how you take it--part of the discussion, so continue the debate if are so inclined.

Wow this topic is wayy too hardcore for MG.

I am a Christian, I pray everyday, I try to read the Bible whenever I think about it and I'm in the midst of trying to find a church. Until then I watch a few televangelists, and try not to completely mess all over the ten commandments.

I leave the preaching to those who led by God to do so. I also leave my philosophy's on religion, and God at the door in any conversation, cause I think ones spirituality is a quest that they have to ultimately take alone, and the only thing other people can do is give them a heads up on whats out there.

Why the hell can't you guys make interesting topics about video games?

First of two: Intro

This is my first post on MG, and I'm sorta jumping into this discussion a bit late, but I would still like to reply, mainly to ActionHank's, primarily because he was the lost to post and the first I can reply to without needing to read all seven pages.

But first, lemme give some bg info on me.

I'm 15, and got into Xbox Live not long after Live got started. After working up nearly 700 hours (no, I did not have a life back then), mostly with my clan, the stats got reset, and I kept building. I played Rainbow Six 3 hardcore like I was insane, then moved to RS3:BA, then to Halo 2 and Ghost Recon 2. The clan, whose leader was in the first room I ever entered (which happened to be the first room HE ever entered), was highly notorious and well known throughout the RS3 Live community - the Clan 392, led by Big Pimpin392 and Hot Sauce 392. We hanged out with and frequently played some of the best on Live, including PMS, Woodgrain, the Turtles, ICE (a splinter cell of 392), and many others I can't remember. We reached number one on the teamcompete.com rankings for three consecutive seasons, and got well into the playoffs for two of those three. After Greg (the leader) got shipped out with the Navy, I took over 392 and led it to number one on the RS3:BA Live and teamcompete.com ladders, Halo 2 Live ladder, and GR2 teamcompete.com ladder.

I have recently stopped using Live and won't continue until later on this year when I get my Xbox 360.

I just wanted to mention all this to let you know that I do have the gaming experience and have been well around the block throughout the community. Just because I'm 15 does not disqualify me from the chance to speak and be heard.

Just letting you know, thanks.

Second of two: Reply

Now to post an actual reply to this topic and to ActionHank's comment.

First, I am a Christian. I was raised Baptist and Church of Christ, but never actually got the "Christian experience." I just did what most people who like to consider themselves Christians do - I went to go and say I went. But then again, I was a child. And therefore, I never truly got the idea of Christ and Christianity. As I got older, my eyes were opened more widely to the abusiveness and alcoholism of my father, the pain of losing friends, and the tragedies faced through life. I lost hope, and considered suicide as a true possibility for the first time while I was in fifth grade. Throughout middle school and my first year of high school, I lost a few friends to suicide, felt the pain of several more who cut, lost many more to them having to move, suffered depression myself, and cut my ties with the world. Last year, during the second semester of my freshman year, I was invited to church with one of my best friends. Several weeks later, I was saved, and was baptised on April 9, 2005. I went through Spiritual and mental turmoil for the next several months, but finally found an honestly personal and Spiritual relaitonship with God and His Son, Jesus Christ, towards the end of the year last year, right around my 15th birthday.

Since then, I have been sold out, considered a "Jesus Freak" (proudly), stayed in the church I was saved at, Northside Assembly of God, and helped bring several of my best friends from the punk, goth, and gangster communities (all three of which I either grew up in or established myself in) and into Jesus' loving arms.

And I don't feel that this topic is "way too hardcore for MG," as ActionHank seems to. Why would it be? The gaming community is one of the biggest roadblock for the lost. And I say that from experience and truth. Far too few true Christians are online within the gaming community to spread God's word. That fact is so for a good reason, but it still remains. Christians stay outside of the gaming world because of the vulgarity, the violence, and the fact that many are cast out of the groups because they show their faith. I enjoyed the games and spent several hundred (over a thousand before the end of it) hours online because of the belonging I felt knowing I had friends there that I could talk to, hang out with, and, honestly (and on a lighter note), wreak havoc with. (I still enjoy getting on Halo 2 and RS3 from time to time to tear apart some enemies.) But I turned it down later because I found out that while I was trying to grow within my faith, I couldn't while around the folks who I avoided in real life. At school, I tend to not hang out with those who constantly cuss, swear, and talk about immoral things. So why would I, or any other true Christian, hang out with someone online who does? I don't see the reasoning.

Also, when I found my faith personally, I stopped cussing, fighting, and doing many of the things most people within my clan and friends list did. As I did so, people asked why, I announced my faith, and I lost many people on Live. My clan co-leader stood beside me, however, and he's one of few. The gaming world is actually one of the neediest places for evangelism, and that is why this topic actually belongs on MG.

And also, ActionHawk, why would you venture into a topic arena titled "Off-topic Discussion" and comment on a post titled "Any Christians?" if you don't want to see it? It just doesn't make sense.

Thanks, Peace, and God Bless,
~The~SurendrdSeraph~12~

7) What is the appeal to associate militant words like "army" and "soldier" with a firm belief in God?

8) If you are a true believer so to speak, and you try to lead the righteous/moral life, do you believe there are true nonbelievers out there who are more righteous/moral than yourself, or do you believe true nonbelievers have the capacity to be more righteous/moral than believers without a personal relationship or acknowledgement with/of God?

9) If I created a cussword, and it caught on and became socially taboo to use it, would God disapprove?

10) When you read accounts of history, do you wonder if that is really how it happened? How do you feel about events further back in time when you consider the difficulty in learning the truth of events that happened only half a century ago, or even last month?

I know the last question really deals with religion indirectly in context of this topic, but I'm still curious how people feel about the subject of what can be known (filtered through their worldview).

I would like to commend Seraph. The urge for suicide is hard to resist for a lot of kids now adays especially with depression but controlling your emotions shows true spirtual power. I myself like online mainly becuase I dont need to see what people look like. Id rather just talk to them without them having to make an attemp to be "cool" or not saying anything because there different or rejected at there school. But I differ on one thing. I think you should hang around the people you dont act like because as a Christian it is your duty to show others others the truth of God and convert non-believers though many think its pointless its still your suty to try.

But oo oo now I want to tell my online story! I am 14 years old, born 1991 on August 18 in Anchorage, Alaska as Timothy Weise (I spelt weise wrong because i typed to fast). I had a brother and a sister that were a lot older than me. My Mom and dad were never married and some things happened and what-not but now i live with my dad and my mom lives in spokane and my siblings are already grown up. But anyways Ive gone to catholic school my whole life so far, so I am fairly educated in the teachings of my church and Faith. I started to play online before xbl on the ps2 when i was 11? it think. I started on tribes arial aussalt as Last Refuge. I rented SOCOM 2 navy seals from blockbuster a few weeks later and loved it with my next name Five star General.I bought the game later and Made the name That would stick. General_Weise, after my Popop William Weise, beacuse my last names weise and he was a general so i just decided to make it and i kept it. I played countless hours for 2 years on that game as general weise. I went through my glitching period and different phases on the game but its been a while and ive forgotten what happened. Ive been on one of the top ten clans before, Started a few of my own, and was a Captain. Im more than good at games but im not the best. When International server came out a while after i started socom I made a different account and through deceit i broke up the largest pistol clan. I didnt play xbl until halo 2 came out. Ive been playing since then on General_Weise, but since I got the 360 Ive have tranferred to General 360. Im a 31 legit. I used to glitch a lot on halo and could do anything until mods came out. Ive been through every update and have seen halos goods and bads. I never modded and hate them because there is no skill involved in modding. I dont noob even if the other team is, dont play with stanbyers/cheaters, and dont playwith people way better than me. I have principals and believe through example I can lessen the amount of newb combos and cheaters. Im very experianced. Well thats about it. (tha was a long story short :) )

O and Seraph,

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goe home. Then he calls his freinds and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner that repents han over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."- Luke 15:4-7

My facorite parable

Last edited:
SurendrdSeraph12 said:
And also, ActionHawk, why would you venture into a topic arena titled "Off-topic Discussion" and comment on a post titled "Any Christians?" if you don't want to see it? It just doesn't make sense.
~

First the name is ActionHank. Second, its not a question of me wanting to see it, it was more or less a question of why is this being discussed in the first place. I am all for religious talk, but from most of my experiences on the subject, people can't intelligently get their point across without attacking someones religious or lack of religious beliefs. Hence why I do not prefer to get too deep into the subject, hence why I did not.

My statement still stands, make some actual video game related posts. These fourms need that more than religion discussions.

ActionHank said:
First the name is ActionHank. Second, its not a question of me wanting to see it, it was more or less a question of why is this being discussed in the first place. I am all for religious talk, but from most of my experiences on the subject, people can't intelligently get their point across without attacking someones religious or lack of religious beliefs. Hence why I do not prefer to get too deep into the subject, hence why I did not.

My statement still stands, make some actual video game related posts. These fourms need that more than religion discussions.

First, sorry and excuse me Hank. That is what I meant but I was typing at like... lightspeed, so I mistyped it. Second, I don't disagree with your dislike for religious talk on this type of forum, but it is not an attack, it is a discussion. If it were a topic for attack, I would disregard it anyway. Three, there are plenty of video game discussions here for you to find. Four, there are plenty of other forums that are nothing but game discussions. But I'm not trying to bash you now, nor was I earlier, I'm just stating and offering my two cents. Thanks, peace.

the_roach said:
7) What is the appeal to associate militant words like "army" and "soldier" with a firm belief in God?

Being a soldier requires discipline, hard work, and loyalty. So does having faith in God.

8) If you are a true believer so to speak, and you try to lead the righteous/moral life, do you believe there are true nonbelievers out there who are more righteous/moral than yourself, or do you believe true nonbelievers have the capacity to be more righteous/moral than believers without a personal relationship or acknowledgement with/of God?

No, and no. They have the ability to ACT more moral than I, and I know some nonbelievers who act a lot better than I, but without God, it's for nothing.

9) If I created a cussword, and it caught on and became socially taboo to use it, would God disapprove?

As the words out of your mouth come from your heart, yes, I'm reasonably sure God would disapprove of it.

10) When you read accounts of history, do you wonder if that is really how it happened? How do you feel about events further back in time when you consider the difficulty in learning the truth of events that happened only half a century ago, or even last month?

I love archaeology, especially Bible archaeology. It proves that what was written has passed, and is coming to pass. In time, all truths will be uncovered. I wonder how things happened in a "I wish I was there" sense, but as to events, I have what has been written. That's good enough for now.

I'd also like to add a couple of things here.

First off, I'd like to show my thanks to the Mygamer staff for allowing this to continue. There are a lot of sites out there that will refuse to hear ANYTHING about religion, especially Christianity. I appreciate you allowing us to discuss.

Lastly, I'd like to give my thanks to the people in this thread and those that have been reading. You're keeping it nice and calm in here, and I appreciate that, whether you believe in Christ or not. Thank you for not turning this into a heated arguement.

Last edited:
Agreement and Comments

General_Wiese said:
I would like to commend Seraph. The urge for suicide is hard to resist for a lot of kids now adays especially with depression but controlling your emotions shows true spirtual power. I myself like online mainly becuase I dont need to see what people look like. Id rather just talk to them without them having to make an attemp to be "cool" or not saying anything because there different or rejected at there school. But I differ on one thing. I think you should hang around the people you dont act like because as a Christian it is your duty to show others others the truth of God and convert non-believers though many think its pointless its still your suty to try.

But oo oo now I want to tell my online story! I am 14 years old, born 1991 on August 18 in Anchorage, Alaska as Timothy Weise (I spelt weise wrong because i typed to fast). I had a brother and a sister that were a lot older than me. My Mom and dad were never married and some things happened and what-not but now i live with my dad and my mom lives in spokane and my siblings are already grown up. But anyways Ive gone to catholic school my whole life so far, so I am fairly educated in the teachings of my church and Faith. I started to play online before xbl on the ps2 when i was 11? it think. I started on tribes arial aussalt as Last Refuge. I rented SOCOM 2 navy seals from blockbuster a few weeks later and loved it with my next name Five star General.I bought the game later and Made the name That would stick. General_Weise, after my Popop William Weise, beacuse my last names weise and he was a general so i just decided to make it and i kept it. I played countless hours for 2 years on that game as general weise. I went through my glitching period and different phases on the game but its been a while and ive forgotten what happened. Ive been on one of the top ten clans before, Started a few of my own, and was a Captain. Im more than good at games but im not the best. When International server came out a while after i started socom I made a different account and through deceit i broke up the largest pistol clan. I didnt play xbl until halo 2 came out. Ive been playing since then on General_Weise, but since I got the 360 Ive have tranferred to General 360. Im a 31 legit. I used to glitch a lot on halo and could do anything until mods came out. Ive been through every update and have seen halos goods and bads. I never modded and hate them because there is no skill involved in modding. I dont noob even if the other team is, dont play with stanbyers/cheaters, and dont playwith people way better than me. I have principals and believe through example I can lessen the amount of newb combos and cheaters. Im very experianced. Well thats about it. (tha was a long story short :) )

O and Seraph,

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goe home. Then he calls his freinds and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner that repents han over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."- Luke 15:4-7

My facorite parable

Sorry for the long quote, but I wanted to make comments on it, etc.

First, I agree with you that Christians should hang out with the world. This is a topic that a groups of students and I that meets every Tuesday morning at a member's house talk about constantly. We believe that we should "be a part of the world, but not be like the world." I agree with you on that point.

Second, why don't you play with guys better than you? lol. When I got in with the 392 clan, my kill-death ratio was 0.42 (yes, I do remember that exact number) and I had about a thousand kills at that time (which means I had a whoooole lot of deaths, lol). The worst guy in 392 when I joined had about a 1.12. However, after about three months, I'd brought that up to a 0.82. After the stats reset, my ratio never dropped below a 1.63, normally staying right at or over 2.00. And I had my phase of cheating and stuff a loooon time ago when I was about 11, but that was with my domestic computer games that I couldn't play on the net. By the time I good on Live, I was part of a group of guys that we unofficially named the N00b and Action Replay Busters. Basically, we ran around like punks trying to find anybody stupid enough to try using AR or something and destroying em. It was quite enjoyable, lol.

Three, I wrote that parable that you showed on an index card not long after I got saved and kept it in my pocket until it got washed or something a few months later.... and I kept it as my sig on Christian Teen Forums for the longest... I personally love it, but I also enjoy Isaiah's commision story (Isaiah 6), hence my screen name of Surrendered Seraph, Jeremiah's commision, and the description of Heaven in Revelations 21, hence the number 12 (if you'd like, I can explain later or privately).

Haha, yes, long posts, but I have no life, lol... ttyl, peace man, ~The~SurendrdSeraph~12~

Uhh, hey, can we get any atheist or agnostic points of view in here? What's that about the gaming community needing evangelism so bad? :p

Anyway, here's my last question (and most likely my last comments in this thread):

11) If God seeks to have an authentic personal relationship with his creation, why would he reveal that unless you acknowledge or have an authentic personal relationship with him, you will not spend eternity with him after this life?

To me, the knowledge of such a consequence hinders the free-will of Man, because it is basically establishing an ultimatum, and of course choosing God freely is of the utmost importance. Thus, some people begin their relationship with God out of fear, insincerely, influenced. Also, the idea that a nonbeliever can be more consistently moral than the believer yet not matter in God's eye doesn't sit right with me at all. Therefore, I will never be able to follow the teachings of a revealed theology. If I am to ever find God, it will be derived from a natural theology or approach. You cannot throw away reasoning. If God created us, then he created reasoning, so it has to have value, and it is by reason and faith combined that I must find God. That is all.

Rebuttal Towards Roach

the_roach said:
Uhh, hey, can we get any atheist or agnostic points of view in here? What's that about the gaming community needing evangelism so bad? :p

My comments about the gaming community were founded and well-based. Just because no one in this forum is choosing to post on this topic doesn't mean that there aren't athiests and agnostics within the community overall. You're a highly intelligent and intellectual person, and I know you know that, so don't show yourself to be too low to be able to reason that thought. Also, if you actually took the time to read most, if not all, of the posts on this topic (which I know you did), then you also noticed that there are many "Christians" who claim affiliation but do not show it. Those who profess religion with their mouth, yet do not back it with deeds do not believe in that affiliation, though they claim it with their mouth. Basically, on this thread alone there have been several non-Christians who say that they are Christians. And no, I'm not saying I'm the perfect Christian, nor am I saying that everyone that isn't just like me is condemned to Hell. I am saying, however, that those who say, "Yeah, I say I'm a Christian, but I do nothing with it and am still worse than a heathen," have truly deep issues with the Lord.

And because you obviously have a thing for theology, you know what evangelism within Christianity means and who we reach out to, and that those people do flourish and thrive within the realm for video gaming.

Thanks for the refutation, but I don't see the point within your pointless comment... maybe for a reason?

Last edited:
Yes I do have a short tempered and argumentative personality that I try to control but sometimes I get outbursts especially when dealing with religion and Im so used to people telling me the same things about it that I like to put them down before they ever start. Im also to open minded and say things foolish. Indeed it is like I am still a boy. Haha.

O well to respond, I have had freinds who will no longer play with me because they dont want to "lose there rank" even though Im very skilled and most likely better than them, when they get modded up they leave me behind. So, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (Golden rule :bert: ). I play with lower ranks and new people even in slayer if they want. I didnt get online for the satisfaction of two little numbers, I got online for the fun and freinds and gaming. Furthermore his may sound ackward but My definition of "totally" legit is no noob combo, no cheating/modding, no boosting, and no playing with people noticably better than you.
O and I read the chapters (pearly gates) but yes i would like you to explain it. The more knowledge the better. And i would like to comment on what the_roach said. Yes god did make us with reasoning (one of our greatest gifts i think because it coincides with choice). He also put restrictions on what could be reasoned. We have faith in God and that is the Ultimate test of belief. To rely on God without proper reasoning is what sets Christians apart, and is why we trust God so much. Humans will always try to reason things that cannot be reasoned but that will not stop them for such ia the Nature of man to defy God. Not that we try to but Satan has his ways with the weak and strong alike. I do believe that people should not believe in God out of fear or to make themselves look better. I have never asked myself why I believe in God. Why should I? I love God. I love what he teaches. I love his wisdom. Simply put attacking in attacking religion there is no gain, and if turns out there is no heaven so what? You havent done anything wrong (of course im just making a point). Why attack then ten commandments? Dont kill, lie, steal, cheat etc. Are those bad? In conclusion before I begin a rant If you are looking to reason God or figure him out or find proof he exists, you will not and you will face his (hopefully) forgiving judgment in the end for Christianity is based on faith. You are like my Brother. I dont know if you ever believed in god but when i was being born my brother would pray to God in the shower that he would get a brother. And now look at the results. Was that not trust? And now he believes in God no more and trys to find reasons. I will pray for you as I do for him that God may show you a sign. This reminds me of CS Lewis, who in trying to prove that God did not exist, proved that he did.

QUOTE-----First the name is ActionHank. Second, its not a question of me wanting to see it, it was more or less a question of why is this being discussed in the first place. I am all for religious talk, but from most of my experiences on the subject, people can't intelligently get their point across without attacking someones religious or lack of religious beliefs. Hence why I do not prefer to get too deep into the subject, hence why I did not.

My statement still stands, make some actual video game related posts. These fourms need that more than religion discussions.------UNQUOTE

Ok ActionHank, sorry for disrupting this ENTIRE website full od game topics you could read, But since you cant make one thread of space available for God, I geuss We'll just stop talking. Wait a second, What is the topic of this website? Games. What forum are we in? Off-"topic" discussion. No, I dont think I'll stop talking about God. I think I'll talk about God all I want wherever I want because its not only in a off topic forum but because it my right as an american citizen. But Thankyou for caring about video games beyond the the Highest being of them all.