Any Christians?

scribe999 said:
I think some forums are afraid of religion topics because religious debate sometimes can turn nasty and incredibly cruel (unlike this thread, I might add). Personally, I'm not a Christian, but I certainly don't have a problem with people expressing and exploring their faith with calm and rational discourse.

The Internet, unfortunately, is more than just a home for hedonism. Though I'd like to think of it as a gathering place for interesting people and ideas, a lot of time there's a lot of hate and anger expressed online. Religion being so important and intrinsic to a person's sense of self, well, it's tough to keep undue passion out of a discussion if one poster or all of them become discourteous or outright hateful.

Thankfully, it seems like people are all pretty cool on Mygamer.

And Halo is more post-Human rather than post-Modern, don't ya think? teehee :goodvibes

This is true for ANYTHING you debate on the internet. Take a look at the Silent Hill Movie thread ;)

I am Catholic (for all you other denominations you could probably smell me from a mile). I AM Christian, Catholic, Christian. There are denominations people! But really gets me is the catholics that say, Im not christian, Im catholic like F*cking idiots. I have gone to Catholic school for o say 8, 9 years and I have a few things to say! I mean what th... I am a brainwashed obediant slave. Hail the pope. HAhaha jkjkjk. but I hate you fags out there generalizing every Catholic preest as a molester. I mean, when you talk to a PRIEST, and all you can ask yourself is if he rapes kids, your weird. I mean look at the iposcopalians. They let faggots and women lead them and have no leader, there just scattered out like mise. Catholicism may not be completely true (as all denominations) but its damn close.

General_Wiese said:
Religion is trivial to you friend? Then yes, we do digress on matters. And it is not my opinion, it is my faith, and my belief, I would thankyou for taking it seriously.

1. To claim you're a Christian then curse like a sailor in the same breath isn't a good thing. I can't tell you if you're saved or not(not my job), but I know we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard. We're of the world, not in it. Might want to re-read Romans.

2. To attack other denominations isn't helping you. Denominations are human creations. Your denomination, for example, claims that babies that die without being baptized went to hell. Now your pope claims they enter into purgatory - a holding place. The Bible does not agree with that.

3. We're human. A fallen creation. Therefore it stands to say that our creations(denominations) are as fallen, as corrupt as we are. If it is not in God's word, we shouldn't do it. You worship Mary, Christ's mother. She was nothing special other than the fact that God chose her, and that she expressed an inordinate faith in His work. Mary was a sinner, just as I am. The book of Luke even shows that she made a sinner's offering after she gave birth to Christ.

Wiese, consider these things. The rest of you, please do not consider him to be an example of what it is to believe in Christ.

General_Wiese said:
Religion is trivial to you friend? Then yes, we do digress on matters. And it is not my opinion, it is my faith, and my belief, I would thankyou for taking it seriously.
The difference between Catholic, Episcopalian, Jehova's Witnesses, Orthodox, Lutherans, Presbyterian and all the others is just in semantics.

basilmunroe said:
Why is it the new kid that always pees in the pool?

I just got some questioning looks at work because I was laughing so hard at this!

Oh, and good points Hardcore, BUT I find people more willing to discuss beliefs if approached gently and respectfully. I'm not saying I'm good at practicing this, but I know it's the right way of doing it. I admire your passion, though.

And Spuds, Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons and some others are NOT denominations. The differences between them and either Catholicism and Protestants are enormous. Semantics takes place when speaking of the specifics of baptism, communion, role of priests, etc. The identity of Jesus, the cost of sin, and that He is the only way to get to Heaven are fundamentals that are essential to Christianity. I know it can sound complicated, so I'll be happy to explain whatever you ask either here or in PM's.

Last edited:
Darth_Jonas said:
I And Spuds, Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons and some others are NOT denominations. The differences between them and either Catholicism and Protestants are enormous. Semantics takes place when speaking of the specifics of baptism, communion, role of priests, etc. The identity of Jesus, the cost of sin, and that He is the only way to get to Heaven are fundamentals that are essential to Christianity. I know it can sound complicated, so I'll be happy to explain whatever you ask either here or in PM's.
They've got Jesus. They've got get Heaven and Hell. They've got prayer. All the other differences are minor, IMO.

Yeah, JW's believe that Jesus BECAME God, not that he was God to begin with, that He was always apart of the Trinity. That being said, JW's believe that any man can follow that path and earn his way to divinity. That's the identity part I spoke about. Christianity says there is nothing we can do to erase our sins, no amount of good deeds or well meaning, only Jesus.

Questions of curiosity for anyone:

1) Do you believe your faith/religion/belief is the correct one, the right one? Why?
2) Why does the most supreme, perfect being want or need to be worshipped or praised, recognized?
3) If God is omnibenevolent, why is there evil? (That's probably one of the more common questions, but I haven't read many religious debates on the internet.)
4) Is your religious conviction strong enough that you would be able to sacrfiice the life of a significant other if it was required of you?

1) I am a Christian, according to paperwork, I'm Catholic, but I sorta have my own beliefs, many of which go against the Church's teachings...(death penalty, mainly, and some stuff about redemption)
2) If I created the universe, I'd demand sacrifices!
3) I dunno.
4) Ehhh...probably not. If I were a 1930s Jew, I would've signed the paper, not to say I'm gonna ditch my beliefs under pressure, but I'm one of those that would say "no real good will come out of my death if that happens".

1) I believe that my faith is based on facts and truth. I do so because it can't be refuted. Those who truly try to disprove or discredit Christ have always failed and most were converted. I also believe because I have a relationship with Christ and feel Him in my life every day.

2) He needs nothing. He created us for the purpose of having a relationship with Him. He didn't need us, but he made us out of love. It's what Adam and Eve did with Him in the Garden. They had a relationship with Him.

3) The very essence of evil (whether inflicted on self, others, nature, or just opposing God Himself) is that man rebels against God. We must choose to do evil, and by doing so we have rejected our relationship with Him. The penalty is eternal seperation from God (aka Hell). Why is Hell so bad? We were created to have a relationship with God, to be completely isolated from His presence is Hell.

4) I have no idea what I would do if someone put a gun to mine or someone else's head and threatened to pull the trigger unless I denounced Jesus. I would like to think that my faith would be stong enough, like the thousands of martyrs before me.

Note to everyone: Feel free to go back and answer the first set of questions if you want.

5) Does God have any kind of motive for creating existence, or is God beyond motives?

6) Why does God feel it is necessary to punish? What do you think that implies about God?

More later probably, I have to go for a while.

Darth_Jonas said:
1) I believe that my faith is based on facts and truth.

i cant swalow this line. Im not trying to agrue with your beleaf but inorder to call it faith you have to have the knowlage that what you believe in canot be proven true or not. you cant honestly have faith in facts and truth. i dont understand fundmitlsim to this day becouse of this. the reason faith is such a powerfull thing is that your tursting in somthing whole heartly with risk to your self of being wrong. thats faith.

tto beleave to you faith is based on of facts imo is blind fath., and not true faith.

i wish i could convay my feeling on this more clearly but this as good ias i can get it right now.

agean i posted this n the spirt of discution and not as a insult.

Last edited:
the_roach said:
Note to everyone: Feel free to go back and answer the first set of questions if you want.

5) Does God have any kind of motive for creating existence, or is God beyond motives?

6) Why does God feel it is necessary to punish? What do you think that implies about God?

More later probably, I have to go for a while.

these 2 i guess i will awser,

5) does it honesty madder, we are here and we need to make the best of it, thats your destion how. thus is the nature of free will, if you beleave in theat or prdestation ironic is your distion.

6) we make the mistakes we couse the consqenses, we punish ourselves, God alot of time doesn have anything to do with that one. Why do we blame all our falts on God?

Heavyduty said:
i cant swalow this line. Im not trying to agrue with your beleaf but inorder to call it faith you have to have the knowlage that what you believe in canot be proven true or not. you cant honestly have faith in facts and truth. i dont understand fundmitlsim to this day becouse of this. the reason faith is such a powerfull thing is that your tursting in somthing whole heartly with risk to your self of being wrong. thats faith.

tto beleave to you faith is based on of facts imo is blind fath., and not true faith.

i wish i could convay my feeling on this more clearly but this as good ias i can get it right now.

agean i posted this n the spirt of discution and not as a insult.

No offence taken. I understand what you're saying, and I don't disagree with you about the importance of faith. However, I do stand by my statement. To believe something blindly can be dangerous and falacious. I could BELIEVE that the earth is the center of the universe, but that doesn't make it true.

There are facts and logic based off of observation, history, and considering as many angles that I can see. For me, the faith part comes in when I trust in what Jesus said. He used prophecies and miracles to prove his claim to being the Messiah. I trust that my prayers are heard, that the assurance of salvation is real, and that my life isn't about me but about God.

My faith is strengthened by the evidence.

5) Does God have any kind of motive for creating existence, or is God beyond motives? My ability to comprehend why God does or does not do things is very limited, but since we are made in His image, I think that the part of us that strives to create (like art, music, poetry, stories, etc.) comes as a reflection of His creative side.

6) Why does God feel it is necessary to punish? What do you think that implies about God? God punishes because He is Just. How can He be holy and pure if he tolerated injustice? He gave us His laws to abide by. (Consider the Father aspect of his personality). When we rebel against him, we are unholy. Our unholiness cannot exist in his presence. That's why Jesus had to take the punishment for our sins. God doesn't LIKE to punish us by separating us from Him forever, but His very nature demands it.

1.I would first like to make clear like Ive had to a million times to you people, we do not "worship"
Mary. We pray "to" her like you would to a saint, but we dont worship her. She was sinless, and I would like to know which bible you were reading. And to even say that the mother of my savior was a sinner and holds no special place, is blasphemis, and a rude speculation with no supporting facts.

2. And speaking of the bible, reading the bible, and taking everything in it out of context, doesnt make that version what is trying to be said. You study the bible, memorize verses, only to learn NOTHING.

3. If you had noticed to read everything i said i told you catholicism is imperfect, like all denonimations, But go ahead and put lies in my words. We believe that babies that die go to heaven, and FYI, purgatory is a place where you are cleansed of sins before entering heaven, not limbo, and we dont believe in limbo since Vatican 2. And I will attack other denominations because it is my duty to tell people the truth.

4. Adam and eve did create original sin, but to say that humans, made in Gods image, given free will, are fallen is ridiculous. Through the sacrement of Baptism original sin is cleansed from our soul, and although we may be imperfect we are not fallen. Through the sacrament of Reconciliation are sins are forgiven, not by the preist who administers it, but by god. And through the sacrament of the Eucharist God shares his most spacial gift with us- the body and blood of Jesus Christ my saviour, who was crucified and died for this fallen creation to save them. WHY WOULD HE ENDURE SUCH PAIN FOR A FALLEN CREATION? Hold your tongue. And one last thing before i post this and reveal this blasphemers lies, in none of this u barely even mentoned jesus, and if you had you might of thought, hmm, this woman, mary, loves jesus who she has raised and seen grow like any other human mother, and jesus in return loves mary like a mother, and you say she is not special? How hard would it be for your mom if she wathced you tortured to death? It was ten times that for mary.

People, beleive what I say. This Hardcore reads the bible and lists a few verses and calls himself a Christian, then denies the truth and lies. That is all