Any other interests aside from gaming?

maryannballeras

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Aside from gaming, do you also have some other interests? As for me, I love music. I play the acoustic and the bass guitar. Whenever I could, I also like to read books, especially those written by Anne Rice. Of course, I also love browsing the internet. How about you?

Aside from gaming, do you also have some other interests? As for me, I love music. I play the acoustic and the bass guitar. Whenever I could, I also like to read books, especially those written by Anne Rice. Of course, I also love browsing the internet. How about you?
I also enjoy reading books, though I don't read that often as I would like to, partly because I don't have a favorite author. Though when I come upon an interesting book, I find time to read it - even on my lunch breaks.

Ex-Heroes is one of my favorite book series to come out in awhile. They are all really quick reads and pretty well written. The guy knows his shit about zombies and super heroes.

Also fucking around on computers. I do it for a living at this point, but I kind of like digging around and researching how and why shit works on them. Right now I am doing a ton of research into bitcoins.

I enjoy doing MMA, working out, playing piano, anime/manga and my studies. I love to read as well, mostly non-fiction though.

Ex-Heroes is one of my favorite book series to come out in awhile. They are all really quick reads and pretty well written. The guy knows his shit about zombies and super heroes.

Also fucking around on computers. I do it for a living at this point, but I kind of like digging around and researching how and why shit works on them. Right now I am doing a ton of research into bitcoins.

Yep I am into bitcoins huge too right now. I want to learn about the mining process. They say it costs money but how so? I buy bitcoins off and on and even use them at sites like purse.io

I can't believe how it soared to $450/BTC 48 hours ago. I almost sold everything I had but decided against it.

inside a week it went from 340 to 450. right now it is bouncing around 400. The thing that sucks is that it costs a ton to invest in the miners, and then you have to worry that they aren't going to be useful in a couple of months. You have to join a pool to spread the risk between multiple people, and then you are basically getting paid for leaving the machine on. Unless the entire pool gets really lucky that week you are looking around .10 cents an hour for a basic 400gh/s miner. takes about three months to break even. shit can get rough

I like to program, mostly in Java and PHP. Im also a runner so I 'enoy' that(after I stop). Most days I go out with friends after doing homework which is lots of fun.

I love music as well but that's putting it mildly. I wish I could play. I bought my electric guitar years ago but it kinda just sits there collecting dust. Travellng is one of my favorite things to do but I rarely have enough money to go to places I like. I haven't read fanfiction in a while but when I get around to it I like to read it. I also play with my dogs on occasion.

I am a fountain pen collector for about a year and I am loving it so far! There is nothing more satisfying than finding a vintage pen in a thrift shop and bringing it back to life! I also like smoking my tobacco pipe in the afternoon when I want to relax. Of course some people may say that smoking can't be considered a hobby, but if you get into pipes you will realise that there are so many things to learn and do in order to get the perfect smoking experience. There's something special there that you can't find by smoking a cigarette.

Other than gaming, i enjoy watching movies,cooking,surfing the internet and traveling to exotic destinations whenever my tight schedule allows me to. I also enjoy playing the trumpet and every month we have a gig at our local bar.

Reactions: maryannballeras
Other than gaming, i enjoy watching movies,cooking,surfing the internet and traveling to exotic destinations whenever my tight schedule allows me to. I also enjoy playing the trumpet and every month we have a gig at our local bar.

Wait... Someone with real talent? One that the general public at large can see and enjoy?

That isn't fair to the rest of us.

I see that we share similar passions, I love browsing the wide world web, I love reading fiction and short stories, and I enjoy watching a good movie. My passion is writing which I do full time keeping me occupied most of the time. I enjoy playing games when I am with someone because it brings out my competitive nature. I love to travel, sing and so many other things I discover along the way.

inside a week it went from 340 to 450. right now it is bouncing around 400. The thing that sucks is that it costs a ton to invest in the miners, and then you have to worry that they aren't going to be useful in a couple of months. You have to join a pool to spread the risk between multiple people, and then you are basically getting paid for leaving the machine on. Unless the entire pool gets really lucky that week you are looking around .10 cents an hour for a basic 400gh/s miner. takes about three months to break even. shit can get rough

Yea I have been wanting to get a group together to mine. Do you need a state of the art PC to do it ? By break even you mean paying for utility right ? Keeping the machine on and running? I read it can be taxing on the system. I use it a lot at sites like purse.io where people are desperate to convert their Amazon gift credit to coins so I will get a $100 gift card for $75-80 usually. So that is pretty cool. If you got any links about BTC mining please post or PM me bud . Thanks.

I like to program, mostly in Java and PHP. Im also a runner so I 'enoy' that(after I stop). Most days I go out with friends after doing homework which is lots of fun.

Wow something so lucrative and you like it also. That worked out for ya nicely ! I never made it in the world of writing code. I barely passed a Visual Basic course. My mind just isn't wired for it I suppose.

Gaming is on my mind 24/7 but I also enjoy watching anime, collecting figures/toys, reading manga, fanfiction, surfing the net and reading books. Last book I've read is the recent one from the I am Number Four series. I love to play with my dogs. I like to draw and listen to music (JPOP, KPOP, etc.). I'm still working on my 3D Maya skills and I want to learn how to speak fluent Japanese.

Yea I have been wanting to get a group together to mine. Do you need a state of the art PC to do it ? By break even you mean paying for utility right ? Keeping the machine on and running? I read it can be taxing on the system. I use it a lot at sites like purse.io where people are desperate to convert their Amazon gift credit to coins so I will get a $100 gift card for $75-80 usually. So that is pretty cool. If you got any links about BTC mining please post or PM me bud . Thanks.

Ha, you want to talk bitcoin, we can talk bitcoin.

1. At this point don't use your PC. They have specialty "rigs" that are designed on the hardware level to mine shit. Buy one of those. They are more efficient and way cheaper than getting 3-4 of the newest AMD cards (AMD always uses way less power than NVidia on the super high end. Almost always has) and mines almost as fast.
2. Know that you are going to be in the hole for about 3-4 months when you start mining.
3. Before you do anything, how comfortable are you doing strange hardware stuff? One of the steps is literally using a paper clip to short a powersupply to remain on. If you aren't almost 100% sure of yourself, start with some of the lower end stuff.
4. How much is your electric? Do your friends consider the area you live in "cheap"? Hardware is the biggest upfront cost, but you are going to be running several PC Power Supplies (sometimes rather large ones) at very high rates that a PC doesn't normally pull down 24/7.
5. Speaking of hardware, the PSU that you get needs to be "Trusted" by the community. The specs on them that you normally ignore (variance of +/- x%) on the power rating become SUPER IMPORTANT.

As for links:

Calculator:
About how much profit you will make. You can plug in various things when you are looking to build/upgrade.
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

How-Tos:
This is also one of the more central forums of the community:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702653

You can never do enough research or ask enough questions.

I like to read and write. After I got older, I found myself leaning more towards video games and just losing my inspiration to write. :( I'm slowly, but surely, going back to it. As well, as making an rpg game for the heck of it. If I do ever finish it, I'll share it with you guys. ^_^

I got about 1/10th of the way into making an RPG on RPG maker at one point. It wasn't even that I didn't care about what I was writing, but more that I just started to learn so much shit about how the game functioned that I was almost embarrassed two weeks in on how the first area was put together at all.

@gillman - It's all a learning process, gillman. Trust me, my beginning areas were okay, but the transitioning was horrible. You would end up from being in a beach area to a bridge already at a cave. There wasn't a screen where you walked along the bridge to the cave; so you went from A to C, with no B inbetween. Also, I failed at making monsters, so I ended up with very few in there. :/ Of course, like I said, you have to learn. So, don't give up. :)

Creating the maps was awful for me. I started with a small one to learn and kept building on it, then realized that if i ever wanted to make a world map there wasn't ever going to be an easy way to do that. also the way that everything flowed on the end made me look insane. I need to basically start it over from scratch.