Xbox360 vs PS3 ( the big choice!! )

So that would be 2 stars out of 5.....the best thing to come out of Canada was Bret Hart...."The best is, was, and ever will be..."...............I watch way too much wrestling....:weightlif

so what's Mexico? They always show, like two places in movies and both look nice, but then you'll see some pretty crappy places on TV. Would they be 2.5?

wut the hell r u talking about i leave 1 day and ur talking about third world countries and twinkies!

Grantastic75 said:
wut the hell r u talking about i leave 1 day and ur talking about third world countries and twinkies!

That's how they roll man. Semi-serious conversations often devolve into broken chatter about candy and ridicule of Canada. Join in, become one of them.

Don't worry, we'll pick back up with seriousness and BC's ornery comments soon enough. If you want, riddle me this: Do you think it's right for Microsoft (and others) to save money by making their products outside of the US just to save money? It means less expensive 360's for us, but is it morally correct?

Hah, ornery! All i was pointing out was that the $1800 price being floated around for blu-ray players is frm a company that also makes other very, very expensive electronics, so it's not something to hang one's hat on.

I'm not sure what kind of morality you're talking about. electronics production is not the type of job that's done by sweatshop labor, so this isn't the same kind of issue as buying $3 t-shirts at Wal-Mart. There is the issue of U.S. dollars going to foriegn countries, but I think the purchase of a few hundred thousand XBox 360's is a drop in the bucket compared to how much money gets siphoned overseas by politicians and corporate CEO's.

So, really, I'm not sure what kind of moralistic argument you're setting up here. Maybe I'm missing something? Care to explain?

The ornery part was more of a generalization of how you present your points. The morality comes from the type of labor they do utilize. Sure it isn't quite as bad as a sweatshop, but it is still exploiting poor people. I've seen the inside of a Mexican Freightliner factory. Sure the machines are still good and the air cleaner around the important stuff, but the general quality of the employees reminds me of what happened here in America before we had child labor and labor laws. It isn't exactly a sweatshop, but it isn't far.

Did you know the actual shelf-life of twinkies is only a couple of months at most? Getting one that's been there for a year is a bad thing, supposedly.