Xbox360 vs PS3 ( the big choice!! )

Grantastic75

Registered
Jan 18, 2006
dear gamers,

if u have been living in a cave 4 the past 4 months and that the xbox360 is out, and the ever so delaying PS3, the question is what do u ( the gamers ) think of both systems in comparison?
while the 360 is allready out, and many of the games rule! the priceing
of $60.00 for a game, witch if u save your cash is well worth it, and if any of u heard the rumor of the PS3's games going to be $80 freakin dollers! whats going to be so special about it? and i also heard that the system is going to be even more expensive, the question is the cheaper system or the over priced system.
but enough of me what do u think of these system's?

The PS3 is promised to have graphics that destroy the Xbox 360 and the Revolution combined. And judging by the MGS4 trailer, it will indeed explode them. Plus, the possibility of a launch that includes Devil May Cry 4, Tekken 6, Vision Gran Turismo and MGS4, free online games...that's tempting. On the other hand, Is the higher cost (probably gonna be 500, and another 100 for the HD at launch). Not to mention the speculations I made of a $70 price tag on games the I made in my SECOND CONSOLE WAR ARTICLES THAT NOBODY READ. So yeah, it looks like the PS2 is going to have the better lineup of games initially.

yea yea i heard that too, but i also heard that there can be 5 controlers! but really how can u divide 5 screens into one t.v.
also i heard there's going to be a sonic game! ok every one sonic suxs its for 5 year olds!

Sonic Rush and the Sonic Advance games, as well as the Sonic Adventures were good. Plus, depending on where you live, it'll be tough fitting five people and five TVs into a room. Also, the next-gen Sonic is gonna be on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Yeah, but it's a pretty big gap between 360 and PS3 in terms of price. But indeed, it'll boil down to which console has better exclusives.

I really don't think the PS3 graphics dwarf the 360. From the trailers you can tell that it will be better, but it's not like PS3 is 5 years ahead of XB. Anyway, have you guys heard that the first blu ray DVD player will cost about $1,800! If Sony will charge $500- 600 for the system how will they make up all that money? That's a hell of a lot of change for a DVD player.

They're Sony, they make the Blue Ray technology. They are going to figure out a way, and I believe they already have. But MGS4 really, really does beat out anything on the 360, and not by a little.

mgs4-03.jpg

mgs4-06.jpg

And with that caliber of detail (even in that low-quality image) Beats out DOA4 and Gears of War and all the others on the 360, IMO.

Very true, Mav. Also, will the graphics actually blow the 360 away? As was mentioned before on several threads, this is just the initial round of games. Usually, the first round isn't that much different from previous generations, and is significantly different from games made after the game designers have been able to kick around the new format for a year or two. Hence why most games look better their second or third time around on the same console.

The PS3 MIGHT look better initially, but the cost is too high. I've heard prices might start at $550 or more, not just $500. And that's the stripped down model. Yeah, Sony has the rights to many games, but developers are coming out with comparable or new versions of the same games for the 360 etc.

I mean look at the pics in this thread. MGS looks better, but the 360 games still hold their own. And I don't know how you get $1,800 down to $500. But then again, that's why I don't work for Sony. I hope they're not cutting corners.

I'm not saying the 360 has bad graphics. It has kickass graphics, especially games like Gears of War, Dead or Alive, and all the sports games. I just bet that the PS3 will look better. But I also acknowledge it's higher cost. Which is why I'm getting the Revolution.

You need to make an accurate comparison when you're talking about that $1800 blu-ray player. I think you're talking about the pioneer one, and Pioneer already makes $1000 DVD players. So obviously they're expensive for another reason. Just ebcause one manufacturer is making an $1800 player doesn't mean that's what the technology will cost across the board.

Of course regular DVD players used to cost how much? Now you can get a tiny one for $50? And with more options than one three years ago?

They will cost a wad for the next couple of years, but after that? Who knows, Blueray may lose out to HD-DVD and not exist anymore.

well thats all true, u cant go wrong with both platforms, but in the narrow end it matters what the games will be there for the two, but if what i hear is correctly i hear that Halo3 will come out the same day as the PS3, sounds like a lie, but on the other hand, if halo3 really does come out on the same date as the PS3 that might be trouble, infact a lot of people just got Xbox just for halo.

oh and if u want to see what i think are going to be kickass games for both systems, look at killzone2 for the PS3 and then look at Oblivion for the Xbox360 both look like u could fall over and die in amazment

BCampbell said:
You need to make an accurate comparison when you're talking about that $1800 blu-ray player. I think you're talking about the pioneer one, and Pioneer already makes $1000 DVD players. So obviously they're expensive for another reason. Just ebcause one manufacturer is making an $1800 player doesn't mean that's what the technology will cost across the board.

I agree, but as far as I know, Pioneer will be the first company to sell them and I haven't heard anything about any other company that's as close to putting them out on the market, so as far as my own personal knowledge goes that's as accurate as I could get. And couple that with the fact that Sony electronics are pretty high priced too. Early rumors from just about everyone who cared to speculate were that the BL DVD players from any/every company would be around $1,000, so even if you take that price, it's still a hefty price cut to $500. And just because Pioneer charges $1,000 for some current DVD players doesn't mean they're over charging for blu ray.

Darth_Jonas said:
Of course regular DVD players used to cost how much? Now you can get a tiny one for $50? And with more options than one three years ago?.

No, They're making DVD players that cost $1000 NOW. So we're looking at an example of an $1800 blu-ray player from company that is currently making $1000 DVD players. I don't think we can really take it to mean anything.

Yeah, prices can go down dramatically in a year, and I would think Sony can figure out a way to drop the production costs, and they drop VERY quickly.

spudlyff8fan said:
Yeah, prices can go down dramatically in a year, and I would think Sony can figure out a way to drop the production costs, and they drop VERY quickly.

They'll build them in a 3rd world country and pay the people in twinkies.