xbox360, could it win the counsil war??

No doubt this will play into things. No mention was made of the Zune, but you know that's on the way. Let everyone get over this news and then say "oh yeah, the Zune interacts with 360's in this way...."

People don't lay crappy shooters online yea sure. But other than Socom and Madden what else waas there to play online in the PS2 department, LOTS but who cared we had a Xbox with almost the same games and for some reason or another "crappy" shooters.

And I would like to see some cool feature for Zune and 360 hookups. But I think MS is doing a good job in not directly putting it all out there. In order to not confuse the public or consumers it's just being marketed as a GREAT/Better mp3 player. It's not enough for me to give up my iPod, but if I was looking for 1 I would go with Zune.

O yea did anybody else here about MS selling or selling (I can't remeber which it was) 10.4 million 360's since it launched. And 5 or million or so XBL accounts were put in place. Now who has a harder battle to fight Sony or Nintendo

seems like I heard those numbers before too, but I would like to have some kind of official news report. I have heard that PS3's are being returned or sitting while Wii's are still selling magnificently and even 360's are moving.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
People don't lay crappy shooters online yea sure. But other than Socom and Madden what else waas there to play online in the PS2 department, LOTS but who cared we had a Xbox with almost the same games and for some reason or another "crappy" shooters.

And I would like to see some cool feature for Zune and 360 hookups. But I think MS is doing a good job in not directly putting it all out there. In order to not confuse the public or consumers it's just being marketed as a GREAT/Better mp3 player. It's not enough for me to give up my iPod, but if I was looking for 1 I would go with Zune.

O yea did anybody else here about MS selling or selling (I can't remeber which it was) 10.4 million 360's since it launched. And 5 or million or so XBL accounts were put in place. Now who has a harder battle to fight Sony or Nintendo
That just didn't even make sense.

Maybe because you diddn't read it right. The first paragraph was in reference to your post about the online and shooters and what not.

The second paragraph was about the Jonas seaking on the Zune and 360 connections.

The last was just on the fact that MS shipped/sold 10.4 million 360's. God for as smart as you are you seem to not pay attention.

Anyway back to something Jonas said yea PS3's are being returned. And I think it is all the ebay sellers who lost out or losing out. See what happens when you try to make a come up.

Thank You Jonas. You see the roblem. My fingers and the keyboard don't always agree with what i'm thinking.

They need help.

Nice signature. You know there was this thing once called WebTV. And it's awesomeness has obviously dominated the computer industry. The web-surfing is a novelty that will get old quick. People like their TV shows too much to worry about surfing the net on the boob-tube while "Lost" is on.

But, if you've already got Wii going, and you think to yourself "I should check the news" or "I should see just how cold it is outside," you can save yourself the trip and get it done there. I'm not about to stop using a real PC for that, but if I'm at the couch and I'm too lazy to get up, it'd be nice if I could check a couple websites without hiking down the hall.

The Wii browsing would have to have less button clicks and effort than just changing the channel or checking the computer. That's why Microsoft hasn't bothered with that on xbl..... yet. It will happen, but Microsoft as a whole is usually pretty savvy as to what the market is ready for. I do believe it will happen that the entire entertainment of the house will be inter-connected, but that is still in the future. The Wii offers browsing from your gaming console. It's a cute feature, but completely not necessary or demanded by the market.

It's less feasible on the 360, too. With a Wiimote, just point and click like one always has, and one can easily navigate an onscreen keyboard to input data.

On a 360, one must joystick around the page, and deal with the clunky data input that seems to be a leftover of the 16-bit days. It's not like they don't have the ability: I can imagine Internet Explorer would port smoothly into the system, and putting that little 'e' into one of the blades wouldn't be too intrusive. It'd also negate the need for a Windows PC, so Microsoft has interest in making sure the 360 is just barely useful enough without impeding on Windows territory.

How would it be less feasible? The 360 has USB ports right there so you can plug in a frickin mouse.

It's a useless feature.

It's useless to you because you, like so many Americans, have a home PC and broadband internet. The Japanese don't have that as much, thus why internet cafes are so much more popular in other countries. It's not terribly suprising that a company that's often been panned for favoring it's home country so much is putting features into the system that make more sense there than in other markets.

And many people still use keyboards with those round keyboard plugs, so they'd need to buy another keyboard just for it. And as far as a mouse, then you'd need to prop a book on your thigh to use it, and hope it doesn't roll back and forth.

And, like I said, Microsoft would be stepping on their own feet just to do it. Nintendo doesn't have any stake in that territory yet, so they can only profit from people.

By "don't have that as much," I meant the high-speed connection.

If they didn't have PCs, they couldn't buy the Nintendo Wifi USB dongle.

Did you just say that the Japanese don't have high-speed internet as much?

Did he just say that the Japanese don't have high-speed internet as much?