who brings the cheese?

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
To compliment Spud's thread about the toughest of tough characters I thought I would ask the following question:

Who brings the cheese? Who is the cheesiest, corniest, worst character ever unleashed upon the gaming world? It would be one that either looks horrible, or has the most ridiculous lines, or just all round sucks.

I have votes for Leisure Suit Larry, a vote for the Mega Man baddies (from a co-worker that thinks Japanese bad guys lack creativity), and one for Busuzima from Bloody Roar.

Well, Skeith made that thread. I made the fighting game one. But I'd have to go with the frenchmen that appear frequently in RPGs. Like Reinbach III in Suikoden IV and Pierre in Chrono Cross. Actually, Suikoden as a whole had a boatload of some of the worst characters in video game history.

And can't forget anybody who wears an animal head like a mask (King from Tekken, Rock from SC and so on).

Dude, King from Tekken rocked.....that's just like saying Scorpion from Mortal Kombat was cheesy because he only had that one catch phrase.........While i'm on it, I would have to say Lui Kang from Mortal Kombat was cheesy......His little quest he was always on, took the whole story away from one of the best fighters in the game................Johnny Cage....

Maverick said:
Glass Joe from Punch Out!

I think the Flamenco guy (Don was it?) was cheesier than Glass Joe. He had the exagerated hooks as well as a cheesy image.

I am not sure if this is included in the category, but it seems like Kefka from FFVI is a whiny little bitch. Now I haven't finished the game yet, but he always seems to just swoop in right after everyone is finished fighting, absorb the incredible, awesome power, do his annoying laugh, and run away.

Many of the FF characters have the linburger scent wafting about. I think it comes more from the Japanese sense of humor being corny to us sometimes. Zell was annoying, but not truly cheesy.

Zell's limit break made him my favorite character in the game. That was crazy, and me and my siblings would compete to see who could do the most damage with one set.

My vote: Anyone from "Mafia" on PS2, Also the dog from "Duck Hunt", I prefer the arcade version so i can actually shoot him. (guess that shows my age) ouch.

edit: and by the dolphin game do you Echo? if so, I happen to agree with that vote as well

Last edited: