what will be next to come from microsoft?

Flying cows that shoot cancer curing laser beams from their nostrils. That's where I heard the trend is going anyways. Let's just say somebody leaked the information to me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you thought that I didn't have connections?

Hello all,

I actually think Darth Jonas isn't far off. Microsoft has made it clear they want to win the living room. After that, the home. The concept of a 'smart' home is something a lot of businesses would like to implement. Imagine the revenue that Microsoft could generate if they basically had their stamp over every important electronic device in your house!

As for me, I really don't care about having my toaster knowing to heat a pop tart when I wake up as much as I would like another shipment of XBox 360s to be on its way.

Japan has had them for years. They may have tiny livings spaces (like Geni from Aladdin), but they have cool stuff. For instance, let's say your alarm goes off at 7am. Your toilet seat will have started warming about two minutes before, your coffee brewing, the temperature of your bathroom goes up so it isn't cold when you step out of the shower.

Now let's say you get home around 6:30. You give a call home to activate your house. Your soothing bath will start running at exactly the temperature you want, the roast you put in the oven (I know, I know, they don't eat roast but humor me) starts heating up, and the radio clicks into some relaxing music. You walk in and push a particular setting for your lights, and the house's lighting switches into dim and romantic. The only thing you have to do is get in the tub, and set the table. They are gadget freaks.

Oh, and I wasn't kidding about the toilet seat.

In reality, it will be a way to integrate your 360 into the "F-U-L-L" media hub they intended it to be....I don't think we'll see another system anytime soon....The Gamemakers can barely keep up with the power the 360 produces.....We'll probably see a very small portion of Internet or email servicing....(hence the keyboard they're bringing out soon).....I know you are supposed to use it for Games and text messaging friends.....But that is just a portion of what the new keyboard will be used to.....Also, think "Digital Phone"....it's not a big thing to most people.....But i have a STRONG feeling that it's going to that....If Satellite boxes already have the technology, Do you really think that ol' Bill didn't have it put in the 360?......Also, keep in mind that Microsoft has been attempting to enter the TV industry.....They have boxes in testing that would blow any cable or satellite box out of the water.....Or could it be that's what the 360 has in it???.....Hmmm, guess we'll know sometime soon.....I am so ready for the next phase for the 360.......Now if i could just get my hands on A 360......Damnit!!!!.....:banghead:

The 360 is awesome, Asylum. You should really try one. Haha, seriously though, you are probably right. When asked (prior to the release of the 360) about the HD-DVD drive that you can buy separately from the 360 and how successful it will be, ol'Willy Gates said that he thinks everything will be downloaded in the future. Is this the real future of gaming? you can already use headsets to communicate with fellow gamers with minimal lag time (sometimes it's better than calling long distance with my cell phone). What's one more step? Is it even a full step to go to 360 phones?

asylum_boy said:
Also, think "Digital Phone"....it's not a big thing to most people.....But i have a STRONG feeling that it's going to that

If you mean something like Skype, that's entirely software dependent and could be easily loaded on the 360, or any system for that matter (In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there wer a loader disck for the Dreamcast that does this). If you mean something Vonage, the 360 will need a phone-out jack, or an adapter that has one. Outside of the "tech geek" realm, services like Vonage that use traditional phones with VoIP service are manking much more headway than services like Skype that function entirely over the Internet connection, using a headset.

Exactly BC, more like the Vonage service....But not just yet, the cable and satellite people have to up the anty on their end for stability with the service......and trust me, if you can plug a lava lamp....via usb....in the 360, i guarantee there will be an adapter for many, many add-ons......I just recently read an article in OXM and they were getting some Weird stuff to work on the usb connection of the 360........Things that even Microsoft themselves said wouldn't work.....And Jonas, yeah, I hate you for getting a 360 before me.....J/K man

He is speaking of the one using only the internet connection. They've had a version of it for at least 6 years. (I dated a girl that called home to the Philipines via computer headset, although the other end had to use the same program and headset.) But it does make sense, if we can have a computer use a phone line to access the internet, why can't we have phones that use the internet to speak with other phones?

Yeah it's come a long way, I used to use it years ago back when there was lots of lag. I have Vonage now and I love it, have had it for almost 2 years now and wouldn't go back to a phone company. I just don't see the point of doing services like that with the 360 if you have to buy an adapter anyway, since comparable services already exist. if it was something built into the system, that would be something else.

I have the same service BC.....And usually, it works perfectly....But let the Cable screw up down the street, and you might as well use your cell phone......But Microsoft is setting a standard with this new system....And they will need to bring out as much as they can before the other consoles come out......Whoohoo.....I sooooooooo need a 360

It would only take half a nudge to go from the headset for the controllers to a phone system. You would need a wireless headset and software (and maybe a number pad). Do they have wireless headsets for the xbox or 360?

Anyone remember rotary phones? My youngest brother (almost 15. that should make you feel old, Asylum!) didn't know how to operate one that my dad had hooked up in our basement. He just stared at it like it was from another planet.