What Genre of Game Do You Like Better?

qadassa

First One To Buy The User Title
Registered
Dec 6, 2014
For me, I like the FPS games better. I've liked it ever since I was a tiny little kid, when I was first introduced to CS 1.6, so it just kind of stuck with me throughout my life. Now, I'm playing games like CS:GO and Insurgency.

Reactions: Mark Mulkeen
RPGs because of the world, characters and storylines. MMOs are a close second because they combine the elements of RPGs with the social interaction. Coming last would be RTS, Tower Defense and Action/Platform.

FPS can be fun in the case of like TF2, but as an overall genre, to me it gets boring and repetitive. Then there's my issue with motion sickness in most FPS games. I mean there's games that incorporate both FPS/RPG so I'll suffer through the motion sickness because I really want to enjoy the story, but FPS by itself isn't my cup of tea.

I like all genres, I specifically like games that have good stories.

RPGs are very good with this, but Adventure games like Uncharted are equally compelling.

RPGs because of the world, characters and storylines. MMOs are a close second because they combine the elements of RPGs with the social interaction. Coming last would be RTS, Tower Defense and Action/Platform.

FPS can be fun in the case of like TF2, but as an overall genre, to me it gets boring and repetitive. Then there's my issue with motion sickness in most FPS games. I mean there's games that incorporate both FPS/RPG so I'll suffer through the motion sickness because I really want to enjoy the story, but FPS by itself isn't my cup of tea.

What do you mean motion sickness? Do you mean how some games have the "bobbing head" thing, where it's like you move and you're just shaking? Or do you hate the fact that you have to keep moving your camera around fast?

FPS games are okay, but they become redundant and repetitive after awhile, especially COD games - big difference for Battlefield games, because its more than simply a shooting game and the game play is more broader.

My most liked games are open-world games like GTA series, Elder Scrolls, LOTR Online, and various other similar games. I prefer these games because they're more dynamic and there's so much to do in the games it'll keep one busy for days! Plus, these games usually have more active online players than most games and have more quality input into it than say fighting or sports games, which the latter games I rarely play nowadays - however, the exceptions are Tekken and Street Fighter.

For me, my favorite genres of games are FPS and open-world games. FPS' provide a nice little frantic, competitive gameplay that I really like. However, they tend to not be something that I would put a lot of my time into, since they start to get a bit repetitive after a good while. Open world games like Saints Row have tons of things to do and be made up, and it almost never gets boring. I've never really gotten into many RPG's, but they are fairly fun to play.

My favorite genre is probably the open-world type of game. Exploring a vast world will always bring a giddy feeling to me, and the satisfaction of finally completing the search is awesome. I do like FPS, but just one (Team Fortress Two) comes to mind.

Quest with storyline/sandbox are the best. Final fantasy really got me into storyline quest game and runescape got me interested in sandbox type game. And the game has both and took my interests away from any other pc games so far is Mabinogi. Everyone should check it out.

FPS games are definitely one of my favorite genres, mainly because you can witness your improvement and if you put in the effort your skill levels can be really good. These games also tend to get the adrenaline pumping and make it so much more exciting. Although, FPS games can become a little tedious if you play for too long, or go on an unlucky streak.
MMOs have a massive appeal to me because there is no end achievement, and the end goals are up to the player. In addition, the interaction between players and the community really adds to these types of games.

I like action games, so action-RTS, hack-and-slash, FPS and MOBAs are all right up my alley :D

Open world RPGs where combat isn´t button-mashing or repetitive. Kinda like the opposite of Diablo3, where instead of killing 10,000 mobs using 2 buttons, each fight is tactical and meaningful.

'm most fond of platformers because I still feel they are the closest conversation a player can have with the developer through gameplay. It's just your input directly against what they designed in such a pure way.

I'm also very fond of Action Adventure games ala Zelda and Darksiders as well as open world games akin to Red Dead and Assassin's Creed (I much prefer historical settings to modern ones).

My favorite are puzzle games. They never seem to last long though. I spent most of my time with MMORPG's. Honestly though, any game that has swords and magic will make me happy. :D

Any-type of genre: FPS,RPG, Racing and strategy games. As long as the game has a very good story/plot. Except for Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I love CS:GO, I play everyday and it's quite addicting because of the skins.

I'm not that good with FPS games and it sucks because those are the bread and butter of modern games. My favorite is hack and slash because it's very simple and I don't have to focus as much when playing, thus allowing me to relax while playing which is why I play in the first place.

My favorite genre of games on the PC are FPS, puzzle games and management games. I think these games lend themselves better on the PC than they do on consoles. Conversely, I much prefer playing sports, racing, platformers and fighting games on consoles.

I've always been an FPS guy, ever since I started getting into games. I play ALL kinds of games but I'm just really good at FPS, so that's what I've played and enjoyed the most.

For example, I've spent countless hours in Counter-Strike 1.5/1.6 (Even version 1.0). And now I'm enjoying CS:GO quite a bit. The battlefield games are also great.

However I do really enjoy open world RPGs like Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout etc. Always thought they were so extremely cozy and atmospherical.

I'm fond of games that require a lot of thought. So for me it would be logic games, physics games, and strategy games. I'm more likely to play sudoku than World of Warcraft. I also suck at RTS games, because I'm perpetually trying to get ahead of my opponent. I should see if there are any turn-based strategy games out there.

For me, I like the FPS games better. I've liked it ever since I was a tiny little kid, when I was first introduced to CS 1.6, so it just kind of stuck with me throughout my life. Now, I'm playing games like CS:GO and Insurgency.
I was a big sports game fan, but I find sports games not as fun when your playing by your self. I still like spots games but not as much. I rather play a fighting game, or a racing game.

I have always been a big fan of MMORPGs. It seems once you begin to play one you are hooked until The end. I do play a lot of other games to, but I always find myself falling back to the MMORPGS no matter what. When i'm bored, When i'm not bored. MMORPGs keep my attention, and my curiosity more than the other genres.