Steelers Supa Bowl Champs!!!

Ya nailed it AH. The Seahawks ruined it for themselves. They're a pretty young team, and because of that, they can become undisciplined and are really pressure-sensitive. That's why they lost.

They didn't completely mess up. Hasselbeck had all day to make most of those passes, but the guys being paid millions of dollars to catch failed to earn their paychecks. He made plenty of mistakes, but I couldn't believe some of those dropped passes.

Cept you cant only have two (or four, with the multitap) people watching the Super Bowl at the same time.

You can have 30 people watching a football game together. You can have 4 people playing a game together. Don't be an ass.

wijg said:
Congrats Mav, I know you at least are a huge fan. Your boys pulled it out. Not a great game, but all that matters is the win.

Thanks Wijg. And let me start out by saying, LIFE IS GREAT!

Now onto business. First off, the refs/NFL did not fix the game. Please don't complain about games being fixed. Seahawks fans know nothing about Super Bowls being fixed. At least not like Steelers fans. Neil O' Donnell threw 2 passes to Larry Brown in SB XXX. Who is Larry Brown you ask, he's not the Knicks coach and he wasn't a Steeler in Super Bowl 30, he was a DB for Dallas. O' Donnell inexplicably threw 2 interceptions to Brown who for all intents and purposes was all alone. HE THREW THE BALL RIGHT TO A COWBOY DEFENSIVE BACK, TWICE! There is no way he did that on accident. Now that's a fixed game.

Granted the refs didn't come into question in that game. So if Seahawks fans want to cry foul, then Steelers fans can cry foul about the Pit/Indy game. Everyone knows about the Troy Polamalu interception that was overturned, but what people forget is that Antwaan Randel El was blatantly interferred with on a long pass from Roethlisberger and the refs didn't call it. Those two "non calls" were far worse than anything Seattle fans can complain about from yesterday. And the Steelers accepted the wrong calls and still made enough plays to hold on and beat the Colts. Yes the refs affected the game, but they did not determine it.

Stephens's dropped passes lost it for the Seahawks. Their less than 30% 3rd down conversion rate lost it for the Seahawks. Poor clock management and play calling at the end of both halves lost it for the Seahawks. Darrel Jackson not being able to get both feet down for the catch at the 1 yard line lost it for them. The fact that Seattle kept punting out of the end zone instead of trying to pin the Steelers back helped them lose the game. The Seattle defense bitting so hard on the double reverse they had bloody lips, lost it for the Seahawks.

As far as the refs go, most of the calls were correct. The offensive pass interference was a push off. You can clearly see that on any replay. Seattle fans can say that kind of push off is hardly called by the refs, but don't say the wide recevier didn't push off. The holding call on the right tacle was holding. The tackle was behind Haggans (I think it was Haggans) and he still held up Haggans. The only way to slow down a linebacker after he's gotten past you is to hold. There is no other way the tacle could've slowed down Haggans after he got past him. Accept it. The only bad call was the Hasslebeck low block (or maybe it wasclipping). I didn't like that call at all, he was clearly trying to make the tackle on Ike Taylor after the interception.

But don't think the calls were one sided. There was a catch by Stephens that was ruled an incomplete pass intsead of a fumble, and it really looked like a catch and fumble to me. And if the refs let it be a fumble like it should've been, only the Steelers were around the ball and it would've been a turnover.

I could go on and on about yesterday, but I'll stop here. The game was not fixed. The refs didn't hand the Steelers the game. The edge of the side of the ball did cross the goal line on the Roethlisberger touchdown. It came down to which team took advantage of their opportunities and clearly the Steelers did and the Seahawks didn't. Even if you still think they were bad calls you have to concede that the Seahawks didn't overcome adversity like the Steelers didn't in the Colts game. The Steelers deserved to win. And no, I am not bias. i'm not the kind of person to lie about silly things like football.

------------------------------------

And about the commercials, they were awful for the most part. They've been getting worse and worse for the last few years now.

refs didn't change the game huh. OK lets see.

First quarter Seahawks were up 3-0

Second Quarter score was 3-7. Now lets say they did call agianst the Roethlisberger TD. This occured during a third down, giving the Steelers one last attempt at a TD, or take the safe route and go for the field goal. that would of made the score 3-3, but wait, let's say that whole seahawks catch at the 1 line that was flagged down due to controversial holding, let's say that play isn't flagged down, that would leave the seahawks at great touchdown position, but lets say the steelers defense actually held them down, seahawks are forced to go for the field goal, that would make the score 6-3.

half time, horrible Rolling Stones Performance, Rick James said it best "cocaine's a hell of a drug"

Third Quarter, still have that horrible Rolling Stones performance in my head. Score is 10-14, my count, 15-10 seahawks up.

Now the fourth quarter steelers score, sweet play, that would make the score 15-17 steelers up. Now that could still give the steelers the win, but, morale is still high, there is still a chance to win, hell the 49ers came back and did it. A field goal would give them the win a td would make even sweeter, the only thing that stopped everyone from rioting and starting WW3 is that Bettis wasn't given the MVP. Final score 10-21

Now what was that about the refs not influencing the game.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. And if Roethlisberger throws those two interceptions about 5 inches higher the Steelers score two more times. But hey I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a crystal ball. Those holding calls (especially the one on Haggans) were correct (Holding happens on every play in a football game and it was called there. And if you want to argue as to why it was called then, that kind of big play nullifying penalty has been called against teams since the NFL was first started. So people crying about holding calls means nothing to me.), and it was a rushing TD from Ben Roethlisberger (although I can see why some could think otherwise).

And another non call that went against the Steelers was when Roethlisberger threw the second interception, he ran back to try and make the tackle and was blocked in the back by a Seahawk. No one on planet earth cares about the calls that weren't made that would've beneffited the Steelers. That's just the way it is. I like how half of my argument was ignored too. And I did say the refs affected the game, but they did not determine it. With all that said, the Seahawks had their chances and they couldn't or wouldn't take advantage.

And you know what, for all the bashing of the game from the fans and media especially, Super Bowl XL was the second most watched TV program in U.S. history, behind only the finale of Mash. I guess the game held some interest for people after all.

spudlyff8fan said:
You can have 30 people watching a football game together. You can have 4 people playing a game together. Don't be an ass.

I would rather hang out with 4 people than 30 anyways. 4 is company... 30 is too much clean up.