Steelers Supa Bowl Champs!!!

Congrats Mav, I know you at least are a huge fan. Your boys pulled it out. Not a great game, but all that matters is the win. For those that did a little channel surfing, some great Family Guy episodes on during the second half. Commercials weren't bad either.

Not that I cared about the game, but the Refs were the real winners. They robbed the Seahawks by taking away a touchdown, giving the Steelers one (sorry, Big Ben really didn't get the ball in, the replay was clear), and killing every big play the Seahawks had with penalties.

My nomination for the next Madden cover athlete should be one of those Refs, tag line"EA Sports, the most game changing & dynamic refs every in video games."

Who cares who won...the real winner here is everyone who had the following boxes:

Q: Pitt - Sea
1: 0 - 3
2: 7 - 3
3: 4 - 0
4: 1 - 0

:emoticon:

Hehehe, yeah, it's the betting that counted. And cmon, Aseverwas, most of those holding calls were pretty blatant. As for the Roethlisberger TD, any part of the ball had to just skim any part of the line and it's a TD. I'd have to say that it was a TD.

I would have been happy if both teams would have lost. But I also like both coaches and a few of the players. I do think that Big Ben should be required to shave. He looks like a homeless person. An ugly homeless person.

I believe that was a touchdown. The ball appeared to breach the plane created at the front of the goal-line.

Edit: Besides, like they mentioned, the play was too close to overturn the initial call on the field.

did the ball cross the line before or after it hit the ground.....Aseverwas is correct and so is Stan.....Horrible Superbowl and Horrible Refs......Enough Said....and whoever said it before on the thread....my response is....The Cowboys would have made it a "Super"bowl!!!

Alright, maybe I misunderstand the precise rule about that, but I was thinking that if the ball at any point intersects the vertical plane from the front of the goal line, then it's good. Or does it have to be across the the plane when the player is downed?

Darth_Jonas said:
I do think that Big Ben should be required to shave. He looks like a homeless person. An ugly homeless person.

One of my good friends thinks Ben looks like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds. I find it tough to argue with that idea.

Roach, you were right before when you said there wasn't enough evidence.....Ben was down by contact, but because he made the heroic effort when he was on the ground........They gave him the touchdown!....Truly Crazy!!......I wonder what the refs were paid for that game, and i'm not talking about what the paycheck says....

The bad thing about the Steelers winning or losing: Asylum and I have to listen to our butt-monkey friends either gloat or whine about it. We both lose.

Well the reason the play was not turned back was because you could not see where the ball actually was. Ben had it tucked back in his elbow technally his elbow crossed the endzone, but you could not tell if the ball crossed. Since the original call was a TD they did not have the evidence to turn it back. If the original call was a "no good" then it would not have been called back either. The Football Gods were smiling on Steelers that day. Besides, if he had missed it he would have made it the second time...that QB was on fire Sunday. ( minus the two interceptions)

In the end you can't blame the refs for the Seatle loosing, they lost cause of stupid penalties, thats not even counting the called back touchdown.