sony kills itself

A seperate Hard Drive has already failed Sony with the PS2, I doubt they'll make the same mistake again. Regardless, I'm going to buy a PS3, but I can see where others wouldn't.

See I agree with scribe. And NO E I MIGHT NOT GET ONE (BUT I'LL PLAY YOURS THOUGH). Sony will have a hell of a fight to come this season. And you cen bet that there will be hardware problems and system shortage. What scribe said is true only the hardcore, let me refrase that only us geeks will want to dish out the cash. But even so at $600 Sony would be asking form any consumer a lot. The Neo Geo came out at $600 and look what happen to that. true it was in the past but ppl dont have funds like that. Sony may still be on top but Microsoft and Nintendo will reep the benifits if Sony try to sell for $600. Shit I spent that much on a 360 and got 2 games, charger and extras. If all Sony is gonna give me is a HDD they are fools. And it wont sell.

And on A side note. Both the 360 and Ps3 will be having the same games minus a few. Resident Evil 5 will be on both the 360 and PS3 so why pay $600 for a PS3, when you could get it for almost $300 cheaper on the 360.

TURE TURE TURE TURE TURE TURE.

mOST THIRD PARTY GAMES WILL BE ON BOTH THE 360 AND PS3. Other thatn Fisrt paty games the systems will have the same thing. So chose Devil MAy Cry 4 or Ninja Gaiden 2, Killzone 2 (it looked so great) or HALO 3. Fight night will be on both, Resident Evil 5, Madden, Def Jam, and a few others from what I know. Basicly it will be the XBOX vs the PS2 better graphics. Once the sytems get going they will cary the same third party games like they just did.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
TURE TURE TURE TURE TURE TURE.

mOST THIRD PARTY GAMES WILL BE ON BOTH THE 360 AND PS3. Other thatn Fisrt paty games the systems will have the same thing. So chose Devil MAy Cry 4 or Ninja Gaiden 2, Killzone 2 (it looked so great) or HALO 3. Fight night will be on both, Resident Evil 5, Madden, Def Jam, and a few others from what I know. Basicly it will be the XBOX vs the PS2 better graphics. Once the sytems get going they will cary the same third party games like they just did.
Oh my God that's stupid. I hate to tell you, but publishers are more lined up for specific console support now more than ever.

Says who who told you that. ooooooo you mean for the Rev. Yea Cuz the the system is different.
I bet by next year any game that is shown on the PS3 will be on the 360. Watch. As a ex-GameStop employee i saw tons and tons of games for both systems. You may not see it now but once that first year of the systems running against each other at the same time hits, the games we see will be on both systems.

No, I don't mean for the Revolution. If you knew any of the technological difference between the two consoles, you'd know that outside of Ubisoft and EA's BIGGEST titles, that it is highly doubtful that there will be as many ports this generation as next.

All the main sports titles will appear on both 360 and PS3(Madden,Fight Night,etc.) but systems will always have its console killaz so you would buy there system over the next

Yes I do know the PS3 has more power and the 360 may be cheaper to make games for. But it doe not mean that games will not be on the same system or even a remake of a game on the same system. Yes both systems will have Killer apps but they come few in many now a days. remember the time when you could only get one game on one system. (Streets of Rage anyone). the thing is most companys cant see a profit on just one system. GTA went to both the Xbox and PS2 FFXI is goning to the 360 the day of the exclusive titles are starting to fade away.

Look at the games that end up coming out on all three consoles. It's pretty rare for that to happen outside of EA, Take 2 and Ubisoft.

I'm not including Nintendo in this they messed up with the Cude. But look at how many titles were just on the PS2 and the Xbox alone. and true outside of the three you mentioned they are rare. but they make up most of what we see in america. Do they not? the thing is thanks to Sony droping the Region thing we may see more game come to our shores that don't make it here. And form what i see now ( I may or may not be right have to wait till E3 ) More companies are very intrested in different titles for the Rev and keeping the same for the other two. Red Steel will not makt it to the 360 or PS3 but Ubi will put Splinter cell on both.

i dont think it will be as bad as everyone thinks it will be...it will be just about like xbox 360 ...thats the same way it was before..everyones makin a big deal out of nothin

i think the ps3 will be around 600 because its goin to have blue-ray teck and when blue-rays come out they are goin to be 1000+ so u beter start saving now

The two sides to this are that Blue Ray costs a lot, but there's also the fact that it can't cost too much or they won't sell. The screen shots I've seen from the PS3 look great, but it's the price tag I'm truely worried about.

Sony should inclued a HDD for sure, but i wonder if the one from the ps2 will work in the ps3 cuz i have a ps2 hdd. plus i dont think it matters either. As long as all the kids can scream, yell, and tug on their parents until they get what they want! Its gonna take me a while to save up for this.... I NEED A NEW JOB!

Looking back on the old Beta vs. VHS debate, the early market adopters don't seem as important to the success of a medium as the partnerships and support that the maker of said medium can garner. Sony, if you recall, developed Beta video, and the Beta VCR started out pretty hot. Now, the pure differences between Beta and VHS were fairly minimal, although there are some who swear by the Beta Hi Fi's superiority. Why did it die? Well, the VHS manufacturer's had an edge because the actual recording time available on the casettes themselves was much longer than on Beta (coming under 2 hours) making it more palatable for the movie industry to support VHS. Plus, JVC, the big VHS manufacturer, was aggressive in garnering support. Sony wasn't.

Fast forward to today, Sony is now on the other side of that coin. The Blu-Ray medium has greater recording space, and is being heavily supported by movie studios. Sony has been aggressive in pursuing support for their medium this time around. HD DVD on the other hand, does not have nearly the support Blu-Ray has, and is, of course, inferior in available recordable space.

Once the initial expense of producing Blu Ray discs and players comes down, I imagine that, after some time and heavy competition, HD DVD will go the way of Beta Hi Fi.