PC Games That Make You Feel Nostalgic

Goldie

Registered
Nov 10, 2014
I honestly never really played on PC that much but I did get to play some games on one when I was younger because my cousins have always been into computers. I remember when I was very young I got to play a game called Sim Copter on their computer and I enjoyed it so much even though even at that time I knew how bad the graphics were. I tried playing it again now and I found it a little less enjoyable but I still think it is or at least was a very good game. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't heard of it yet, it's not very difficult to find and install.

What PC games make you feel nostalgic?

The game that makes me the most nostalgic would probably be Dukem Nukem 3D or maybe the first Wolfenstein game, because I played this games a lot when I was younger. I would probably play them again if I currently wouldn't have any new games to play, but because I got always some new games to play I wouldn't get to it very soon.

Hmm, I think there are two games that make me very Nostalgic. Well, non-learning related games anyway. One game is the 7th guest. It was an extremely hard puzzle game that I'm pretty sure I still haven't beaten yet. The other one was Fate. I must have played hours between the two Fate games. I adored doing all the single player quests and fishing for swords; it was my favorite thing to do for a long while in order to relax after a bad day.

I would probably go with all those 90s PC classics like Wolfstein, Doom and the original Street Fighter/Virtua Fighter. It's really quite amazing if you think about how much graphics and gameplay have advanced in less than 20 years.

Good question. The first title that comes to mind is Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. I remember receiving this console when I was about seven years old. It comes with the original Mario game, pretty sure I added Mario 2 and Mario 3 to my collection shortly after that.

I can' say that about a lot of PC games. Some of these are games are Skyrim and GTA series. I can play these games for hours without getting tired.

Max Payne and Harry Potter were some games I really enjoyed when I was younger.

That would be Counterstrike and I mean the very first one. It is like around more 10+ years already and every time that I get the chance to play it, I always go back in time wherein I just cut classes just to play it and make sure that I would beat the crap of whoever I am playing with even my team mates! Ah! good times!

I'm nostalgic over simutronics games like Dragonrealms... yes, Text-based games with little to no graphics did and still do exist. For PC games with Graphics... Fallout 2, and some of the Baldur's Gate stuff.

1) Tunnels of Armageddon (waaaaay back in the day)
2) Mechwarrior series
3) Mission Deliver Kindness (MDK)
4) Descent (any of them)

The OG Sam & Max game. That thing was incredible. Even when I played the Telltale remake I still thought about going back to those good old days and playing Highway Surfing and pausing the game to read all the signs. This was back in the day before the internet too (odd man complaining time) so getting stuck in an adventure game involved going everywhere on the map and using ever item on every other thing. I was a kid though, that shit had to last me forever.

Any Legend of Zelda games brings nostalgic memories back to me, because it was one of the first games I had ever played thoroughly when I was a child. Of course, Mario games always gives me flashbacks of my early video gaming days.

I am an old gamer from when the internet was young, so many of these fantasy MMORPGs make me feel nostalgic for the very first MMORPG I ever played. That is the yet running, Ultima Online. World of Warcraft and Dungeons and Dragons online very much made me think of the heyday of Ultima. Although the graphics were primitive, the gameplay was deep and intense.

Last edited:
I'd have to say Ski Free. I played it during the Windows 1997 days...So much fun...Till that monster ate my ski. Then I was horrified and didn't want to play again. What? I was like 6! I honestly thought that thing was going to come to my room and eat me for real!

Take a look at my avatar and take a guess. The answer is frogger! That game is so fun, and I think was my first PC game I ever played. So many weekends spent playing that game..

Have you ever heard of Humongous entertainment? Their point-and-click adventure games where my first games, and I've spent a lot of time trying to solve the puzzles in Spy Fox and Pajama Sam. I sometimes play them these days, and they're still entertaining to me!

I'm gonna go for Burning Crusade on WoW playing that when I was like 13 was amazing I remember upgrading my graphics card just to play it

Ultima 4 and Warcraft1. Ultima 4 must lasted a hundred hours for me. By today´s standards it is tedius, but the world felt huge and everything was so incremental that it made it relaxing to play. Warcraft 1 was just so well balanced and easy to understand, yet sometimes difficult. But it is a great feeling once you get over the hump and then know you have 30 minutes of butt-kicking ahead of you

I recently saw Gauntlet on Steam and it took me back to when I was about 15 or 16. I remember having Gauntlet Legends for N64 and Gauntlet as part of some compilation pack for Dreamcast (I think it was Namco's). I'm not entirely sure if Gauntlet was released for console but I am definitely getting it for my laptop and I will definitely be feeling like a teenage all over again when I play it.