Mygamer Fantasy Football League

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
Well ladies and gentlemen, with the draft behind us, the next step in the football calender is the re-opening of fantasy football. And I plan on opening up a Mygamer fantasy football league. It'd probably (almost definitely) be in Yahoo, and will probably be set up with a simple 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1R/W, 1TE, 1K and 1DEF. So who would want to join? How would you want it scored? Bench size? Draft type? Okay position setup? Number of people allowed?

Don't listen to Spuds, Mav.....he's setting you up for a heartbreak your first run in fantasy football....Trust me, best advice.....Take your favorite running back, draft him in the first round.....and you're set........FOR A LONG AGONIZING SEASON!!!....Damn Running Backs!!

Nah, you really do need to draft a running back first round, either that or a REALLY high-caliber receiver (Reggie Wayne, TO, Chad Johnson, etc.). If nobody wants to suggest a number of bench spots, I'm gonna go with four.

Thing about RBs is they are the best players in fantasy football because of the way it is scored. Lets say the scoring system is .05 points per-yard (20 yards=one point), 6 points per-TD. Looking at RBs, they typically get about 80 yards, and .04-.06 TDs per-game, and there's always the chance they can add yards via receiving (or for Tomlinson, passing). Wide receivers, there's a possibility they may not even get the ball, and may only get a couple looks per-game, depending on the defense and score of the game. Typically, you want to pick out a solid RB (best ones are Tomlinson, Alexander, Johnson and James), first round. If you're late in the draft (like, late-round) you may want to pick an A-rated WR over a B-rated RB.

^Hey, Camas WA!!!! I was born in Vancouver, WA and grew up in Camas! I went to Dorothy Fox and lived on Prune Hill before moving to Texas.

:p

Last edited:
As Bob & Doug McKenzie might say - Fantasy football is for sucks.

It's essentially a D&D sports module, with less thinking.

PJeigh said:
As Bob & Doug McKenzie might say - Fantasy football is for sucks.

It's essentially a D&D sports module, with less thinking.
Yeah, how bout you bite my fat hairy ass, Pjeigh.

mlvassallo said:
^Hey, Camas WA!!!! I was born in Vancouver, WA and grew up in Camas! I went to Dorothy Fox and lived on Prune Hill before moving to Texas.

:p

Nice, I'm actually up on Prune Hill now. How long ago did you live out this way?

We moved in 1994. So it was YEARS ago. Although I was up in the PNW last thanksgiving to see the 'Hawks play the Giants. Next time i go up I will be heading to Camas just to check it out again. From what I hear there has been a lot of development in that area.

So are you a PaperMaker? The "mean machine" scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. My Uncle played footbal for CHS.

Well, Yahoo's Running Back Tier List has been released-

Tier 1: Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson
Tier 2: Tiki Barber, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James
Tier 3: Rudi Johnson, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Steven Jackson, LaMont Jordan
Tier 4: Julius Jones, Domanick Davis, Willis McGahee, Brian Westbrook
Tier 5: Kevin Jones, Corey Dillon, Reuben Droughns
Tier 6: Willie Parker, Warrick Dunn, Deuce McAllister, Reggie Bush, Thomas Jones, Chester Taylor, Tatum Bell
Tier 7: Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Joseph Addai, DeShaun Foster, Curtis Martin, Fred Taylor, Ron Dayne
Tier 8: Frank Gore, Chris Brown, Dominic Rhodes
Tier 9: Greg Jones, Laurence Maroney, Chris Perry, Kevan Barlow, Samkon Gado, LenDale White, Cedric Benson, Mewelde Moore, DeAngelo Williams
Other Notables: Priest Holmes, T.J. Duckett, Brandon Jacobs, Eric Shelton, Brian Calhoun, Mike Anderson, Ryan Moats, Duce Staley, Marion Barber, Cedric Cobbs, Michael Turner, Maurice Morris, Maurice Drew, Verron Haynes, Marshall Faulk, Ladell Betts, Michael Pittman, Michael Bennett

Anybody surprised how low Priest is?

I'm in for fantasy football. And depending on the way the league scoring is set up, I disagree with the notion of drafting a running back first. But then again, I have also never been great at fantasy football.

Its going to be a big year for Alexander, although he has a lot to live up to this year. He's going to have to try and beat himself.