its out.

The closest thing to great melee combat in a first person game is in Condemned. But the Wii isn't really able to do good swordfighting, for the simple fact that people will expect some sort of realistic, visceral experience when they'll actually get a simple, remedial slashing thing that has no feedback, which takes away the most basic part of combat in video games that dates back to Mario. The fact that it seems like you actually hit something.

Wii can't have that.

Lightsabers are different. Lightsabers just cut through everything with no pressure applied (or something), unless they throw in other lightsaber fights. Then it's not gonna do well.

i think the wii has more potential then any other system on the market when it comes to sword fights, a company just needs to sit down and make it great.

Well being that I'm a sucker and bought about 5 games for my Wii Red Steel is one of them. All I can say is that Red Steel 2 or Metroid 3 should have fixed this problem. It's not that game is bad or that the game dose not play well..............wait it really dose not play way. Sword fights are maybe the only thing the game can do right and even that could be changed. Aiming just feels weird and it takes time to get used to. I'm dman near at the end and I feel cheated a bit. The game holds so much promise but I can not complain though. It's first generation and with that there is room for a whole lot of upgrades. The one thing though Call of Duty 3 controls better than RS so we will see if Metroid 3 can prefect this system. But don't go out and rush to buy RS unless you really want the game.

Yeah, I was a little skeptical on Red Steel. Hopefully they'll improve on the problems.
By the way what else did you get for Wii?

I got Zelda of course, Excite truck, Red Steel, Truma Center, Rayman, and I just got Tony Hawk today along wit another PS3 and RFM, it pays sometimes to have a Stepfather trying to inpress me.

Wtf. These damn kids. It took me years just to get myself a PS2, Cube and Xbox. Now all these damn kids are just getting stuff handed to em! Back in my day, we had to WORK for our games. The last console I got for a gift was the N64!

spudlyff8fan said:
Wtf. These damn kids. It took me years just to get myself a PS2, Cube and Xbox. Now all these damn kids are just getting stuff handed to em! Back in my day, we had to WORK for our games. The last console I got for a gift was the N64!

spudly luda is older then u, ive heard his voice on live,

and i get systems for birthdays/ christmas. i still have to work it off in manual labor. nothings worst then getting up a 3 in the morning and milking the cows.....actually i live in the suburbs, so i just have to mow lawns and cut down trees. and keep my neighbors from trying the change the propety line, again.

spudlyff8fan said:
Oddly my story is just like Spuds'. Except I dont have a PS2 or Cube...

Dude I had to work for all my stuff. I worked for all my stuff. Everythig I got I paid for. My 360 I had to save for. One of the PS3's thats in my house my cousi bought he works and is older than me. The other one i had to bribe my mother and I still have to ay for it. So the bills I pay for and I must ay mom's back for the PS3. Don't think that i get this for free, unlike Gran I don't have to do school I work daily. Besides it pays to work in Gamestop.

luda since u work at gamestop, do u know when bioshock is comming out? i cant find a release date anywere.

Last time I checked there was no date. I can check but never trust to much in any dates from GS. Most of the time it's just a guess. Like Halo 3 is set for Aug. But when I find out i'll let everyone know.

November 26, 10:19pm US CST:

Vision blurry. I've seen one commercial so far. I haven't touched a wiimote yet or seen any displays in stores (because I just don't go to stores that often, especially during the madness of the holidays). I can hear Twilight Princess speaking to me in my dreams. Must... play...

yea my friend is buying TP for the cube, he's saving up for the wii, and going to buy TP for the wii to see the contol difference, and i cant wait to go over to his house and play it!

Yeah, Zelda TP is excellent and it works so well with the wiimote I was going to get it for the cube (you know just to say good-bye) but now I don't think I would want to.

I'm thinking about waiting and organizing it so a friend of mine who has a Wii has that verison of Twilight Princess and I have the Gamecube version, then we'll take turns or, if we dare, play them side by side. Thus, we get the whole experience without everyone buying everything twice over.

I guess it depends on how Christmas bodes. Man, I'm getting to old for this...

The Wii is nice. I've played a bit of TP but spent most of my time with Marvel Ultimate Alliance in order to knock out the review. Ultimate Alliance shows a lot of promise for adapting games that rely more on "traditional" controls to the Wii.

Still waiting for Metroid.