its out.

Grantastic85 said:
i remember trying to set up live, had to run a ethernet cord from my middlefloor computar room, down stares through storage, closets and finally to my xbox. it was a major pain but worth it none the less. scoops ide call nintendo's help number, they'll probably have more information.
I feel dumb for not suggesting that myself...

what for not just calling nintendo? its worth a try. and also scoops apperently nintendo's online versus game thing is still not up apperently, but you can download classic games i think. ill check into it.

My take. I got mine late Saturday night. Like 9p,. My boss let us take home our systems for the ones who pre-orded them but we had to work. But it was worth it. So here goes.

I bought Excite Truck, Red Steel and Zelda. Also I got lucky and got some extra controllers. I got my VC games; Altered Beast and Super Mario 64. And I can't wait till I can get more friends to share my code with that way Mii's can vist my consle. (Basil i'll share mine when I write it down so let me get yours) I ran into no problems with the WiFi. And Zelda is freakin awsome. Excite truck is pure fun, and Red Steel.lets just say it takes a good while to get the swing of things.no pun intended. As far as motion goes it runs like a charm. Wii spotrs is by far the easist thing to do and the Wii-mote picks up on full motion. Like in the menu if you twril the mote upside down the Hand points down. And Zelda by no means did they mess up with that Spud. It plays like a charm, and requires not much movement at all. I move my wrist and thats it. You don't even really have ti aim at the TV unless you have a bow or something.

Mow get this more games for the VC are on the way next month and I can't wait only complait I have is that Nintendo shorted the controllers every where. I had to call in favors from other stores so I could get some. But don't worry cus everything is a-ok by me.

600K Units sold in the US. And on a side note I got a PS3 in my house it's not mine but I am welcome to it anytime. Hopefully I'll get RFM, and Truma Center, and Rayman this week.

Yes, it's pretty unanimous that TP rules on the Wii. Add that to Gears of War and Dead Rising in the file of "High-Profile Games I Thought Were Going to Suck but Did Not." The fact remains it is practically going to have no real advantage over the Cube version outside of inaccurate controls.

spudlyff8fan said:
Yes, it's pretty unanimous that TP rules on the Wii. Add that to Gears of War and Dead Rising in the file of "High-Profile Games I Thought Were Going to Suck but Did Not." .

you thought gears was gonna suck? how? its impossible! its too fun, TOO FUN!

Well regardless of what we may think of TP, the fact that it's really only a Cube build of the game as far as looks, makes me wonder what a REAL Wii game will look like once someone uses all of it's power. You know like RE4 did with the cube. Sure it wont be anything like the 360 or PS3 but could you imagine what a game would look like if it is done right.

And I thought Gears was gonna either suck or not be fun at all. But on that note I was wrong which is why I bought one.

Alas, we had a family crisis last night, and I was out all night. Couldn't spend any time on setting up the wifi. Mayhap I'll figure it out tonight, then Luda, we'll exchange codes and all that nonsense.

My brother in law's good friend's wife was hospitalized over the weekend. It doesn't look good. They live in California, so Emma and I went over to her brother's place to keep him company and take his mind off of what was going on on the other side of the continent.

No, we just brought a pizza and some chips and sat and talked mostly. He showed me his Xbox on his new giant HD projector (his 360 is in the mail, should be there in a few days - that'll cheer him up I'm sure).

Friggin' w00t. I fixed it. Had to change the channel on my router from 6 to 1. That fixed it.

Anyhoo, send me your console codes and I'll reciprocate!

Anybody know when they're going to start sending playable demos out over WiiConnect24?

Red Steel has gotten nothing but negative feedback since its first conception at E3, man. It's pretty unanimously given the "sucky" label.

I hear it's getting a fairly lukewarm reception. Alas, it seems the devs don't have the skills to pull off FP swordfighting. Someone will figure something out within the next few years though.