Is The Rev really Next Gen Gaming

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
I want a Rev more than anything in thworld right now. (yea i'll take one over a three way with Jessica Alba, Angalina, and Halle.). So as i sit everyday and think of all the games i maybe playing one day I thought to myself is this what next gen is. I mean dont get me wrong I want a PS3 and i have a 360. But it's like a updated version of what i have had. With each system that has come and passed things changed. Different thing were added to alter game play. 64 and four contoller plugs. The PS had great 3D games. Xbox had eternal memory and online. But Sony nore Microsoft has said or done anything to change the Next Generation. Better graphics and bigger proccesing. More memory space. but nintendo has opted to keep gaming gaming. Not my system is better than yours. More like my games are better than yours. So as we all know weather nintendo Fails or not Sony And Microsoft will follw in some way as to what Nintendo is doing. So to me The Revo is the Next Generation in Gaming.

I want a PS3 like everybody but the Rev looks like the that deliver a new feel to any style game.(I'll take that three way off your friend.You not ready for that anyway.)

The 360 and PS3 have a ton of power. Imagine a DW style game, with armies of 400 on each side, all fighting each other, real-time, no pop-in (which DW and most DQ-esque games have alot of it seems), in a huge-ass battlefield. You don't run around with a squad of 10 guys and fight randomly placed groups of 30 soldiers standing in a cluster, it's like a real battle. I would consider that next-gen. Imagine Fable like we were told it was gonna be, how we imagined it...and a hell of alot more. That's next-gen. Considering what I've heard of the Rev's specs I don't know if it'd be easily possible on it. The Revo is just as next-generation as any other system, but in different ways.

well the thing about nintendo is they tend to place quitly high on the list of quifcations for a game for the system... now please dont peg me as a fanboy, im not. its just less bad games seem to slip by the nintedo licencers and say PS whose idea for bisnes is to thro as much shit on the wall as they can and see what sticks..

basicly there is always room on my shelf for a nentendo box.

Well...the Nintendo definitely does have the lowest concentration of bad games...but that's because they simply have fewer games.

The revolution is really the defining next gen console in my opinion. You look at Sony and Microsoft, they seem to think that the only aspect defining next gen gaming is graphics and the online experience, but they're forgetting one important thing, gameplay. Gameplay has to evolve along with the graphics, and like always, Nintendo is the one to do just that.

Don't forget. The single greatest leap in gaming was from 2d to 3d. That was pure technology that made it possible. Don't think that nothing new is going to happen from jumps in spec power.

i realy like 2d. i beleave it take a lot more artistic knowhow to make a well done 2-d game then a 3-d game. but thats just an opion.

It takes a lot more artistic knowhow NOW due to the fact that the world is spoiled on 3D tech. Back in my day just a square shooting lines into random shapes was good.

.....sometimes, it's still good.

Well, these days it's usually cheaper to make a quickie 3d model. Like, look at the newer Megaman games like Network Transmission and the newer X games all have mediocre 3d renders. I mean, there's still games like King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Metal Slug, everything by Nippon Ichi and such that still go with the old-timey 2d graphics, but most games don't.

i am def down with gettin a revolution its going to be the cheapest which is sweet. and i just love playing nintendo games. im not a fanboy cuz i love my sony consoles and microsoft consoles just as much. im just sayin im gonna get a revolution b/c of its cheaper price and quality games. plus my girl friend digs the nintendo games. :tongue:

Last edited:
yes and no!

it is next gen gaming because well they have found a way to actualy bring you closer to the game.... with its new controler you have a crazy new feel for videogames.... on the other side it doesnt meet the criteria for being a newgen game... like graphics... there good.. but ps3 will be the best... the rev will be a very weird choice cause i mean im sure they will come out with some great games... and i think were due for the best damn zelda game ever... and i mean you know smash bros will be REVed up ya get me lol... so i say let it be called next gen but it sure as hell aint comming close to the war...

With the controller, the Revolution is the most next-gen gaming system, but when it comes to graphics... that's when it starting loosing.

But, we will find out if that controller is good for anything... or if it comes with an original style controller.

i donno, they said that about the cube, but it produced some killer looking games for the time.

nintendo will make games that will be really fun... at that point the grafics will just be icing.. inthe end shouldnt it be gamplay then visuals and not the other way around anyway.

You try telling some of the current generation of gamers that.

Sadly, it's the younger ones that don't get it. Then again, they weren't raised on the classics, either.

Nintendo knows what it's doing.

Yes it is sad but ture. Younger gamers now dont care about whats good. But at the same time there are some older gamers that don't care......I like to call them rookies.............I blame the industry for this and low and behold Sony was at the front of the line pushing this. I enjoy games that look good but I can care less about graphics. I would match a old 2D game upaginst any new 3D game any day. If the game play good and is fun why should we care about graphics. Do the specs and tech work really make a game or dose the game make the tech and the specs. In my opinion it always has and always will be the games. PS1 was better in the tech department when it was out but the system would be nowhere if the didn't have the games it had to push the hardware. Same goes for the XBOX true it was powerfull but Halo mad the pwer waht it was.

And dont think for a sec that the Rev wont have sweat looking games. Nintendo has proven that they can have less power and still have games the will look in comparison with Sony and Microsoft.

Right now the Rev and the PS3 are "next-gen", but when they are sitting in your living room they are "current gen"... so yes and no?

EXTREME NEWS. If you Know this then will huray for you. May 9 will be the the anouncement on a offical Release day and price of the Rev. then E3 kicks off. For ppl like me who can't make it this year ( why did i leave GameStop ) I'll be like the normal ppl

But I'm tryin to Crash E3 this year anyone whos with me let me know

I am a little confused here. The REV? is that the new nintendo system coming out??? If so, i really hope people dont want to get it! its like a system that uses a TV remote to play! LOL... that thing looks sooooo weird and ugly!