I wonder why no company besides EA are making boxing videogames ?

Darth_Jonas said:
The problem with the football games is that everyone wants to play using the NFL. Nobody wants the World League or any other ones. You are right, Poetic, when you said they can't buy up every boxing sponsorship. Someone should come out with the UFC game. Having other fighting styles besides boxing would be awesome, difficult to pull off, but awesome.

WOW a UFC game. I had a Pride game and I've played other UFC titles but most of them pretty much sucked. But to have somone cotract out a UFC deal. would be insane. You guys should bring that up at E3 and force it down someones mouth.

UFC would be awsome...and to the posts earlier both EA and 2k have their strong areas...IMO Madden and MVP are better but NHL and NBA are better from 2k Sports.... i think fight night is OK and could be A LOT better so i think some competition would be good

Darth_Jonas said:
The problem with the football games is that everyone wants to play using the NFL. Nobody wants the World League or any other ones. You are right, Poetic, when you said they can't buy up every boxing sponsorship. Someone should come out with the UFC game. Having other fighting styles besides boxing would be awesome, difficult to pull off, but awesome.

Have you played K-1 World Grand Prix made by Konami for Playstation 2 ? It's pretty good, it came out in 2003,I'm hoping someone make a up-to-date game.

Yea they had a ton of UFC games for both the PS2 and Xbox but most of them were ass. I really don't lie EA Sports at all. So I would like 2K to pick up in that department. Most of there sports titles play better than anything EA has.

Well like EA's is any different. I've seen the same create-a-player in every single EA game there is. And when are they gonna get better fetures to have. Fight Night is the only one where it was real deep

But thats completly different. Fight Night was very deep compared to everything else EA does. Well i have it for the 360 And it can take you a up to 2hrs to fully get the boxer the way you want. And besides all WWE games are like that. Remember No Mercy. I spent well over 6hrs crafting my killer. And on Day of Reckoning it took me a while just to get my entrence perfect.....................Never was A big Smackdown fan I stay more on the Nintendo versions. But due to the new systems and the fact i need a fix SvsR 07 looks good and the changes some things about it.

I haven't played the XBox360 version.I'm waiting on the Playstation 3.I want a boxing game i can put some time in to get a boxer that has a true likeness to it's counter-part.I saw some of the XBox360 created boxer floating around the internet and alot of them aren't anything too exciting to me.I'm think [B]EA/Kudo[/B] limited the hairstyles and skin tones again

Well don't think for a second that the PS3 version will be any different.......unless you count graphics..........I have it and if you have a 360 why wait till the PS3. It good a bit slow but the game by far is the best of the series. The sheere joy of puttin down a fool who thinks he ca take you on is priceless.

POETICDRINK2U said:
I'm hoping since Fight Night Round 3 was first showed on Playstation 3 as a demo there would be exclusive things.I think I remember seeing or hearing Kudo saying something about this.

Yea that would never happen EA can't break into a solo deal with just one system in sports it would be stupid to do so.

Fight Night Round 3 was amazing, but I agree, competition DOES bring improvement. Unfortunately, that won't be te case with Madden because of EA's sole license, and it definitely won't be the case with the Major League Baseball 2K series, cause of their exclusive license. Madden seems to be improving slightly, but I've lost confidence in the 2K Baseball series. 2K6 was a HUGE letdown, and I for one don't think I'll ever buy a 2K baseball game.

2k Sports doesn't have an exclusive license to the MLB. The deal stipulated that third-party companies could no longer make games, only really excluding EA. This does mean, however, that there will only really be a bunch of console-exclusive baseball games from here on out. Like Nintendo's Penant Chase Baseball (coming out eventually) or SCEA's MLB: The Show.