I wonder why no company besides EA are making boxing videogames ?

POETICDRINK2U

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Newark,NJ
poeticdrink2u3.wix.com
I wonder why no other company besides EA are making boxing video games? There are a lot of gaming companies (THQ, 2K Sports, Konami, etc.) out there with the resources to compete with EA. Boxing is a huge sport with many fans willing to buy a boxing sim.EA is half *ssing it because they have no competition. I was wondering can you help me get an answer to this question?

I hope it's good. And better than Fight Night. So far everything 2K has done in the sports area is better than EA.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
I hope it's good. And better than Fight Night. So far everything 2K has done in the sports area is better than EA.

Totally agreed. To me EA games feel too arcade like. I especially enjoy 2K's hockey games better. And sadly NFL 2K5 was leaps and bounds above any Madden game but they put a stop to that.

I liked NFL 2k5 plenty, but I think Madden 2006 was better. But Madden does NOT feel arcadey. But they really did make NHL 2006 arcadey....

Well in comparison to NFL 2K5 Madden feels arcadey to me. Each year it feels less and less arcadey though. EA's NHL series has always been very arcade like.

All the 2k games have felt arcadey to me. IMO EA has created superior products in the Football, and Baseball games. MVP Baseball 2005 is lightyears better than MLB 2K5, and sadly that has been put to an end, and we're stuck with a very crappy MLB 2K6, and no MVP Baseball 2006 to turn to. I like Madden slightly better than 2K, just because it feels more like a simulation than an arcade game... if you have sliders set right. Also, it's much more popular with my friends, and it's what we play a lot more of. 2K still has NBA and NHL, and who knows, maybe they'll put out a better boxing game than EA. (which will be pretty hard cause Fight Night Round 3 is probably one of the best sports games I have ever played)

I just want a real boxing sim ! I wish "Title Bout Championship Boxing" was more than a text-based game I love it's presentation.As long as EA has competition we will get more;without competition they'll give us anything.

Yea I have A copy that game was great Ippo was the man. I liked the fact that a lot of ppl are giving credit to Fight Night and EA for changing the way we play fighint games. You know the Movement and the no Hud. But for those of us who do know it was all Fighint Spirt I mean Victorious Boxers who changed it. EA did a hell of a jod in perfecting it but they do not deserve all the credit.

Fight Night Round 3 is good but Kudo know he could have done much better.Fight Night needs to drop the gimmicky stuff and make a true sim.Ea should save the gimmicky stuff for an arcade mode.People want a deep game; a boxing experience with everything that goes with boxing,stats,records,rankings,referees,etc;.

Problem is EA wont do that. Madden, NBA Live, Fight Night, And most of the others are all the same. They really have never upgraded from one year to the next. Because ppl are gonna buy it anyway and think it's the best thing since slice bread.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Problem is EA wont do that. Madden, NBA Live, Fight Night, And most of the others are all the same. They really have never upgraded from one year to the next. Because ppl are gonna buy it anyway and think it's the best thing since slice bread.

That's why competition is key to change this.

POETICDRINK2U said:
That's why competition is key to change this.

Yea but with EA with the NFL license it kinda defeats the purpose...............Dose that count as A monopoly............Thanks to the solo deals goning on. It's kinda hard to have competition between companys. the NFL 2K vs Madden is a hefty battle that can always be waged.........I honestly think 2K is better by far. Madden is the Same year after year..................But ther is trouble brewing now I hope they wont contiue like this. I understand beating the Comp but that was shady in a Way.

But Hey GameStop Bought out EB so whos wrong

The problem with the football games is that everyone wants to play using the NFL. Nobody wants the World League or any other ones. You are right, Poetic, when you said they can't buy up every boxing sponsorship. Someone should come out with the UFC game. Having other fighting styles besides boxing would be awesome, difficult to pull off, but awesome.