Halo 2

I know you play as the arbitor, but if I said you play as the arbitor people who haven't played the game won't have any clue about what I'm talking about.

What questions from the first game didn't this one answer? I'm just curious.

It's ok

I don't know why all the hate towards Halo 2. While it wasn't as great as the hype made it out to be, it was still pretty good. Some bashers out there have a point. The single-player should have been longer (only one level on Earth?). The story was way better than the og Halo's was. At least as far as presentation goes. The end was a little dissappointing...if you like a definitive end. Personally, I liked the end, it made you stand up and go, WTF!!!!! I like a game that can draw a strong reaction from me, just as long as I liked most of the rest. I also wouldn't have minded if there had been a "choose your path ending"...choose to be the Chief or the Arbiter and then go at it, and see who wins. Just some thoughts.

personally I would of enjoyed more time playing in the city and the streets, at first that was a rush. Then they went out and transported you to space blah blah f*(in blah.

Reply to: KirbyLink: It's ok

I don't know why all the hate towards Halo 2. While it wasn't as great as the hype made it out to be, it was still pretty good. Some bashers out there have a point. The single-player should have been longer (only one level on Earth?). The story was way better than the og Halo's was. At least as far as presentation goes. The end was a little dissappointing...if you like a definitive end. Personally, I liked the end, it made you stand up and go, WTF!!!!! I like a game that can draw a strong reaction from me, just as long as I liked most of the rest. I also wouldn't have minded if there had been a "choose your path ending"...choose to be the Chief or the Arbiter and then go at it, and see who wins. Just some thoughts.

Um, I refer to the various posts and rants I have had on Halo 2 to counter your post. :)

I lost my virginity to this game....it was very passionate.....first we embraced....then we gently kissed as i picked up the controller......we took are cloths of as i watched the opening movie......thats when things got crazy..i started the game.........befory i knew it, it was 9:00 am the next day...i was very....happy :)

HALO 3...

Some moron at my school swears that he has a copy of halo 3 and that it is done being made and is in the testing stages... I just shook my head looked at my friend and shrugged. This asshole kept telling me to let him play my DS, did not ask told me and I said no so he said it out of desperation to make me jealous LOL over a test copy of Halo 3 LOL that doesn't exist

Hmm, should I enter this debate? Is my job secure enough to risk the wrath of the masses?

Ack, what the hell...

Hasn't anyone ever thought about this from an Xbox2 perspective?

Doesn't it make sense that Microsoft *stopped* Bungie from completing the game's story in favor of carrying the game over as a launch title for their new console? Why else would a game so long in development abruptly stop as though the plug had been pulled?

Also, has no one ever pondered why all the E3 2004 footage set in vast and sprawling twilight city scapes *was not in the game*, and why that footage was visually *so much better* than anything else we actually received through the game?

Now, a test version of Halo3 in the hands of some greasy kid may be a little far fetched, but is it not possible that Bungie have already adapted to Xbox2 code and have worked the remainder of the story for that platform? Was the footage at E3 2004 in fact sample Xbox2 demos?

Something to think about. Conspiracy is the fuel that will bring us all back with forgiveness flooding from every filthy pore when Halo3 slams down with the Xbox2.

Somebodys attempting to stir the pot here....bad EIC, bad! If MS wanted the boys from Bungie to save their best for the XBox 2, then MS screwed up. Giving your public a subpar game just so you'll have a named launch title isnt how things should be run. I hope this particular speculation is way off base...but it probably isn't. It sounds to rational and scheming to not be something Microsoft would do.

No, no...I think you'll find that Microsoft's planning on Halo2 was spot on.

Over $125 million in it's opening weekend, crazed fanboy drooling, vastly inflated review scores based on hysteria and hyperbole, and a distinctly 'more of the same' delivery. A certified success in every sense of the word.

And the hook ending means ALL OF US, regardless of our current opinions, will want to finish the game out. Halo3 will be too historically significant (in gaming terms) to pass up the chance to witness it. Though some of us may be seething with frustration and disappointment after Halo2, we WILL succumb to the temptation when Xbox2 offers us another glimpse.

We'll always come back for more. Microsoft are merely appealing to the dollar assurance evident in our Star Wars-loving genes. It's working for George, it'll work for Bill.

You know it to be true!

Solid?? What part of the campaign mode is solid? The choppy framerate, the crappy interface, the horrid story? What makes that solid? The I-would-walk-500-miles to find somethng to shoot part? Thats not solid, thats shoddy. Bah....

I have reason to believe youve never played this game before...or if you have, you played it on the easiest level, because thats the only way you could walk 500 miles w/out running into someone to kill.

werd.

Quick question Afro: Does it matter if I played it on easy or not? If I did and I didn't mind you, that's no excuse for any type of gap in enemies. There were points in the game, not alot of them, that if things went a certain way, then there was nothing to shoot at. Kinda defeats the purpose of calling it a FPS doesn't it? More like a Stroll Through the Countryside Simulator.