Halo 2

Stan

myGamer Slave
Staff member
Registered
Jun 22, 2005
www.mygamer.com
[a]index.php?page=gameportal&id=80[aaa]Click here to view this game`s reviews, downloads, news..[/a].[/br][/br]Meanwhile tell us what you think of this game!

I thought the game was an excellent multi-player experience. I did feel let down by the single player campaign, however. Unfortunately, I apparently didn't like the game enough to avoid hate mail. Tell me guys, do you really think a score of 8.8 out of 10is really too low? If very good game is meriting scores of 97, 98, even 100, where is there room for other titles to go scoring wise?

In my honest opinion, I think the real element that has drawn fire about the review (from other forums) is the game getting a rating of 8.8 - Distinguished, and this in the final paragraph:

"Honestly, if you're not an Xbox Live subscriber, or don't have a few consoles to link up with your friends, then Halo 2 really isn’t much more than a rental option".

Most forum posters, besides the fanboys seem to think this is strangely contrary.

My point there is that without access to multiplayer options, you are talking about 9-10 hours of solid game play. I would call that a rental. Then again, I considered Resident Evil 2 a rental too just because I can't afford, and many gamers can't afford, shelling out 50 dollars for something that might not last them more than a few days.

Yes, there is a co-op split screen mode that can extend that with one game and tv, but in practicality unless your tv is big enough, split screen can be hard to deal with. It's still an opinion, and it's totally subjective.

I know what you're saying Rache, I think the fact that you could get hate mail for having an opinion is just ridiculous....But this is the wonderful fanboy world within which we live....To be fair though, I have seen some positive forum activity regarding the lower review scores from various sources. I think most balanced gamers look at games getting 9.9 or even a straight 10 with a certain amount of suspicion.

Oh boy am I gonna have a field day with this game!! Just woke up after a 8 hour run with the game.....and boy am I bored. Short of the pretty backgrounds and a few new shinys here and there, you're playing Halo all over again. I think Rache's review and scores were actually too high. This game is NOT the end all be all to XBox games or FPS in general. Wait for the rant on it. It should be good. Kudos to Rache for giving the public what it needs and not what it wants: An honest opinion on an otherwise ordinary game. Don't believe the hype folks.

All my friends are hyped about the game and i read the review and told one what i read and he started defending the game he said "Well thats only rumors" espicailly about the whole story line not being up to par. He also said that no one has actually played it and that the developers only show some clips of the games, when i have heard on X-play that there was a downloadable version of Halo 2 online (in french that explains alot) and yet again "Well that's only a rumor". he is just a little sheep believing what its been hyped up to be and nothing less, i still think that the multiplayer will be DA BOMB but other then that i don't think it will be much... Oh yeah just a question
Is it really cheap to use unlimited grenades when you have the chance? (PS: I didn't make any of the game types or customize them so all my friends let me have them)

Perhaps I should start a "Legion of Saint Bastard" and call all my followers Bastardites. But, Miami you are quite correct, the single player sucks and the multiplayer is where it should be, I hope. I tried to get on it last nite and the servers were being funny or I was being impatient or....add reason here. Could get on if I started a map but found no other players.....but the maps look nice....I guess....its a bonus....to look pretty.....I suppose....

whoa some one agrees with me...
alright well my friends are still obsessed with the storyline and how great it is...
QUESTION 2: How did the flood get back to earth, A SECOND HALO is what i heard. but before they knew of the second halo my friend said that more ships got off of the first halo and that the flood could have been stowaways on the ships, which were pelicans right. I had a hard time believing a human or covenant would not see a flood on their ship.

I finally beat the game last night, and I have to say, it's one of the best I've ever played, and I don't usually like FPS. It just has an epic feel to it. Some might be disappointed that it's not the epic Earth saving battle Bungie hinted at with the E3 demo, but it is still an epic battle. The graphics are gorgeous, the sound effect are some of the best I've ever heard, the game constantly moves forward (as opposed to Metroid Prime, which moves back and forth over places you've already been to), the levels are huge, and I can't wait to play through it again.

That said, it is still only a game. Don't expect it to get you laid, or to raise your children, or to become your salvation.

Gee looks like we have a Halo Fanboy on the site, hello 10NES. Catchy name. There is nothing epic about this game. Its a first person shooter with little in the way of storyline and a shiny new coat of paint. The hiccups in co-op are annoying at best and the dual wield mechanism is very clunky. It has its moments, dont get me wrong. It is a pretty game. But quite like women a pretty face isnt enough to get by on. You better have a brain to compete....and be a little crazy...I like the crazy. But to compete with the big boys of this generation, you need more than Halo 2. Wait for Goldeneye 2....that should be a good representation of what should be done with a FPS. I could be wrong....but I'm not.

Oh yeah, Goldeye 2, brought to you by the masters of innovation and storytelling, EA Games. "Challenge Everything, unless last year's game sold like hotcakes, then just do that again."

The fanboy comment is a little out of line, just because I can recognize a good game for what it is doesn't make me a fanboy any more than someone who calls every game crap makes them a critic of distinguished taste.

I liked the story, how many games tell you the other side. You never play as Bowser in any Mario game, or Gannon in any Zelda game, or as the megalomaniacal insane pretty boy with fabulicious hair in any Final Fantasy. Halo 2 says, here play as Master Chief and a Convenant Elite because there are two sides to every story.

Nice EA comment, Ill have to steal that from ya :) But why try to put two stories into one game when you cant even complete the story you initially went out to tell. The game doesnt answer any of the questions from the first one and just adds more to the plate. The only way you seem to get any story at all is if you spend 7.99 to buy the compaion novels based on the games. Pretty shabby if you ask me.

It is not just any convenant elite its the arbiter i don't own the game and i can get a freaking name right gosh... and in the Super Mario DS you do get to play as bowser... i think
I think that "everything or nothing" (hope thats right) the Third person shooter was pretty good, to tell you the truth i like third person shooters slightly better when it comes to games that are more linear rather then free for all like Star Wars: Battle Grounds that got annyoing but helped with the jet pack units

It does Hank. Im not saying we shouldnt have games where we play bad guys. Im all about that, if done well. But dont split the game up and not explain anything...that just sucks. Cliffhangers work on tv, they dont work for things that take years to produce.
Plus you only ever played as Wario in a Wario game.